• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god at this Imprection quest, you have to get 7 precision kill AND a precision killstreak? Are you even serious
Killstreak can be done in PvE. Load up the warmind (rasputin) mission and kill thralls.

The 7 precision kills in PvP does suck. I suggest doing classic 6v6 or find someone to boost with.

shermas

I'm capped on marks. Again. I guess I can buy the Y2 Bad Juju... don't have that yet and the last two purples I've purchased from Rahool rolled out at 270-something (I was over 300 when I bought them).

Marks and glimmer for days... I wish we could buy some useful stuff with them.

MrDaravon

Precision killstreak is PvE, I think. The 7 crucible headshots was kind of ridiculous, though.

Oh I slightly misread it, it's 7 kill sprees and one crucible precision kill spree. I'm guessing the 7 kill sprees can be in PvE?

Still ridiculous though, especially considering how shit this gun is. Gonna have to find a group for this one fam lol

Deku Tree

why the hell would anyone assume bungie would have trials drop 330 gear based off their weekly update?

why the hell would trials drop 330 gear anyway?

that would be as bad as having a guaranteed 320 piece of gear obtainable from trials.

that would be a giant slap to the face for pve players.

it's already bad enough for pvp players to have modes that take levels into account - this was bungie's half-assed way to keep players from not using superior guns from older content.

also, why should gear drop at a guranteed 320 for trials? i disagree with that entirely for three reasons:

1) levels and light, in the end, don't matter at all in pvp unless bungie forces it for their half-assed reason i've stated above - to keep players from using older and superior guns.

2) trials is the equivalent of the current hm raid based on bungie's stance. considering level actually matters in pve, it makes no sense for players to get a huge leap in pve content by doing the most difficult pvp stuff for guaranteed 320 gear/chance at 330 gear.

3) there's a separation of concerns that's being adhered and when bullshit happens that mixes the two together, you get problems and frustrated players who get screwed over. furthermore, bungie already dug themselves in a hole by making level matter sometimes in pvp when pvp is a shit way to get light levels to begin with.

nobody cares if getting a flawless in trials is harder than hm kf. pvp is not pve and vice versa.

I agree with you. I can also see bungie giving a guaranteed 320 piece from flawless trials. Then they let PvE players be salty for two weeks.

Then they try to redeem themselves when challenge mode KF gives a guaranteed 320 piece when you beat the hard mode challenge.

Just a guess.

PuMa

My current loadout is:

Pulses:
  • Lyudmilla-D with Army of One/CounterBalance/Injection Mold
  • Lyudmilla-D with Headseeker/Zen Moment/Hand-Laid Stock
  • Herja-D with with Army of One/CounterBalance/Injection Mold
  • Apple of Discord with Headseeker/Feeding Frenzy/Fitted Stock
  • SUROS PDX-45 with Hammer Forged/ Counterbalance/Rifled Barrel
  • Hawksaw with Fitted Stock/Outlaw/Single Point Sling

• milla-D NEEDS counterbalance, and you have injection mold. That one is a keeper.

MrDaravon

Killstreak can be done in PvE. Load up the warmind (rasputin) mission and kill thralls.

The 7 precision kills in PvP does suck. I suggest doing classic 6v6 or find someone to boost with.

For the crucible part, it doesn't have to be in a row. Just 7 precision kills. Can't remember if it's from a single game or not

Okay now I'm confused, unless I'm on a different part of the quest? Right now I have:

-Infuse the Weapon
-Seven Kill Sprees
-Crucible Precision Kill Spree

Is it worded poorly or something?

I don't think you know what rival means.

"to compete with in rivalry : strive to win from, equal, or outdo." (for those that don't know what outdo means, 'be more successful than.)

It literally can mean to equal or better. Which is exactly why I read it one way and other did the other way. It can mean two different things, which in this case can mean equal 320 or be higher than 320. Is this the first word you guys have come across that has more than one definition? You have to read all those usages when googling a word. The first one is not the sole usage. You want to have fun, google "literally" one definition of literally is literally the opposite of the definition of literally. I think I just do too many crossword puzzles and know lots of bullshit alternative usage of otherwise banal words.

Don't worry, just Bungie using a poor choice of words in BWU. 320 is likely the max.

Thanks for the laugh. Real good shit here. Seriously, don't belittle other members of the community. It reflects really poorly on you.

the concept of "pve players" being slapped in the face if Trials gear is 320 doesn't make sense to me.

A "pve player" is someone who isn't good or doesn't play pvp, right?

So because you aren't good or don't play something, others shouldn't be rewarded because they do?

And arguing that LL doesn't matter in PVP so they shouldn't get high light gear is absurd. There's no such thing as a "pvp player". There is 0 people who play PVP and only PVP and compete at a high level. You need to play PVE to earn weapons and armor.

It's only a slap in the face because Trials players will be rewarded more for their effort than people doing KF. If KF HM guaranteed 320 gear, of course it wouldn't be a slap in the face. It would be fair.

flkraven

Did they explicitly say that 'rivals' was in regards to light level? Because they could have also meant that it rivals it with regards to stats, perks, etc.

Tovarisc

Dat raid LMG that I managed to score earlier this week <3
CSk0bZ5UwAE6D81.jpg:orig

PuMa

Did they explicitly say that 'rivals' was in regards to light level? Because they could have also meant that it rivals it with regards to stats, perks, etc.

I think we should just forget this whole "rivals" thing and wait a few hours to see what the rewards are.
;-p

Deej almost never explicitly says anything in these updates. Most of the time it's probably because he's not in a position to know.

zewone

It's only a slap in the face because Trials players will be rewarded more for their effort than people doing KF. If KF HM guaranteed 320 gear, of course it wouldn't be a slap in the face. It would be fair.
Again, I'd argue that getting to the lighthouse is more difficult so a guaranteed drop doesn't bother me. I'm all for HM dropping a guaranteed 320 item at Oryx though.

The perks on the raid gear is pretty trash and pertains to the raid. All the other perks can be found on any piece of legendary gear, so it's 99.9% referring to the light level.

Deku Tree

the concept of "pve players" being slapped in the face if Trials gear is 320 doesn't make sense to me.

So because you aren't good or don't play something, others shouldn't be rewarded because they do?

And arguing that LL doesn't matter in PVP so they shouldn't get high light gear is absurd. There's no such thing as a "pvp player". There is 0 people who play PVP and only PVP and compete at a high level. You need to play PVE to earn weapons and armor.

Yes, but there are a lot of people who play the bare minimum PvE to gear up, and then only play PvE afterwards. Most of these people would never play any PvE if they could get all the gear they needed from crucible.

I personally think 320 is going to be a stupid goal to chase anyway. 300-320 It doesn't matter much in IB or trials. And 313-320 doesn't matter much in HM KF even at Oryx now. And whenever they raise power levels again it's going to be made really easy to get to the new base level.

I believe the LH will give out as they said "the same level rewards as KF HM" which sounds like an RNG 310-320 piece.

Afrocious

A "pve player" is someone who exclusively plays pve stuff or prefers it to pvp. People do this in games where both coexist. You also have people who try to be the best at both, but again that's not all people.

Who said anything about not being rewarded? Besides, wouldn't the reward for trials be both great PvP gear (kind of assuming Trials will drop good pvp gear to begin with since it did before) and getting to Mercury?

Which is a shame considering pvp offers no way to progress by itself considering one could ignore pvp entirely in Destiny and be fine.

Yes, it can mean two different things. I'm pretty sure everyone in here knows the two meanings. It's not like it's an uncommon word. The fact you thought it was that meaning and not the other is crazy to me.

I also know what literally means. I don't do loads of crosswords, but I do have an English degree.

I am crazy for reading a sentence in a completely valid way? Ok. That is an absurd conclusion. This is Bungie we are talking about here, not law code. They have ranged from intentionally obtuse to frustratingly vague since day one. We have also see weird LL jumps in the armory a few times since TTK, from 300 to 330 then back to 320 and then there was some other anomaly based on a Reddit post late last week. I guess I don't have as much faith in them not to do something as silly as raising the LL again with ToO. I agree now, that is very likely we will only see 320 max from ToO. But when I read the BWU yesterday, without referencing GAF, that was the interpretation I had and it is just as valid as any other.

X-Frame

I really had hoped that Twilight Garrison and Dunemarchers would be available before Trials started.

Titans really don't have any real powerful exotics in Year 2.

Apparently Warlocks also have some powerful PvP exotics on the back burner as well, not sure about for Hunters.

flkraven

\
The perks on the raid gear is pretty trash and pertains to the raid. All the other perks can be found on any piece of legendary gear, so it's 99.9% referring to the light level.

Raid gear in general is 90% trash. I would assume trials players would prefer 300-310 gear with sick pvp rolls/perks rather than 310-320 gear with raid-like perks.

lt519

Those bounties are interesting. It basically just means play trials and you will get a gold package which I assume will lead to a 310-320 drop. This may be a good alternative to waiting for Oryx to drop a 310+ primary. Three characters with three shots at a 310+ weapon just by playing for a couple hours, no skill required.

Silver package may even drop 310+ gear. It seems they'd break the spirit of the HM raid if it were this easy to get 310+ gear considering you only have to be light level 290 to enter, lose 20 games, but manage to get 70 kills along the way then get a free roll at 310+ gear. Maybe it's just tied to light house or 8 win cards. You wouldn't even need carries, you could be the worst PvP players ever and still get those packages. We shall see.

Edit: Wow going to be raining legendary marks too

stb

If you're suggesting I should start drinking earlier than I agree. I was ON POINT at the Warpriest.

Fair point.

Also, congrats on the name change. Now I can mark that part of my brain that mapped "schwagger15" to "spyder_ur" to be overwritten.

Okay now I'm confused, unless I'm on a different part of the quest? Right now I have:

-Infuse the Weapon
-Seven Kill Sprees
-Crucible Precision Kill Spree

Is it worded poorly or something?
People get really confused by this, but I didn't think it was worded poorly.
Anyways-
1. Kill 7 people in pvp with head shots using the gun during a match.
2. Get 7 quick precision skills in a row. This is difficult because you can't reload the gun, but the gun only has 6 rounds. You need to land each shot so triple tap will activate and give you an extra bullet.

Mupod

I've cleared hard mode KF 6 times and highest I've found is a 319, just sayin'. Trials should definitely award up to 320. There should always be a route to max level in both PVE and PVP if a player only does one thing. But if they start putting guaranteed 320s for Mercury runs then they should add a guaranteed 320 to Oryx. Why the fuck they haven't done the latter from the start is beyond me though.

zewone

Who said anything about not being rewarded? Besides, wouldn't the reward for trials be both great PvP gear (kind of assuming Trials will drop good pvp gear to begin with since it did before) and getting to Mercury?

If people are upset that Trials offers 320 gear, that doesn't make sense to me.

You, me, and anyone else has the exact same opportunity to get to the lighthouse and get that 320 drop. We as players should be happy there is alternate opportunities to get to the max light level.

Thanks for the laugh. Real good shit here. Seriously, don't belittle other members of the community. It reflects really poorly on you.

What are you talking about? I did not start the, "you don't understand english" accusation. I just copied and pasted a dictionary definition. Do I not get the same consideration when someone belittles me?

Afrocious

I really had hoped that Twilight Garrison and Dunemarchers would be available before Trials started.

Titans really don't have any real powerful exotics in Year 2.

Apparently Warlocks also have some powerful PvP exotics on the back burner as well, not sure about for Hunters.

hunters got golden gun and bladedancer. they don't need pvp exotics.

but dont mind me, im prone to being salty as fuck

I've cleared hard mode KF 6 times and highest I've found is a 319, just sayin'. Trials should definitely award up to 320. There should always be a route to max level in both PVE and PVP if a player only does one thing. But if they start putting guaranteed 320s for Mercury runs then they should add a guaranteed 320 to Oryx. Why the fuck they haven't done the latter from the start is beyond me though.

They haven't done it because they have to draw out KF for an entire year.

I am crazy for reading a sentence in a completely valid way? Ok. That is an absurd conclusion. This is Bungie we are talking about here, not law code. They have ranged from intentionally obtuse to frustratingly vague since day one. We have also see weird LL jumps in the armory a few times since TTK, from 300 to 330 then back to 320 and then there was some other anomaly based on a Reddit post late last week. I guess I don't have as much faith in them not to do something as silly as raising the LL again with ToO. I agree now, that is very likely we will only see 320 max from ToO. But when I read the BWU yesterday, without referencing GAF, that was the interpretation I had and it is just as valid as any other.

Now I'm being absurd? You were wrong. Just let it go.

zewone

2. Get 7 quick precision skills in a row. This is difficult because you can't reload the gun, but the gun only has 6 rounds. You need to land each shot so triple tap will activate and give you an extra bullet.

I found out that hard way that they don't need to all be precision kills.

Just get Triple Tap to activate once (with precision kills) and you can do body shots kills as well.

stb

I have a theory that Deej is actually a genius and deliberately words things with juuuuuust enough ambiguity to cause conflict like this. He's too good, and consistent, at it for there to be any other explanation.

Afrocious

If people are upset that Trials offers 320 gear, that doesn't make sense to me.

You, me, and anyone else has the exact same opportunity to get to the lighthouse and get that 320 drop. We as players should be happy there is alternate opportunities to get to the max light level.

Oh trust me, I want Bungie to have ways to get to 40 and increase light level at a consistent basis exclusively using PvP. However, if Trials ends up dropping guaranteed 320 gear somehow, it would throw progression out of wack since there's currently no way of getting guaranteed 320 gear only doing PvE.

I have a theory that Deej is actually a genius and deliberately words things with juuuuuust enough ambiguity to cause conflict like this. He's too good, and consistent, at it for there to be any other explanation.

deej's updates annoy the hell out of me. he uses purple prose in weekly updates and ends up saying little. this is deliberate, and the fact that it is pisses me off.

say what you will about bioware and SWTOR, but their updates were direct and to the point. sometimes the writers would have Star Wars-related flavored write-ups that gave sometimes hilarious in-universe reasons why updates had to happen. for example, if the price of some item went down, you'd get the official reason why it went down as well as some text saying HUGE MINING DEPOSIT FOUND ON CZERKA CORP MINES - REDUCING PRICES OF (x-item) BY (y-amount).

X-Frame

Raid gear in general is 90% trash. I would assume trials players would prefer 300-310 gear with sick pvp rolls/perks rather than 310-320 gear with raid-like perks.

I am infusing every raid gear piece I get into my Vanguard/Crucible dropped Legendary gear with ideal or near ideal perks. Increased Sniper Ammo, Pulse/Scout Reloader, all INT / DISC, etc.

This makes them perfect for PvP and PvE. Plus, I just don't like the look of the Titan raid gear and find the Vanguard/Crucible set a lot more appealing.

What are you talking about? I did not start the, "you don't understand english" accusation. I just copied and pasted a dictionary definition. Do I not get the same consideration when someone belittles me?

It was more your patronizing attitude over such a trivial thing. I apologize if I offended you, though. I just think you're making a way bigger deal out of something than it needs to be.

Now I'm being absurd? You were wrong. Just let it go.

What am I wrong about again? I have said multiple times I now agree that we are very likely going to see 320, but you still insist I am making up this imaginary definition of rival when I have copied and pasted direct from dictionaries. You really want me to say I am wrong about knowing that rival has multiple uses, of which one includes being better than? That is absolutely absurd. I can't change the definition of a word so you can win.

zewone

Oh trust me, I want Bungie to have ways to get to 40 and increase light level at a consistent basis exclusively using PvP. However, if Trials ends up dropping guaranteed 320 gear somehow, it would throw progression out of wack since there's currently no way of getting guaranteed 320 gear only doing PvE.

But we all want guaranteed 320 gear, right? This would be a positive if Trials offered it.

And sure you can say, "Well, KF HM doesn't guarantee 320", but it should. So if they got half of the end game right, we shouldn't be salty that they didn't do the fucked up RNG for both avenues of the end game.

flkraven

Even if it's less extreme than that it's still unfair. If you can get a guaranteed 310-320 primary weapon from Trials, than that makes the PvP/PvE balance skewed disproportionately.

E92 M3

Even if it's less extreme than that it's still unfair. If you can get a guaranteed 310-320 primary weapon from Trials, than that makes the PvP/PvE balance skewed disproportionately.

I have a feeling that trials will be a great source of infusion fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom