• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajj316

Have 3 for HM raid, looking for 3 more and preferably with a totem checkpoint. I'm 305 but awesome :p. Others are higher level.

1. sajj316
2. jrocca_42
3. sephi22

Namikaze1

I'm assuming this vague insult post is directed at me. If so, you need to read more carefully. Look again at my original posts. The language is "can get only a <310 Ghost from Oryx" which is a different meaning than "can only get a <310 Ghost from Oryx."

There's no back tracking involved. Apparently you needed a lot of clarification on this issue but now you're just being weird. Let's drop it already.
What the hell are you talking about? My post wasn't directed at you at all. I was referring to something I was doing in another game.

Messiek

Nice Bungie. Feels good to do hard mode and get nothing that gets me a little higher on light level.

At least I can play other things now... It's a new mechanic Destiny implemented to stop addiction.

Sadly my groups are never as pro mode as your reset shenanigan group, so I just feel deflated and fatigued after the main run, but even if it took an hour to clear them I would still feel like I'm sort of wasting my time as the rewards just don't feel... rewarding.

What really makes it tiring for me is that these encounters feel so linear and repetitive. After a while I feel like a robot programmed to do the same thing over and over. I don't know, maybe the other raids were like that and I'm just not remembering them but KF just feels like a chore.

Calling our reset groups pro mode Kappa :) But seriously this raid more than others really benefits from a regular team. It's just too painful to get bogged down on any fight, since it's a long raid by default.

There's no question KF is the most repetitive and restricted raid. This fact becomes readily apparent when running it every week with the same team. The level of detail to which we've assigned our roles during each fight is stupid. Same people go left/right at Totems, left/right/middle at Warpriest and I grab brand, same gaze pullers/DPS at Golgi, same platforms and runners at Daughters/Oryx. Just the most efficient way to do it and changing roles wouldn't change the experience. Going right at Totems isn't "A Whole New World!"

Confluxacles are very repetitive but at least you have free movement to run around the entire arena and mix things up. KF constantly has you glued in place to a Totem, or a sync plate or an Aura. Ugghhhhh. Seriously, it's the worst part of the design. I like relic running on Oryx just so I don't fall asleep.

Bogeypop

I signed up for the battle-born alpha/beta for PS4, and may have just finished installing the client. if i was in the alpha, which i neither confirm nor deny

Yeah a few people in the "Born in Battle" thread just mentioned getting a PS4 and Xbone code. I think it's still not too late to sign-up for a key before Thursday. They're probably being more generous with keys/access than Overwatch since they were pretty much getting next to zero coverage today with Overwatch streams overshadowing their own official streams.

The more DGAF'rs to play with the merrier https://rsvp.battleborn.com/

What the hell are you talking about? My post wasn't directed at you at all. I was referring to something I was doing in another game.

.....I can't tell if you're just trolling now. Why would you post it in the Destiny OT right when it would be a relevant response to how you felt about my previous post? Anyway, last post from me about this.

Kyoufu

Calling our reset groups pro mode Kappa :) But seriously this raid more than others really benefits from a regular team. It's just too painful to get bogged down on any fight, since it's a long raid by default.

There's no question KF is the most repetitive and restricted raid. This fact becomes readily apparent when running it every week with the same team. The level of detail to which we've assigned our roles during each fight is stupid. Same people go left/right at Totems, left/right/middle at Warpriest and I grab brand, same gaze pullers/DPS at Golgi, same platforms and runners at Daughters/Oryx. Just the most efficient way to do it and changing roles wouldn't change the experience. Going right at Totems isn't "A Whole New World!"

Confluxacles are very repetitive but at least you have free movement to run around the entire arena and mix things up. KF constantly has you glued in place to a Totem, or a sync plate or an Aura. Ugghhhhh. Seriously, it's the worst part of the design. I like relic running on Oryx just so I don't fall asleep.

Exactly. In KF I'm hugging the same damn spot every single time. It's so samey.

On Confluxacles I have the freedom to move around and breathe a little, whereas in KF, if I'm not at a designated spot doing a certain thing then it's a wipe.

Let me breathe, Luke.

Rogue_Glory

Neo Member
.....I can't tell if you're just trolling now. Why would you post it in the Destiny OT right when it would be a relevant response to how you felt about my previous post? Anyway, last post from me about this.

Vietnami is going through some stuff right now. Pls forgive him.

Zocano

They need a better solution or choice than "stand here" for a mechanic. Something to give to more than just one person.

This is why the golgoroth fight is great. Best "boss" encounter in the game

I've only run the Raid a few times, but I get it. I have mixed things up because I have run with different groups each time, but it is still a paint-by-numbers experience.

I am glad they are moving away from straight DPS bosses, but this just feels a bit too restrictive. Like you are moving down an assembly line to do a specific thing and move on.

KF is still fun to me, and more so than Crota, but it just goes to show how brilliant VoG was designed all around.

Edit: mobile typing errors.

Namikaze1

Why would someone post about an alpha for another game in a Destiny OT? Why would someone discuss Bloodborne/Batman/Halo/etc in the Destiny OT?

I made a simple post that conveyed how I was feeling playing a four year old game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom