• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Ugh, I never do that well on Bannerfall, unless I never enter the open area and instead stay in that straight line between spawns.

Mindlog

Chris is going off in Trials.
The streams are a lot more exciting this time around. Hard carries are going to live up to their name.

spyder_ur

My final guesses at light levels:

-5 win package: 310
-End of match random drop's i.e. 'Blindsight' armor: random below 300
-Armor from packages: either set at 310 or 300-310 random
-Lighthouse reward drops: 310-320

I think my guesses here will fairly close to what we're seeing, except the 5 pack is a random roll it seems. That's kind of a bummer - can you still only get one a week per character?

Mupod

Just boot drops so far? Wonder if this will be like IB where only specific things ever drop rather than picking from the whole table.

X-Frame

Are there any Titan streams besides Unstable?

For some reason my shitty office wifi can't stream Unstable without a Low stream quality option (all I get are Auto and Source).

New trials matchmaking is awesome...was 4-0, matched up against a team of 3 red bar laggers. Because prioritizing win ratio is far more important than connection in a competitive mode.

Puttin on my hard hat and heading to the salt mines.

I think my guesses here will fairly close to what we're seeing, except the 5 pack is a random roll it seems. That's kind of a bummer - can you still only get one a week per character?

Didn't the 5 win packages drop above 310 already? Thought that was confirmed, maybe it was bogus info.

KodaRuss

I like Bannerfall. Seems like a good choice for Trials. Not sure if I will do Trials or HM tonight though.

Good Luck to Gaf Trials Teams!

Sane_Man

Well like, this totally depends on what matters to you. What matters to me are the recurring experiences.

The campaign was amazing. But it was a one-time thing. I'm not gonna get hyped about Regicide ever again. It was amazing, but it doesn't really affect the endgame.

The endgame is now one of constant grind and stuttering progression and PvP broken by supers, messed up incentives via quests and thus quitters, and zero progression potential. The Raid is cool, but lacks the aspirational quality. In the jump to Y2, tons of content we used to play was made irrelevant: Nightfalls, VoG, CE, PoE. The weapon balancing made ARs better but they're still not optimal basically anywhere. And HCs are definitely not optimal anywhere. So I suppose it depends on what it is you play the game for.

I don't yearn for HoW because of a specific piece of content added that I liked. There was a mediocre arena (with my favorite boss in the game though) and literally a single Strike. Consuming the content initially was far less satisfying that the TTK campaign and post-campaign was. But once you're done with the checklist and just playing for fun - where we spend the months after the initial weeks? It shone. Everything was viable, you could progress anywhere. It was beautiful.

But I am well aware this is very much a matter of opinion and perspective. I posted some of these thoughts on Reddit. I have posts literally deleted to down votes and other where I've been given Gold and hundreds of ups. What the fuck Reddit Gold is remains a mystery to me btw. It's a weird place.

I missed all you maniacs.

I guess it does just depend on what ticks for you. I completely agree that the changes to economy and especially the weapon parts nerf are insanely annoying, but those things will always remain minor to me when compared with the gameplay content. And I'm fairly confident some of the annoyances (weapon parts nerf, low raid drops, etc) will be remedied eventually, albeit slow as fuck since is Bungie we're dealing with.

The gameplay content in TTK is, in my opinion, by far the best we've had so far. And House of Wolves had my least favourite gameplay content of the vanilla game and the DLC's - by far. The concensus on PoE is that it was poor which I agree with and I think Trials is the worst thing to ever happen to the game, but this again comes down to personal preference. All of the strikes, the quests (albeit with some terrible moments - sword farming), and especially the raid were such a breath of fresh air after HoW. And this is what trivialises most of the annoying aspects of the DLC for me.

The unbalance of guns is not a huge issue for me either. I used to use hand cannons exclusively and now I've switched to pulse rifles and I enjoy the change of pace. It forces me to change up my style, try new things, etc. And maybe one day they'll actually get me to use auto rifles or fusion rifles and I can change my style up again. If the guns were entirely balanced I'd end up sticking to what works and never try my hand at new things. I was horrified by the thought of the Gjallarhorn being nerfed and now I can see that Bungie got it totally right. I'm switching between different exotics for once and enjoying machine guns.

It does all come down to personal preference I think and I can definitely see how frustrating this DLC could be for someone who enjoys certain aspects of the game differently to me. I guess I'm just happy they got the things I love right.

Interesting discussion anyway and I'm glad you're back, dude.

zewone

Auto aim on snipers is so ridiculously broken.

I'm surprised more people don't complain about that.

It's on my top of my list of what's wrong with TTK's PVP.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Auto aim on snipers is so ridiculously broken.

I'm surprised more people don't complain about that.

It's on my top of my list of what's wrong with TTK's PVP.

It really is silly. Makes everyone into an uber sniper. Some of these sniper shots are so "wtf???" But it's the same for everyone, I guess. Just a feature of console FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom