• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Mindlog

anyone have any idea what I got? I killed a taken ultra that spawned in patrol, I got something that was white with grey lines I think and it started with wolf or wolfs something. it doesn't show up in my inventory or in any quest as far as I can see.
My best guess is one of the items for the Petra/Variks quest. Check the reef.

SeanR1221

Goddamnit :/

Can anyone share a totem checkpoint?

I was about to finish and The game crashed. When I re joined the team finished it

inthrall

anyone have any idea what I got? I killed a taken ultra that spawned in patrol, I got something that was white with grey lines I think and it started with wolf or wolfs something. it doesn't show up in my inventory or in any quest as far as I can see.

Quest progress for the Taken quest with Petra perhaps, do you have quest progress on the Reef?

Starting a raid from totems or scratch in about 1 hours time, need 3-4, hard mode by the way

I'm 314 with gally, a big stick, I know how to use it etc...

Koh

Just had the smoothest hard mode possible. No wipes, no deaths in combat. one hour and ten minutes with most people below 310.

Too bad I didn't get anything worth using.

MilkBeard

We need one more for the Kingsfall raid regular mode, we are near the first boss. (PS4) One guy had to leave.

My PSN is Milkbizzle.

EDIT: We got somebody, nvm.

rc213

Cool, hammon was my questionable, need 2 now. Pending if Kadey finishes oryx, but were targeting about an hour from now so that theoretically should be plenty of time, but I know better

I can run one HM tonight if you got room. Want to see if RNGesus is ready to give me some boots!!!

GhaleonEB

I know the guy from Bungie on their forum wasn't trying to give a comprehensive answer to the weapon parts issue, but it made me wonder if he was looking at the data in a way that is reflective of where the weapon parts throttle hits. I mean, a global average will bury the problem.

The problem is 1) the infusion system asks for 10 weapon parts every time you upgrade a weapon and 2) you make very incremental progress climbing from 200-290 light, where the infusion system is really used to progress players and their gear. So a global average is not really meaningful.

First, dismiss those with huge hoards of weapon parts left over from year 1. The nerf is not an issue to them and they will throw off the averages.

Now, toss out people who are already at or near max light. They are not using the weapon infusion system to progress post-nerf because King's Fall HM is the sole source of their progression.

Next, don't look at people who are still early in their Destiny progression. The infusion system is for legendary and exotic gear, so players without them are not going to feel the sting. So don't worry about players below level 40, as they are not using infusion.

That leaves us with players who are over level 40, and specifically between light levels 200 and 295 or so. They're going to be using infusion a great deal as part of their progression, or, at the high end of that range, to optimize their weapons by bringing low light drops with good rolls up to their level (as I'm currently doing). For players working that climb the weapon part nerf has been brutal.

My Hunter was at the high end, and when the nerf hit my Titan was at the low. They both felt it, but my Titan's progress has been gated very often due to weapon parts. Right now I have a firefly perk unlocked that I'd really like to use. It's been unlocked all evening. I have accumulated 9 weapon parts.

More than anything I'd like from a Nightfall, would be a pile of 25 weapon parts. It would be the mother lode.

zewone

320 Cloak
320 Boots
315 Helmet
316 Shotgun
320 Scout Rifle
318 Ghost
310 Boots
318 Boots
316 HMG

And I still need to do HM on my Titan.

Jblanks

Yeah found another team. Shards.

So that makes

Totems - nothing
War priest - nothing
Golgoroth - nothing
Sisters - 318 mark.

Seriously have no interest in killing oryx.

Yea mine was

304 Ghost (so nothing)
Nothing
316 Gloves
Sisters - 310 cloak (my 4th one)

I know the guy from Bungie on their forum wasn't trying to give a comprehensive answer to the weapon parts issue, but it made me wonder if he was looking at the data in a way that is reflective of where the weapon parts throttle hits. I mean, a global average will bury the problem.

The problem is 1) the infusion system asks for 10 weapon parts every time you upgrade a weapon and 2) you make very incremental progress climbing from 200-290 light, where the infusion system is really used to progress players and their gear. So a global average is not really meaningful.

First, dismiss those with huge hoards of weapon parts left over from year 1. The nerf is not an issue to them and they will throw off the averages.

Now, toss out people who are already at or near max light. They are not using the weapon infusion system to progress post-nerf because King's Fall HM is the sole source of their progression.

Next, don't look at people who are still early in their Destiny progression. The infusion system is for legendary and exotic gear, so players without them are not going to feel the sting. So don't worry about players below level 40, as they are not using infusion.

That leaves us with players who are over level 40, and specifically between light levels 200 and 295 or so. They're going to be using infusion a great deal as part of their progression, or, at the high end of that range, to optimize their weapons by bringing low light drops with good rolls up to their level (as I'm currently doing). For players working that climb the weapon part nerf has been brutal.

My Hunter was at the high end, and when the nerf hit my Titan was at the low. They both felt it, but my Titan's progress has been gated very often due to weapon parts. Right now I have a firefly perk unlocked that I'd really like to use. It's been unlocked all evening. I have accumulated 9 weapon parts.

More than anything I'd like from a Nightfall, would be a pile of 25 weapon parts. It would be the mother lode.

Yeah. Like, they should tack on weapon parts to daily game modes. 20 parts for doing the daily. 20 for the crucible. Nightfall provides 30 for completion on top of the random roll.

Either that or let you obtain weapon parts by mark turn ins or swap armor parts to weapon parts, and vice versa. Like another thing that baffles me, why can't you turn in 2 mote of lights for 1 strange coin since there's already a system for getting 2 motes of light through a strange coin.

Such weird decisions Bungie is making without properly explaining them or giving confusing explanations.

Trakan

Ran into something I haven't seen yet in KF. I jumped on the platform for the relic to do the running and it didn't put me between dimensions. I don't know if it's lag or what.

Do the gunsmith packages get recycled or has every week been new stuff? I'm wondering if I should stop ordering things. I really dislike that it takes up space in my inventory. I also already have the LiTC sniper and the good rocket launcher from there. Anything else that's a must have?
Originally I was ordering them to dismantle for marks, but I'm at the point in the game where I'm always looking for random shit to buy because I've bought all the good stuff from the tower. I'm constantly riddled with marks. And as far as dismantling them for weapon parts, I don't care. It's not worth having my inventory filled with packages.

lt519

Got my 6P today and was fiddling with my home screen. 16-Bit destiny characters linking to Destiny App are front and center. Everything else has a purpose (i.e. Coin is Mint, Lakitu Mario Kart is Maps)

c340MYy.jpg

Solidsoul

Banned
Hey, just popping my head in to ask If the story of Destiny has gotten much better?

Played at launch and what killed it for me was a story and characters I was not interested in. Is it in a place where I'd be intrigued now? What's a game the story is comparable too.

Afrocious

Hey, just popping my head in to ask If the story of Destiny has gotten much better?

Played at launch and what killed it for me was a story and characters I was not interested in. Is it in a place where I'd be intrigued now? What's a game the story is comparable too.

There's an actual story in destiny now

Mupod

well those were some smooth runs. Feel a bit better knowing I won't be spending most of my week wiping to Oryx again. Just have totems-daughters left to do on my Titan.

And of course my fucking hunter gets good drops again. It's now my best character by quite a bit.

We are scrubbing it up. It's like day one.

well if you guys end up having to do more tomorrow I will help. I got picked up by Trakan's group when I saw that all 6 of you were online at the start of the raid and figured I'd be sitting out.

Ran into something I haven't seen yet in KF. I jumped on the platform for the relic to do the running and it didn't put me between dimensions. I don't know if it's lag or what.

I've seen it lag severely before - for example, I've seen people jump up at normal intervals but the platforms activated out of order or simultaneously. But this was something different, it showed the flash after you went up, and I even gave it a second or two before I landed. But it gave me the torn buff for no real reason.

I'd say this ranks up there with the time my character just randomly fell over dead to misadventure while standing outside during the shade phase.

Kyoufu

It has improved, yes.

However to get the most out of it you still need to read the grimoire cards. Specifically the Book of Sorrow cards.

I hope in the future they actually put all the interesting lore and story in the game itself.

Top Bottom