• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's reset day and all and this is destiny board but the halo 5 hype is getting to me. Been watching some multilayer videos and the game looks and plays so smooth! I might be be picking it up after work today....

Plus it will give me a chance to finally use my xb1 that I haven't used in months lol.

noomi

Even though they increased the drop rate for better quality rewards, I haven't had anything worth the trouble for a few weeks.

If there was an XP/Rep buff I would be more inclined to run them, but as it stands now... it's not really worth my time to run them.

Unless there is a nightfall that has strike specific loot in it, I'm opting out for the time being.

Not salty or anything, I just don't feel like running them anymore.

I have killed Oryx HM 3 times with this strategy already. I'm just saying the effort it took to accomplish that wasn't worth it. I even did it as low as LL 304. I sat for hours frustrated as I watched people make the silliest of mistakes while I was playing the squishiest classes at the lowest light possible and hardly messing up. Yes, the strategy is simple, but when people die to the dumbest things like the "running-around-phase", random Ogre blasts, or a pair of Titans aren't communicating when to switch off putting up Blessing of Light you won't get the kill.
I killed HM Oryx twice last night with my normal raid group after spending hours wiping earlier. First run was #teamfirsttry and second run only had one wipe on last phase.

Honestly, Titan bubbles are not needed on top of the daughters platform. People just need to be more careful when shooting ogres and back off when getting hit. You don't even need to do much damage to them before Oryx's chest opens.

IMO, daughters is harder than Oryx using this strat.

Even though they increased the drop rate for better quality rewards, I haven't had anything worth the trouble for a few weeks.

If there was an XP/Rep buff I would be more inclined to run them, but as it stands now... it's not really worth my time to run them.

Unless there is a nightfall that has strike specific loot in it, I'm opting out for the time being.

Not salty or anything, I just don't feel like running them anymore.

but the strange coins

and shit

I feel ya

HM isn't rewarding enough

Nightfall is neutered

An odd conundrum.

noomi

I have killed Oryx HM 3 times with this strategy already. I'm just saying the effort it took to accomplish that wasn't worth it. I even did it as low as LL 304. I sat for hours frustrated as I watched people make the silliest of mistakes while I was playing the squishiest classes at the lowest light possible and hardly messing up. Yes, the strategy is simple, but when people die to the dumbest things like the "running-around-phase", random Ogre blasts, or a pair of Titans aren't communicating when to switch off putting up Blessing of Light you won't get the kill.

This was the strat my team was using to beat Oryx, we must have done 6 or 7 clears between all of us. It works, but everyone has to be on their A game and communicate through the run.

This isn't be any means an "easy mode strat", just an effective one, if done properly. Not everyone will be able to pull it off, HM Oryx is still a hard fight until people get their LL into 315+.

That being said, it took us many hours of wipes to get everything down pat. Once it all clicked though, and everyone was comfortable in their positions it worked every single time.

Number45

If anyone wants to do the Traveler stolen rune quest, I'm at CoO with 7 charged stolen runes. I also need the bounty to do an antiquated in under 2 minutes if anyone has one charged (I don't seem to have one at all).

If anyone wants to do the Traveler stolen rune quest, I'm at CoO with 7 charged stolen runes. I also need the bounty to do an antiquated in under 2 minutes if anyone has one charged (I don't seem to have one at all).
I can help with the tier 3 if you need.

What is it this week, anyway?

Edit: double posted from the rafters.

Jabronium

Another NTTE question...how far in the chain do you have to be for it to stay open to be done another day? Minotaur step, or further along?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This was the strat my team was using to beat Oryx, we must have done 6 or 7 clears between all of us. It works, but everyone has to be on their A game and communicate through the run.

This isn't be any means an "easy mode strat", just an effective one, if done properly. Not everyone will be able to pull it off, HM Oryx is still a hard fight until people get their LL into 315+.

That being said, it took us many hours of wipes to get everything down pat. Once it all clicked though, and everyone was comfortable in their positions it worked every single time.

Well any method would work every time if you practiced with the same team for a few hours :p

I find the alt method easiest with ppl who haven't done it yet and/or low light people. Just make sure they are warlocks haha

LiK

So anyone up for doing two HM oryx fights? Just Oryx. I got the checkpoint. Just want to get the raid runs done with for the week.

i'll help if I can get over 310 from doing fresh raids this week. not going back to him until then. wanna be as less squishy as possible.

With the 10 possible LL rolls per drop, that has already increased the Raid loot table odds by a huge factor, the idea that, "nothing" is a drop in the table is fucking mind blowing. I don't even see it getting any reddit rage or anything. Maybe not enough people have ran HM yet to realize how awful that is. The two shards for twenty in NM and the nothing drops in both need to be removed asap. There is prolonging your end game with cheap shit, and there is making your endgame pointless with cheap shit. They have crossed the line into the latter.

noomi

Well any method would work every time if you practiced with the same team for a few hours :p

I find the alt method easiest with ppl who haven't done it yet and/or low light people. Just make sure they are warlocks haha

Self rez for dayyyyyzzzz

E92 M3

With the 10 possible LL rolls per drop, that has already increased the Raid loot table odds by a huge factor, the idea that, "nothing" is a drop in the table is fucking mind blowing. I don't even see it getting any reddit rage or anything. Maybe not enough people have ran HM yet to realize how awful that is. The two shards for twenty in NM and the nothing drops in both need to be removed asap. There is prolonging your end game with cheap shit, and there is making your endgame pointless with cheap shit. They have crossed the line into the latter.

I agree, having nothing as a boss drop is horse shit. Also, I am convinced that not doing normal before has a chance to glitch the drops. I know many here say it doesn't, but there is something going.

Most importantly, no there should ALWAYS be a reward.

Man, I probably wasted money buying Halo 5 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom