• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 301 baby Titan. Please add me if you've got a spot left. PSN is same as username here.

turns out my group wants to run normal oryx first then restart hard at totems... if you're still down shoot me a FR... we might be filling up any second so no hard feelings if these guys jump in.

PSN: TheCanisDirus

Acidote

Start the HM raid at 307. Get to Oryx still at 307. Leave the spot for someone else more geared because the game hates me.

turns out my group wants to run normal oryx first then restart hard at totems... if you're still down shoot me a FR... we might be filling up any second so no hard feelings if these guys jump in.

PSN: TheCanisDirus

If you're doing a fresh normal raid, it'll take at least an hour or two. I don't think I'll be able to stick around for much longer after that. It's Ok. Maybe some other time.

todd360

they'll eventually break anyway, go for it. i'm on my third one.

I have 2 black from launch and one white with the "improved sticks" Both sticks have a cut in the rubber that have been slowly expanding.

I would like a steel black. My concern is that it costs more since import and that the sticks will just fall apart after a half a year or so like all the rest. This controller would be perfect if it wasn't for the shit battery and and sticks. Battery isn't even a big issue for me since I have the official charge station that I imported. I don't really want to put any caps on the sticks either. I shouldn't have to do that for my controllers to last. I'd expect this shit from 3rd party controllers, but not the official one you know.

Sullichin

One day left in the Doom alpha. Has an NDA which is a little silly but I'll say it feels very different than Destiny which is refreshing. Going back to 30fps for Destiny was super jarring for my first match. I was surprised at how shitty it felt. After a while I didn't notice it at all because Destiny really does handle great at 30fps.

Very, very close to buying an Xbox One for Halo 5 but I might wait for Black Friday deals at this point.

JonCha

296 Light myself. I'm basically going to just do the Raid now on normal. Hopefully the next run will drop some 300+ gear which push my over.

Totally agree w what you're saying about the current problems easily 2-cycling it. But it needs a more fundamental revision than starting w all powers and taking them away. Even something basic like HP threshold triggers that deactivate the brand would work (but feel cheap).

Subtracting powers also doesn't work with the encounter's conceptual framework of the Occulus consuming the runes for power then transferring it to Warpriest. I believe the Occulus is supposed to be Oryx working by proxy to teach Warpriest abilities from his Taken army. It's a cool idea (that's completely lost in NM...) but it's not scaled well currently (2 cycle 2 easy).

Yup, I agree with allllll you said.

What if Warpriest had more health, activated the oculus every X minutes, and his extra powers were health based(ie every extra ability activated progressively every 25%?)

That solves a few things-
1. Beating the boss can be based on how a group tackles him, instead of waiting for the damage phase
2. He gets progressively harder the more you take him down. Done hastily can cause disaster if theres alotta adds up, and you get overwhelmed, so you need add control in all 3 sections
3. The oculus serves as a death timer- if you take too long then the oculus will consume all the rune stones and its game over. Thus providing a sense of urgency in taking down adds so you can continue damaging the boss.

todd360

You need it

Damn it. I need it. Stupid import shipping prices. I need a fresh controller for trials domination.

i'm expecting them to come over here. maybe in a few months after Japan.

They most likely will release them here months from now. It will be more months than you would expect though. That's the issue. I wish we got this stuff first like how we got the console first. Its not like Japan is in love with ps4 like we are.

Edit: I've never had an issue with any of the buttons.

LiK

I have 2 black from launch and one white with the "improved sticks" Both sticks have a cut in the rubber that have been slowly expanding.

I would like a steel black. My concern is that it costs more since import and that the sticks will just fall apart after a half a year or so like all the rest. This controller would be perfect if it wasn't for the shit battery and and sticks. Battery isn't even a big issue for me since I have the official charge station that I imported. I don't really want to put any caps on the sticks either. I shouldn't have to do that for my controllers to last. I'd expect this shit from 3rd party controllers, but not the official one you know.

i'm expecting them to come over here. maybe in a few months after Japan.

my main issue is the R2 trigger. Destiny and other FPS games destroy it.

todd360

ZuonKVc.jpg

I wonder if 90s see through looks better in person. See through gba was cool looking.

TL;DR: King's Fall is a good raid. It's not a great raid.

Edit: wow seriously? I swear I didn't camp this page top. Please believe me.

Right on the money. KF design is so random, like they designed separate encounters and stitched them together to form a raid. It has no flow to it, no consistency.

Also for page top reward you get to help me kill oryx 3x before the weekly reset. Should have time tomorrow (in the next 12 hours) till reset to get it done. Thanks in advance ;)

I dunno if youre being obtuse.

Tell me, right now which one would be harder:
Warpriest starting with all 3 abilities, losing them progressively

Warpriest starting with no abilities, and losing 60-70% of his health in one cycle because he has the same health as normal mode.

Because right now the 2nd example is happening. At the most youll see him with one of his new abilities, because if done correctly he will die the 2nd cycle.

I'm not being obtuse. All the abilities at the start doesn't make his life last longer. If you want to just throw more damage at the players, you can accomplish that a ton of other ways that wouldn't make the fight progressively easier.

More adds, player defense debuff, stronger attack from either adds or Warpriest or both.

But that doesn't make the fight more interesting or engaging. It just makes it unforgiving. Perhaps Warpriests defense could be buffed or he could have the first two dmg phases capped at 33% before the burn phases are over. That, at least, wouldn't punish the player for having good dps.

Wilde

Also for page top reward you get to help me kill oryx 3x before the weekly reset. Should have time tomorrow (in the next 12 hours) till reset to get it done. Thanks in advance ;)

Me too! All three of my characters are at the Oryx checkpoint, I'd really like to knock it out a few times before reset.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm wondering which version of vanilla Destiny I have. The box looks like the original cover but inside it, there are two expansion "passes". Which version do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom