• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osiris Shards, you need 10 to open the chest and sometimes it gives you 2 in return. Just like HM Oryx right?
Kappa.png

LOL dammit Robinson! Stop giving Luke ideas!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm in the same boat. For collectors sake I still need that gun. Zero other reason to waste the coins on legacy engrams though. I don't think I'm going to bother.

Going for another NM on Kingsfall later. Want in?

Really wish for a year two version of this gun. So superior to 4th Horseman

Never used it but couldn't stand 4th Horseman. Got a 310 drop last week and infused it so quick.

Maybe I missed the outrage when the BWU was first posted, but I feel like it is pretty big slap in the face to not only have ToO provide a direct path to 320, ToO is going to be dropping possibly 330 gear and meanwhile the HM raid loot table is a pile of shit. If PvP wasn't so garbage in Destiny maybe I could stomach it, but doing things like IB and ToO are the worst "quest" in the game.

Haybro

I'm torn on using Y2 ahamkaras spine with double trip mine and pulse rifle reload OR Alpha lupi with increase sniper ammo and increase armor on a solar subclass for trials.

Maybe I missed the outrage when the BWU was first posted, but I feel like it is pretty big slap in the face to not only have ToO provide a direct path to 320, ToO is going to be dropping possibly 330 gear and meanwhile the HM raid loot table is a pile of shit. If PvP was so garbage in Destiny maybe I could stomach it, but doing things like IB and ToO are the worst "quest" in the game.

The BWU never explicitly said this. We still don't know what the big chest has in it or the light level of rewards.

Idk where you got the 330 gear from.

spyder_ur

Sounds like you just get the Silver package after the 6th win, instead of going back to the reef and turning it in, then you get the Gold package after the 8th win. Those are also unlocked back at the reef if you want to buy more from BV just like they used to be after picking up the package.

That would make sense - just saving trips. I would guess that the dropped armor is like the Watchers sets previously and would be at a lower light (possibly variable). That's the Blindsight armor from here.

Hudson - you around for some scrub matches this weekend?

Edit: Hey my username change went through!

So wtf is at the lighthouse then? an exotic drop and maybe 320 gear? if I can just get the gear and infuse them I'm set. Will play trials for the sets and be done with it.
The adept weapons will all have Last Resort for free (a third perk) along with the one fixed and one random perk the regular Trials weapons have.

For Trials, is it more important my boots have the proper stats split or secondary/heavy ammo perk?

I'm going to be a Sunbreaker with a focus on INT/DISC.

I have the choice between INT/DISC boots with Sidearm/HMG and INT/STR with Sniper/Rockets.

(other things to note, my other armor pieces are all INT/DISC and my chest has increased sniper already)

For Trials, is it more important my boots have the proper stats split or secondary/heavy ammo perk?

I have the choice between INT/DISC boots with Sidearm/HMG and INT/STR with Sniper/Rockets.

(other things to note, my other armor pieces are all INT/DISC and my chest has increased sniper already)

Rockets perk. You'll never pick up enough special or need it for a special perk to be worthwhile.

milkham

Do you spawn with more sniper ammo if you double up on sniper perks? If so I'd go with that.

When asked if they ever thought about locking out 9-0 winning toons from Trials to make it fair for other players that haven't been there:
So basically, git gud :) It might be harder to carry but I guess we'll see how it actually plays out.

So, basically just go Sunbreaker right? Kappa

It's not for everyone but everyone should play? Um, ok?

Not all MLG grade teams will want to sit on 9+ win cards and keep having sweaty matches (though some probably will.) More of them will be resetting their cards every time and working their way back up.

But Commish says this isn't a game for min/maxing!

spyder_ur

Maybe I missed the outrage when the BWU was first posted, but I feel like it is pretty big slap in the face to not only have ToO provide a direct path to 320, ToO is going to be dropping possibly 330 gear and meanwhile the HM raid loot table is a pile of shit. If PvP was so garbage in Destiny maybe I could stomach it, but doing things like IB and ToO are the worst "quest" in the game.

I think we can wait until we see it first - don't you? And did I miss something about 330 gear? It doesn't even explicitly say 320.

Either way, other people like PvP.

The BWU never explicitly said this. We still don't know what the big chest has in it or the light level of rewards.

Idk where you got the 330 gear from.

It said it will rival the LL of HM Raid gear. We have only ever seen 330 numbers bouncing around in the armory, so that seems the likely LL jump. I see ToO gear being 320-330 rolls.

They clearly state it in the BWU.

For those of you who can go the distance, we’ll be dropping endgame gear that will rival the Light of those Guardians who have been defeating Oryx in King’s Fall Hard Mode

I don't see how this could mean anything but 320+ gear.

It said it will rival the LL of HM Raid gear. We have only ever seen 330 numbers bouncing around in the armory, so that seems the likely LL jump. I see ToO gear being 320-330 rolls.

We haven't even seen 330 gear in HM KF yet, or if it really exists it probably does in the challenge modes. Since that isn't even out yet i doubt they would have them show up in ToO first.

zewone

Maybe I missed the outrage when the BWU was first posted, but I feel like it is pretty big slap in the face to not only have ToO provide a direct path to 320, ToO is going to be dropping possibly 330 gear and meanwhile the HM raid loot table is a pile of shit. If PvP wasn't so garbage in Destiny maybe I could stomach it, but doing things like IB and ToO are the worst "quest" in the game.

Why is it a slap in the face? Getting flawless in Trials is harder than beating the hard raid.

That would make sense - just saving trips. I would guess that the dropped armor is like the Watchers sets previously and would be at a lower light (possibly variable). That's the Blindsight armor from here.

Hudson - you around for some scrub matches this weekend?

Edit: Hey my username change went through!

It's been 6 days, 12 hours, and 9 minutes since I've last played Destiny (I thought it was more than 2 weeks until I looked it up). I really do want to give trials a shot this weekend, but real life is catching up and I have a shit ton of stuff to do. Plus Halloween. If I do get on, I'll look for you.

We haven't even seen 330 gear in HM KF yet, or if it really exists it probably does in the challenge modes. Since that isn't even out yet i doubt they would have them show up in ToO first.

So I am confused how ToO gear can rival the LL of KF HM (Bungies own words) and not be above 320? Maybe "rival" was a poor choice of words on their part, but to me that reads that it will be able to drop gear with a LL > 320 which is the KF HM LL

zewone

So I am confused how ToO gear can rival the LL of KF HM (Bungies own words) and not be above 320? Maybe "rival" was a poor choice of words on their part, but to me that reads that it will be able to drop gear with a LL > 320 which is the KF HM LL

Rival is implying it's around the same. Doesn't mean it's higher light.

Trials gear will be somewhere between 310-320.

They clearly state it in the BWU.

I don't see how this could mean anything but 320+ gear.

Huh? Rival suddenly means it'll be better? That just says to me that gear will drop at 310-320. Maybe guaranteed at 320, but 330? Nah way. That's absurd.

zewone

I would argue that being carried to Mercury in Y1 was WAY easier than beating HM KF...
We will have to see about this new version of ToO now. :)

Getting to Mercury in Y1 was harder than beating Skolas.

HM KF isn't even that difficult.

It was on farm status in less than a week.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man still got a few to collect for exotic weapons. Is Jade Rabbit the only exlusive exotic for PS4?

What I need to still get. So much grinding for some of these..

Red Death
Ace of Spades
Fabian Strategy
Tlaloc
The First Curse

Black Spindle
The Chaperone

Dark-Drinker
Bolt-Caster
Raze-Lighter

spyder_ur

Well I'm expecting 310 for the 5-win armor piece, with possibly variable light levels from 310-320 for pieces that either drop from other higher packages or from the lighthouse. And I'm expecting the end of match drops to be lower light level (280-300). Just a guess, but would make sense for the wording they used. Though 'rival' is vague, probably intentionally.

Why is it a slap in the face? Getting flawless in Trials is harder than beating the hard raid.

It is harder for all the wrong reasons. Shit weapons meta, still broken as fuck supers, lag switching everywhere, what I will assume to be still broken MM and of course the fact that KF HM just came out and you not only can get nothing as a drop, you can also get drops at KF NM levels. PvP should be viable for sure, and ToO should me right along side Raid HM, but they stated that the LL of ToO will rival HM KF, and I think that is bullshit. Already chasing new LL numbers. I hate that rat race. I hope I am wrong, and that Bungie being Bungie with intentional vagueness.

spyder_ur

Every time I read this in this thread I die a bit inside.

Look at this guy with his fancy new name...

I'll be around this afternoon, and then probably not again until later tonight.

Yup, finally went through.

Nice, I'll look for you. I'm going to be rocking a 310 Crest I think on my hunter, also with the solar armor boost and an intellect roll.

EL CUCO

Rival is implying it's around the same. Doesn't mean it's higher light.

Trials gear will be somewhere between 310-320.
I'm guessing it'll be random attack/defense levels as well. Dat feel of getting 310 gear for going 9/0 on a super sweaty final boss. I can already taste the salt dripping down my face

zewone

It is harder for all the wrong reasons. Shit weapons meta, still broken as fuck supers, lag switching everywhere, what I will assume to be still broken MM and of course the fact that KF HM just came out and you not only can get nothing as a drop, you can also get drops at KF NM levels. PvP should be viable for sure, and ToO should me right along side Raid HM, but they stated that the LL of ToO will rival HM KF, and I think that is bullshit. Already chasing new LL numbers. I hate that rat race.

Rival doesn't mean higher though. It means it will be 310-320.

I think it's good to have another avenue of getting to 320, especially since HM drop rates are crap.

Shito

You could get carried to Mercury Y1. I suck at PVP and never bothered, but I could have tried getting on a stabie train and easily reach Mercury with little to no effort on my part.
HM KF asks you to be at a respectable light level, and you have to carry your weight.

I stand by my point. :)

It is harder for all the wrong reasons. Shit weapons meta, still broken as fuck supers, lag switching everywhere, what I will assume to be still broken MM and of course the fact that KF HM just came out and you not only can get nothing as a drop, you can also get drops at KF NM levels. PvP should be viable for sure, and ToO should me right along side Raid HM, but they stated that the LL of ToO will rival HM KF, and I think that is bullshit. Already chasing new LL numbers. I hate that rat race.

I'm willing to bet all my destiny characters that the drops will be 310-320 when getting to the lighthouse. Probably 300 gear from brother Vance. Maybe, buy probably not, 300-310 drops from matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom