• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

I'll say though it's a huge problem that PvP "balance" is so damn all over the place and they don't experiment with the balance often enough.

zewone

It really is silly. Makes everyone into an uber sniper. Some of these sniper shots are so "wtf???" But it's the same for everyone, I guess. Just a feature of console FPS.
Snipers were perfectly fine prior to 2.0.

Hard shots still required skill and timing (for a console FPS). Now it's a joke. Everyone is a sniping God.
The new guy in charge of PvP really needs to evaluate his decision to change it.

bitsurugi

Flawless got!!!! ^^ A true one 7-0.

Way harder then other times, most teams 1.5-2.0 K/d. Granted it was in the 1st hour and a half from release.

It is sweaty. Hope this won't be every week.

Hour and twenty minutes for a guaranteed 310-320 primary weapon roll with other guaranteed 310-320 (still not confirmed. Someone said they saw 316 boots drop at the 5 win package) armor drops along the way. Why even bother with KF HM at this point.

X-Frame

Snipers were perfectly fine prior to 2.0.

Hard shots still required skill and timing (for a console FPS). Now it's a joke. Everyone is a sniping God.
The new guy in charge of PvP really needs to evaluate his decision to change it.

I'm out of the loop regarding snipers but I remember people saying that after 2.0 all sniper aim assist had been reduced. So it's the opposite actually?

lt519

That's pretty good stuff.

Guaranteed perks?

I think the full auto is. The Auto Rifle seems to have persistence as it's static perk and someone got it with rangefinder.

Hour and twenty minutes for a guaranteed 310-320 primary weapon roll with other guaranteed 310-320 armor drops along the way. Why even bother with KF HM at this point.

Because I won't get past 3 wins as it is looking right now.

So is the Zhalo Supercell worth it having Suros Regime Year 2?

I kinda like having the option to go pseudo scout rifle and full dps with Suros. Aside from the elemental, does it add anything interesting?

Avixph

It really is silly. Makes everyone into an uber sniper. Some of these sniper shots are so "wtf???" But it's the same for everyone, I guess. Just a feature of console FPS.
That's what happens when they tie range and aim assist together. The quest 1k stare is the worst offender along with hereafter and its 80 aim assist.

Deku Tree

Hour and twenty minutes for a guaranteed 310-320 primary weapon roll with other guaranteed 310-320 armor drops along the way. Why even bother with KF HM at this point.

Most people can't roll like you though. And people like PvE raids too.

Also I think Nghtly got one 310+ piece and the rest were below 310. Didn't see him get two guaranteed 310-320.

Calling the lighthouse guaranteed is pushing it, but yeah, it's nice to have more options.

When I say guarnteed, Im talking about the drops, not the completion. Of course getting to the lighthouse is way hard. You can kill HM Oryx without a primary 310-320 drop.

zewone

I'm out of the loop regarding snipers but I remember people saying that after 2.0 all sniper aim assist had been reduced. So it's the opposite actually?

100% the opposite. They changed it so that aim assist is connected to the range perk on a gun now.

The higher the range stat, the stickier the auto aim.

It makes sniping so easy, anyone can do it.

All the god rolls for HoW and the 1000 yard are so easy to use.

The KF raid sniper is aim bots.

Most people can't roll like you though. And people like PvE raids too. I think Nghtly got one 310+ piece and the rest were below 310. Didn't see him get two guaranteed 310-320.

Hahah, I fucking wish. I am average as hell in PvP. Just watching streams. That was an insanely quick get of multiple 310+ gear for every stream I watched.

Side question, when exotics drop in KF HM are they 310+ too?

Avixph

100% the opposite. They changed it so that aim assist is connected to the range perk on a gun now.

The higher the range stat, the stickier the auto aim.

It makes sniping so easy, anyone can do it.

All the god rolls for HoW and the 1000 yard are so easy to use.

The KF raid sniper is aim bots.
To be fair defiance of aimbot and all the other new patience and time style snipers have absurd aim assist levels, even without these changes it would be bad. The change definitely didn't help tho.

GlamFM

Banned
Hour and twenty minutes for a guaranteed 310-320 primary weapon roll with other guaranteed 310-320 (still not confirmed. Someone said they saw 316 boots drop at the 5 win package) armor drops along the way. Why even bother with KF HM at this point.

So roughly the time it takes to complete KF.

I will NEVER get to the lighthouse.

Why even bother with ToO at this point?

MrS

Banned
Im talking about the drops, not the completion. Of course getting to the lighthouse is way hard.
KF HM can be done easily in 90 minutes too. I don't think packages should drop good loot but getting to lighthouse should guarantee one armour drop and one weapon drop between 310 and 320 imo.

ocean

Banned
Im talking about the drops, not the completion. Of course getting to the lighthouse is way hard.
That's the point. King's Fall takes 1-2 hours and completion is basically guaranteed if you're patient.

Trials might take less time but you could literally spend all weekend trying and not make it. If you're super good at PvE, a full KF takes less than an hour. If you're super good at PvP, a passage will take about an hour. It's fairly balanced in terms of effort/reward. Trials is a bit more generous but it's also, broadly speaking, harder.

I also think it's the best thing in the game.

I wanna play a card on Sunday when the tryhard temperature is a bit lower and I won't feel bad for dragging you guys down :)

KF HM can be done easily in 90 minutes too.

But everything but the final chest in ToO is repeatable, no? You only get to do KF HM once a week. We will have to see as everyone starts their second card in ToO, but if the 5 and 7 drops can be 310+. That is a crazy better deal if you can hang in PvP.

zewone

That's the point. King's Fall takes 1-2 hours and completion is basically guaranteed if you're patient.

Trials might take less time but you could literally spend all weekend trying and not make it. If you're super good at PvE, a full KF takes less than an hour. If you're super good at PvP, a passage will take about an hour. It's fairly balanced in terms of effort/reward. Trials is a bit more generous but it's also, broadly speaking, harder.

I wanna play a card on Sunday when the tryhard temperature is a bit lower and I won't feel bad for dragging you guys down :)

Don't talk about Trials being harder than King's Fall. Don't want to bore anyone. /kappa

Navy Bean

Yeah, ToO drops seem fine - KF drops are awful by comparison (because RNG) but that's no reason to nerf ToO.

Top o' page, anyone want to join my Trials team:

519SgXabfLL._SY300_.jpg

zewone

But everything but the final chest in ToO is repeatable, no? You only get to do KF HM once a week. We will have to see as everyone starts their second card in ToO, but if the 5 and 7 drops can be 310+. That is a crazy better deal if you can hang in PvP.

the 300+ trials drops were from the set 5 and 7 wins. You can only do those once a week like the lighthouse chest.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If I hear one more person complain about HM KF loot, or compare ToO to HM KF loot, I might cry irl. I'm getting close.

The amount of people who can steam roll KF HM on Gaf in 90 minutes is probably equal to the amount of people who will get to mercury without breaking a sweat. I would also say the amount of people stuck on oryx in HM will be similar to the people never getting a whiff of mercury. Excellent PvP and PvE players make both events seem easy. I am talking about just how the loot tables compare. So far it seems ToO is looking like a much better route to 320 for those who are good at PvP. That's all.

the 300+ trials drops were from the set 5 and 7 wins. You can only do those once a week like the lighthouse chest.

Ok, didn't know that was built in to ToO. Just saw on the BWU where they said the final chest is once a week per character.

MrS

Banned
Yeah, but PVP is harder because it's dynamic. You're up against teams of increasing quality everytime whereas with KF HM the difficulty is fixed and everybody has a handle on it after a few runs. Once everybody is 315-320, KF will not be tough. A run to Lighthouse is gonna be hard every week and you don't really know what to expect as every match is different.

lt519

If I hear one more person complain about HM KF loot, or compare ToO to HM KF loot, I might cry irl. I'm getting close.

It's getting really annoying. Especially the elitist attitude everyone brings to either side. I got a 320 ghost my first HM drop then a 318 LMG. People get lucky on either side of the equation and some people get unlucky (Wreck just got a 310 Adept Fusion Rifle for ToO). It's a pointless argument and they are fairly equal methods.

Can we all remember that being above 310 does practically nothing for you outside of making Oryx a bit easier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom