• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
#AscendantShaderClub

ux9a7oe.png

Also, Drizzay, I figured out the theme for King's Fall. It's said outright in the trailer: Rise.

"Six of you must rise, and stand together as the King falls."

In two ways. One: You must become Ascendant to enter the Raid. And two: every transition point has you rise (and if you do go down, you come back up). And the Brands for the last two fights are up in the air.

Not sure if you're still around but had a bunch of thoughts on your earlier posts. On just the theme, I think Rise or something similar is as good a possibility as anything. Unstable has been pitching "Ascension" or "Ascent" for a few weeks, as a counterpoint to VoG's Descent. Only problem is it doesn't work at all for the raid.

CoO opening is flat and ends with a portal. Hive ships is flat and ends with an enclosed elevator that technically ascends but might as well be another portal since you can't see anything. Totems-Warpriest is flat and ends with ANOTHER PORTAL. Golgoroth's Cellar, Golgoroth and short transition afterwards are all flat. Pistons' exit is at the same height as the entrance. Climb before Daughters/Oryx is waaay too short (and enclosed, again) to convey a feeling of rising through space.

Mechanically it's incredibly thin as well. Outside of Daughter-Oryx platform running I can't think of a single thing remotely related. Also becoming Ascendant was during story missions, not part of the raid itself. It doesn't work as part of KF's design theme, it's not incorporated into any aspect.

Ultimately I don't think there is a theme. Or more likely there was but it didn't hold together and was abandoned. Otherwise I don't know why the raid theme was openly promoted during Crota's End but (apparently) kept top secret for King's Fall. VoG feels like the product of a small team, working in isolation to realize a cohesive and creatively inspired vision. KF feels like too many cooks in the kitchen as a necessity for realizing the "Biggest Destiny Raid Yet." Different teams made different parts which were stitched together at the end, but the seams are showing everywhere.

Owensboro

Looking for 1 more for a fresh King's Fall Normal raid! Last week we managed to kill everything up to Oryx, but couldn't take him down. This week we want to get that far and crush him.

Don't think we're going to clear the whole thing tonight, but it's worth a shot!

One spot open. No experience necessary. We'd like at least a 290 though!

See? Ghosts over 310 can drop from Oryx. Fig even got a 315 ghost from Oryx last week.

I'm not sure why/if there's still confusion on this. Of course >310 ghosts can drop from Oryx. The problem is that Ghosts below 310 can drop as your HM Oryx reward. It's the only reasonable explanation for why people like Ruthless can get all sub-310 drops. The guaranteed "shard" drop table includes all HM loot but since there's no Harrowed shell it seems they didn't differentiate based on light level.

Owensboro

Repost for new page!

Looking for 1 more for a fresh King's Fall Normal raid! Last week we managed to kill everything up to Oryx, but couldn't take him down. This week we want to get that far and crush him.

Don't think we're going to clear the whole thing tonight, but it's worth a shot!

1. TomwaslikeXD
2. OwensboroEsq
3. LtRhyno
4. Xeyark
5. Nexcay
6. <------- You!

I'm not sure why/if there's still confusion on this. Of course >310 ghosts can drop from Oryx. The problem is that Ghosts below 310 can drop as your HM Oryx reward. It's the only reasonable explanation for why people like Ruthless can get all sub-310 drops. The guaranteed "shard" drop table includes all HM loot but since there's no Harrowed shell it seems they didn't differentiate based on light level.

I think it's just loot table confusion.

Oryx drops a guaranteed HM item. This probably includes shards and runes. His regular table is still weapons+helmets.

This is doubled up by NM shard redemption and normal weapons/helmets. I dunno, but Oryx has given me HM stuff consistently.

loki 16

Repost for new page!

1. TomwaslikeXD
2. OwensboroEsq
3. LtRhyno
4. Xeyark
5. Nexcay
6. <------- You!

I can help PSN futbol_dude77

Namikaze1

I'm referring to these posts where you said you can only get sub-310 ghost when you actually can get 310+ ghosts:

Talking about Oryx drops. You can get only a sub-310 Ghost from HM Oryx.

Every loot drop has the chance to roll certain items. Totems has a roll for Fusion and the Ghost, on NM and HM. You can get "lucky" but getting both drops in one clear. Since HM gives your NM loot as well you can get both drops from both NM and HM.

Same reason you could get two exotics from HM Atheon but it had to be Mythoclast and a non-Vex weapon. There was a separate roll for the Vex and the exotic weapon, so you could hit both of those rolls in one clear.

It's not a "Harrowed Kingslayer Shell." There are 310-320 Ghosts but there's no HM specific version of the Ghost. Which seems to be an issue that glitches out the guaranteed drop from HM Oryx, hence why people can get only a sub-310 Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom