• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

BTW DGAF I wanted share with this great community that I proposed to my GF of 5 years last night and she said yes!!!

One of the happiest days of my life! We are aiming for the wedding to be next august or September :)

Yay!! Congrats Nal, that's fantastic news! Here's to many years of happiness to come for the both of you.

Strider

Pretty sure BO3 has proper dedicated servers. They even have detailed pings and stuff.

Really? shiiiit.

I just know in past years everyone always turned out disappointed. It's about time then and maybe there is hope for Destiny after all...

New Trials MM system was a mistake, it's nothing but trash. It takes an already highly competitive mode and strangle-holds it even tighter. It forces people into playing exclusively with their most skilled friends. As if the "elitism/exclusion" issue wasn't bad enough before.

Once you get to 6-7 wins, you know you'll be matched against full sweaty pro teams where the carrying margin for error is razor thin. Often at the expense of reasonable connections with red and yellow bars all over the place. But of course you have to waste an hour+ to even get to that point.

It's simply not fun, the epitome of a "well, it wasn't broken so we 'fixed' it" decision. I have fun playing with many different people of all different skill levels to help them win some matches. Frankly I don't have fun just steam rolling with full teams of high level players, that gets boring quick. Except now they took something already very difficult (carrying) and made it a pain in the neck.

I missed the RNG nature of HoW Mercury runs, where you never knew who'd you face next. Will the Scrub-Lords take pity on us with a scrubby final boss? Or will we have to sweat out all 7 wins? Some flawless runs were a total breeze while some took all the pro mode we could give. Now it's just "okay, we're at 7 wins, prepare for aggravation."

TL;DR: I understand that they wanted to reduce Trials carries. I don't understand why they wanted that.

Agree 150%

Please Luke. I know we bitch and moan ALOT but at least give everyone a CHANCE to enjoy everything Destiny has to offer.

spyder_ur

New Trials MM system was a mistake, it's nothing but trash. It takes an already highly competitive mode and strangle-holds it even tighter. It forces people into playing exclusively with their most skilled friends. As if the "elitism/exclusion" issue wasn't bad enough before.

Once you get to 6-7 wins, you know you'll be matched against full sweaty pro teams where the carrying margin for error is razor thin. Often at the expense of reasonable connections with red and yellow bars all over the place. But of course you have to waste an hour+ to even get to that point.

It's simply not fun, the epitome of a "well, it wasn't broken so we 'fixed' it" decision. I have fun playing with many different people of all different skill levels to help them win some matches. Frankly I don't have fun just steam rolling with full teams of high level players, that gets boring quick. Except now they took something already very difficult (carrying) and made it a pain in the neck.

I missed the RNG nature of HoW Mercury runs, where you never knew who'd you face next. Will the Scrub-Lords take pity on us with a scrubby final boss? Or will we have to sweat out all 7 wins? Some flawless runs were a total breeze while some took all the pro mode we could give. Now it's just "okay, we're at 7 wins, prepare for aggravation."

TL;DR: I understand that they wanted to reduce Trials carries. I don't understand why they wanted that.

I tend to agree, although I like the general concept. It's tough for players like myself, maybe a slightly above average PvPer. I was generally able to get to 5,6,7,8 wins regularly enough, and was a part of a few surprise Mercury trips when the stars aligned. Probably not gonna happen now, although it's worth noting that yesterday was probably the most competitive day we will see - all the pros and wannabes were out.

Still, I like the mode and have a lot of fun with it. On that note, you around for a run or two or taking a break? You guys are doing yeoman's work.

good job Bungie on forgetting to tell us to press Triangle ontop of the ToO Card

seeesh

wouldn't have hurt to have just said, oh we change to boons, just press Triangle ontop of the ToO card?

anyway rant over

PSN JERKY

ready to get into ToO :p

bgbball31

Thanks Sicher for the help. I got error code beetle when he was at like 20% health, but somehow stayed connected?

w/e we got it done.

Definity

Tell me about it. I would consider myself an average player and I've been to the lighthouse before without carries but I struggled to find a team last night. My old trials teams want nothing to do with the MM system. I'm all for competitive gaming modes but I do miss the old system.

spyder_ur

So the armor that drops at 5 wins - can you get that piece multiple times? Or are you stuck with your roll?

That's so weird if you only get it once - in the old Trials (with the exception of Mercury) you knew exactly what you were getting and how to get it.

Anyone playing? Need 1 game for gold on my Titan.

gatti-man

So the armor that drops at 5 wins - can you get that piece multiple times? Or are you stuck with your roll?

That's so weird if you only get it once - in the old Trials (with the exception of Mercury) you knew exactly what you were getting and how to get it.

Youre stuck with the rolls.

You can get more drops of the lower light boots though, with all random perk/stat rolls. They drop around ~265 light but if the perks are right it's not too bad to infuse them up. The 5-win armor drop is only 300-310 anyway. Mine were all 304 or less.

dammit I missed xur..... :/

Here's still here another day, until the next daily reset (5 am est).

Edit: across from Shaxx in the tower.

Bungie needs to kill the radar, the red outline on the person who killed you, and the ability to switch your camera after death for Trials. It's billed as a competitive mode because it's a round based, but those three things are huge crutches that more or less destroy the point of a round based mode in my opinion.

deadduck

Bungie needs to kill the radar, the red outline on the person who killed you, and the ability to switch your camera after death for Trials. It's billed as a competitive mode because it's a round based, but those three things are huge crutches that more or less destroy the point of a round based mode in my opinion.

No radar would make it even more campy.

Others are good shouts.

Nightz

So I just signed up for this, never really played any of the Raids with GAF before but hopefully I'm not a detriment.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. I did the newbie raid with Hawkian last week. He was an awesome sherpa and extremely patient. Plus you're there with guys who are new to the raid as well so you're all at the same level.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Yeah i think it was Unstable that was talking about how in Halo or something when u die your camera is locked to the perspective of whoever killed you and that the Destiny system kinda breaks the game (at least in this mode).

Nicodemic

Sorry for kind of short notice, I didn't stay on top of promoting it like I should. There are 4 slots left for a Normal Mode KF Newbie Raid at 2:00PM EST. A little under 3 hours from now.

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform

Minimum Light Level 285.

Hey Hawkian!

I've done the raid a few times so I'm not a newbie per say but I could leave my name as a reserve, in case you're missing someone come 2PM. I don't want to take a newbie spot though.

neoism

You can get more drops of the lower light boots though, with all random perk/stat rolls. They drop around ~265 light but if the perks are right it's not too bad to infuse them up. The 5-win armor drop is only 300-310 anyway. Mine were all 304 or less.

Here's still here another day, until the next daily reset (5 am est).

Edit: across from Shaxx in the tower.

oh really thought it was sunday lol...facepalm...

also anyone wanta team up wuff me for trails im not that good at competitive pvp... just wanta work on bounties...??

psn ne0ism-

SharkJAW

Okay, so I've been using Hawkmoon for a little while now and I'm fucking in love with the sound it makes when it lets off a bonus damage round. I did notice, though, that some of my shots whiff past my targets when I'm quite certain the reticle is directly on them. Is this a thing?

No radar would make it even more campy.

Others are good shouts.

Yeah I agree. I think people underestimate the importance of radar and the skill requirement to read it properly. Radar isn't a "casual concession" or anything like that. Especially in Trials you have to know the sniper lanes really well regardless of what radar might be showing.

Okay, so I've been using Hawkmoon for a little while now and I'm fucking in love with the sound it makes when it lets off a bonus damage round. I did notice, though, that some of my shots whiff past my targets when I'm quite certain the reticle is directly on them. Is this a thing?

Sadly this is a thing and probably the biggest problem with hand cannons currently. They nerfed the accuracy considerably which basically is just a stupid thing that means your bullets won't necessarily go where your reticle is when you shoot. There's also accuracy drop off when successive shots after the first, which is especially noticeable on the high RoF Last Word. Hawkmoon hasn't been hit as hard but it's still noticeable.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawkian!

I've done the raid a few times so I'm not a newbie per say but I could leave my name as a reserve, in case you're missing someone come 2PM. I don't want to take a newbie spot though.
Thanks! May need you so I appreciate it.

Ikkarus

I used to love my Hawkmoon until the HC nerf came in to effect. It was arguably the weaker of the holy trinity of exotic HCs but I still loved it.

As for the whiffing I couldn't honestly say as I haven't played with the year 2 version at all.

Frostburn

Gotta remember to sign in and grab that Exotic Hunter helm today. Been too wrapped up in the Counter-Strike Dreamhack Major going on right now, the matches have been amazing so far.

ocean

Banned
What you're describing is the consequence of the accuracy nerf to Hand Cannons with 2.0.

In my opinion, the single biggest problem in the game, and the reason I went from playing 3-4 hours a day to playing 2-3 hours a week.

Kf Hm

1.PerilousInJ
2. Diggymow
3. Hedera_
4. Androo2300
5, childofhate
6. Tick

Child can you send me a request, I can't figure out which one you are

Top Bottom