• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

noomi

Love our crew, we have it all down like clockwork. 3x hard mode runs in a little over three hours. Big shoutout to everyone who ran with us tonigt, thanks guys :)

Decent drops for me today as well.

Finally got the helmets for each class (normal ones though), small upgrades to armor pieces for each class, and lastly a 314 and 318 scout rifle... YES! Unfortunately not with full auto like i would have liked though :p

Completely happy tonight, lots of laughs and good times in party chat too. Just what we all needed ;)

Nighty night DGAF, see you in the AM.

GorillaJu

At 320, hopefully.

What the light level system does is that the curve fluctuates far too much and doesn't really have an 'end' so to speak. Because of the random nature of light levels and gear drops themselves, you can't consistently go along that curve-you spike around it. You can get an item that skyrockets you to a high level, or that slightly nudges you forward to a higher level. Or you can get a worse item.

It's a mess. nightfall as such is useless, it's dumbfounded that Xur carries exotics at 280(For what reason, exactly..?), exotics decrypt at either 290 or 310 until you reach light level 311 in which case they seem to majorly decrypt at 310(Which again, unless you didn't have it before, is such an odd design choice since doesn't help you get higher), amongst a myriad of other things..

It doesn't seem that odd to me. It's not nearly as fun to buy something as it is to find something in the field. The best rewards should come from loot drops. Xur is there to give you an out when there's an exotic you really want but can't get it to drop for you.

Nuszka

Love our crew, we have it all down like clockwork. 3x hard mode runs in a little over three hours. Big shoutout to everyone who ran with us tonigt, thanks guys :)

Decent drops for me today as well.

Finally got the helmets for each class (normal ones though), small upgrades to armor pieces for each class, and lastly a 314 and 318 scout rifle... YES! Unfortunately not with full auto like i would have liked though :p

Completely happy tonight, lots of laughs and good times in party chat too. Just what we all needed ;)

Nighty night DGAF, see you in the AM.

Thanks man, that was a lot of fun, happy with my loot as well. See ya tomorrow.

Zocano

In Year 1, Nightfall was a constant thing that stayed with you no matter how strong you became. The rewards were ALWAYS relevant.

Further evidence that this Light Level system is junk.

Nah, this light level stuff is still affecting us the exact same way mechanically. I don't think a lot of people realize this unless they played a bunch of MMOs. The only thing that changed was how it affects us psychologically. Changing gear still weakens us, it just isn't tied to one number and that number being our "level". Our level literally doesn't matter except to force the beginning progression on us. I'm on my phone at the moment or else I would get more in depth, sorry.

Anyway, the nightfall never scaled with us. It just happened to be at or near our end game level. This time it's not. While it gives people progressing another option, it also takes it out as another option at end game.

gatti-man

Nah, this light level stuff is still affecting us the exact same way mechanically. I don't think a lot of people realize this unless they played a bunch of MMOs. The only thing that changed was how it affects us psychologically. Changing gear still weakens us, it just isn't tied to one number and that number being our "level". Our level literally doesn't matter except to force the beginning progression on us. I'm on my phone at the moment or else I would get more in depth, sorry.

Anyway, the nightfall never scaled with us. It just happened to be at or near our end game level. This time it's not. While it gives people progressing another option, it also takes it out as another option at end game.

At first I was mad about them nerfing nightfalls but now I'm kindof happy about it. The way they handled end game you really don't need nightfalls anymore. They took away something that was a have to and replaced it with a want to activity. Also it's much more soloable now which is nice.

Kyoufu

At first I was mad about them nerfing nightfalls but now I'm kindof happy about it. The way they handled end game you really don't need nightfalls anymore. They took away something that was a have to and replaced it with a want to activity. Also it's much more soloable now which is nice.

But it's not a want to for me. I didn't do a single Nightfall last week.

X-Frame

I have been holding off even using it because of Iron Banner or Trials but I'm starting to not give a shit. Best gun in the game by far.

Boolean Gemini is pretty close but not quite right.

I felt the same way, but realistically that is what .. 5% of total Crucible playtime? If that?

Not worth it. Use Year 1 exotics until Bungie updates them, who cares.

I know this is an absolutely crazy idea, but some people actually play Destiny because it's fun to shoot stuff with friends. Getting upgrades is a nice goal, but if all you want is to get better gear with no intrinsic value and are not having fun doing it, maybe you should play a game that's more fun for you. No one is forcing you to compete in a futile race to have the highest light level, it's just going to be continuously made trivial as new updates inflate power levels across the board anyway, so what's the rush?

Why are you deflecting valid criticisms with the drop system with "go play something else" responses?

I know this is an even more absolutely crazy idea. How about I have fun shooting stuff with friends while getting meaningful upgrades in the process. Crazy, I know.

GorillaJu

Why are you deflecting valid criticisms with the drop system with "go play something else" responses?

I know this is an even more absolutely crazy idea. How about I have fun shooting stuff with friends while getting meaningful upgrades in the process. Crazy, I know.

What valid criticism? All I see is whining.

mandiller

Me and a friend are looking to run Kings Fall normal from the start.

I've done it multiple times and have malice & spindle (light about 303), whereas it's his first time doing it (hence wanting to start it from the beginning). He's 294 and is quite experienced aside from the raid. Looking for 4 others for a nice chill group.

1. mandiller
2. mandiller's friend

AngerdX

Me and a friend are looking to run Kings Fall normal from the start.

I've done it multiple times and have malice & spindle (light about 303), whereas it's his first time doing it (hence wanting to start it from the beginning). He's 294 and is quite experienced aside from the raid. Looking for 4 others for a nice group chill group.

1. mandiller
2. mandiller's friend
3. AengerdX
4. earvcunanan

I´ll come along not super experienced, but should be fine. :)

Psn AengerdX

Takuan

Got Hallowed arms and a 310 Zhalo from the HM raid to Oryx an a 310 Thunderlord from a NF. Not mad at all! Was previously using blue arms. Now it's just the helm I need for my hunter. Titan needs quite a bit more work, but I'll get there eventually.

I get the frustration from the hardcore players, but I'm pretty happy as a filthy casual over here.

Top Bottom