• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they address the hm rewards and loot tables asap.

Getting no drops from totems and daughters makes zero sense.

Getting shards and normal mode drop from a hard mode warpriest kill (without having done normal first) makes no sense. Where the hell is the hard mode drop?

What do we do with moldering shards if they have no more use in hard raid? Why would anyone run normal mode once hard mode is out?

I can never understand how these decisions get made...smh

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did you get the Legendary Edition of TTK Yoshi?

No, not yet. I'm wondering why my current version of Destiny has a paper with a code for two expansion packs.

Getting shards and normal mode drop from a hard mode warpriest kill (without having done normal first) makes no sense. Where the hell is the hard mode drop?

Nothing. That's the HM drop. You got nothing.

Pretty sure "nothing" is a HM potential drop from every encounter except Oryx. It's baffling.

E92 M3

I hope they address the hm rewards and loot tables asap.

Getting no drops from totems and daughters makes zero sense.

What do we do with moldering shards if they have no more use in hard raid? Why would anyone run normal mode once hard mode is out?

I can never understand how these decisions get made...smh

A bunch of number crunchers are in the investment team and they don't play their own game. That's my only guess lol.

LiK

Nothing. That's the HM drop. You got nothing.

Pretty sure "nothing" is a HM potential drop from every encounter except Oryx. It's baffling.

isn't this the same mistake they did with Deathsingers in CE? there were no chances for exotic drops at all until they patched it.

LiK

holy crap that new HM stragety for Oryx is way too easy. wow.

easy except for the platform in back where one ogre from across your platform will randomly shoot you and kill you. even when you're just crouching and waiting for the runner to get relic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
since I apparently have both expansion packs from the vanilla Destiny-game... how much would The Taken King (JUST THE DLC) cost me from the digital store?

Tovarisc

easy except for the platform in back where one ogre from across your platform will randomly shoot you and kill you. even when you're just crouching and waiting for the runner to get relic.

So getting unlucky with targeting RNG will fuck whole pull over and force wipe because at that point there is no way of killing ogre before targeted player is dead? Meh :/

Get lucky and win in targeting RNG => Good if not best HM Oryx tactic atm

Get bad RNG roll => Wipe.. after wipe

LiK

So getting unlucky with targeting RNG will fuck whole pull over and force wipe because at that point there is no way of killing ogre before targeted player is dead? Meh :/

Get lucky and win in targeting RNG => Good if not best HM Oryx tactic atm

Get bad RNG roll => Wipe.. after wipe

my group was obviously getting very frustrated with me dying because of it. i had to explain it wasn't my fault cuz they couldn't see me. it wasn't until 2 hours later that 2 guys saw how i died. REDEMPTION.

sometimes the ogres will even shoot me as i'm getting off the platform to reach the daughter's platform. there was no way for me to avoid dying unless i'm higher light.

Yoshichan

Welcome Yoshi!
I think you need to redeem the two DLC codes you have for it to even show up in the store.

okay bro, now could you please tell me why the game needs to update a 18gb patch?

This would be the worst thing. It'd turn the encounter into what we hate, where we can't make it go faster through skill. :p

Haha oh trust me, that was given as a bad example. Faster clears with higher skill should be a cornerstone of encounters that are replayed weekly.

Conflux-Oracles
Confluxacles
was a notorious offender. Crota's End was pretty good about this. KF Totems is real boring. And then there's Oryx which is just... guhhhhh.

Yup, I agree with allllll you said.

2. He gets progressively harder the more you take him down. Done hastily can cause disaster if theres alotta adds up, and you get overwhelmed, so you need add control in all 3 sections.

Lol yeah it started as a two sentence reply... then I just kept typing.

I really like the ideas you've listed here. Sounds dynamic with an escalating challenge that can still be beaten quickly once mastered. You also bring up a great point about add control that made me realize how poorly implemented it is in KF. Clearing adds and damaging bosses are almost totally isolated.

Compare that to Templar which was so brilliant about letting teams find their own balance between the two. Better team? Risk = Block his teleports and deal with Minotaurs on top of Harpies, Reward = faster clear and more ass! Worse team? Constant add control, many teleports, slow but reliable clear.

todd360

I'm going to get the Hunter and titan trophy so I can be a true guardian lord again after killing hard mode oryx on tuesday. Rngesus allowing of course. This light level system is kinda flawed in the end game you guys. I was all about it until recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom