• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One last question, if I want to buy the "most value" Collector's Edition for Destiny Taken King, is digital the only option? I can't find it physical anywhere...

Magik

Let's just hope that the challenge mode for KF, if its real, addresses some of the concerns in KF that all of you are bring up.

The way it is now, after next week "HM" KF will be no more difficult than NM.

isn't this the same mistake they did with Deathsingers in CE? there were no chances for exotic drops at all until they patched it.

The exotic chance was originally from the first chest, in one of the side doors of the Abyss. I still remember TDB launch day with so many excited, ignorant Guardians posting "I got the new exotic Rocket Launcher!!! Dragons Breath OP!!!!"

There was no loot whatsoever from DSingers like you said. And anyone could easily grab that first chest solo by wiping until it appeared in the first door. So Bungie took that exact chest drop (2 Radiant mats, potential class item, potential exotic weapon) and dumped it at DS. Gave that chest a new drop of 2 Rad mats; you could actually loot it twice the week they changed it but DS would give nothing.

todd360

Ordered steel black. I will have it sometime next month. I will post pics then if anyone here wants to see it.

Afro can you post pics of crystal? I would like to see it.

Another day another destiny.

LiK

The exotic chance was originally from the first chest, in one of the side doors of the Abyss. I still remember TDB launch day with so many excited, ignorant Guardians posting "I got the new exotic Rocket Launcher!!! Dragons Breath OP!!!!"

There was no loot whatsoever from DSingers like you said. And anyone could easily grab that first chest solo by wiping until it appeared in the first door. So Bungie took that exact chest drop (2 Radiant mats, potential class item, potential exotic weapon) and dumped it at DS. Gave that chest a new drop of 2 Rad mats; you could actually loot it twice the week they changed it but DS would give nothing.

yea, that's what i mean. first chest gave better rewards than DS. it was pretty amazing something like that was overlooked until they saw people farming the chests.

Fonz72

One last question, if I want to buy the "most value" Collector's Edition for Destiny Taken King, is digital the only option? I can't find it physical anywhere...

Digital Collector's edition is NOT worth the extra $20. The shaders are cool, but you out level the class items quickly and they are not upgradeable.

If you have both previous expansions then the digital limited edition for $40 is the best bet.

You can always buy the CE upgrade later for $20

Right on the money. KF design is so random, like they designed separate encounters and stitched them together to form a raid. It has no flow to it, no consistency.

Also for page top reward you get to help me kill oryx 3x before the weekly reset. Should have time tomorrow (in the next 12 hours) till reset to get it done. Thanks in advance ;)

Me too! All three of my characters are at the Oryx checkpoint, I'd really like to knock it out a few times before reset.

I'll be around tonight, happy to help w some kills. Talked to Stabie earlier today about doing another one since him and Jigga still need some loot he said.

Once people are familiar with new strat it will be easy. I thought original strat was easy but didn't work out that way all the time.

Can confirm. In our second run on Friday, my hunter got squat from warpriest
I've killed the warpreist on normal nine times and two on hard and I've never gotten a single normal item from him. I am thankful for the two hard drops he's given me. On that note, in eleven clears I've gotten twelve ghosts total.

Mupod

every time I do something other than refresh this thread for 5 minutes I come back and another group has started and filled up. I think I should just play SFV for the rest of the day instead.

Need 4 preferably at 310+ light. Experience would be nice currently at Oryx on hm. Doing the new strag.

1. Me (309 )
2. Agent_Singh (309)

every time I do something other than refresh this thread for 5 minutes I come back and another group has started and filled up. I think I should just play SFV for the rest of the day instead.
Do this.

Xxxx activity, leaving as soon as we get six,

1. Mupod

Yeah I know, that's all I need. Just wondered if you were going to try the new start, as at 309 I might struggle doing it the conventional way.

You can join me, I'm in a fireteam of 3 right now. I farmed the NF with you for cloaks. Anyone wants to do oryx HM add me: DreadfulOmen. Prefer 309-310.

I'll be around tonight, happy to help w some kills. Talked to Stabie earlier today about doing another one since him and Jigga still need some loot he said.

Once people are familiar with new strat it will be easy. I thought original strat was easy but didn't work out that way all the time.

I'll keep an eye out to see if i can join. Also need some oryx clears and have already done the new strat sucessfully.

Silvard

My best chance might be to join one of these runs, I'll be around so please count me in for them.

Need 4 preferably at 310+ light. Experience would be nice currently at Oryx on hm. Doing the new strag.

1. Me (309 )
2. Agent_Singh (309)

You guys want to join me? I got 3 already. I beat oryx last night so we can go over the method and what have us the most problems. Same psn as gaf.

I want to make a bet but there's nothing GHorn-esque to put up as a meaningful wager. I'll try this instead:

If Bungie doesn't patch something related to the new Oryx strat, I'll dismantle my Atheon's Epilogue.

...don't laugh. It was my very first raid drop. Trust me, it has a lot of sentimental value.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Last question, how much XP bonus do the exotic items give (from the collector's edition)?

Edit; also, is there a way of confirming if you've redeemed your expansion pack codes?

LiK

I want to make a bet but there's nothing GHorn-esque to put up as a meaningful wager. I'll try this instead:

If Bungie doesn't patch something related to the new Oryx strat, I'll dismantle my Atheon's Epilogue.

...don't laugh. It was my very first raid drop. Trust me, it has a lot of sentimental value.

i still have all old raid drops. not sure why.

GlamFM

Banned

Kept and will forever keep all 3 VoG elemental primaries.

Kyoufu

They're not going to patch this. Why would they? We're not exploiting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom