• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

LTWood12

I can't wait to finally disappoint you again in Trials this weekend!

Things I will do:
-not have a grenade when call for grenade.
-Revive you when you tell me not to
-Whiff with every single hammer
-Be a generally all around nice guy to play with

LifEndz

Man, this is a jerk thing to say:

Need Weapon Parts?

We know! We’ve read a lot of feedback about the abject poverty that was induced when we adjusted their drop rate. My Boss says things are getting dire for him! He’s down to only 1,656 of them, so we need to act fast.​

sigh.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. He always comes off as so damn condescending and snarky.

Yup.

I still miss Y1 exotics. I understand how they broke the game, but at least they felt great. You felt powerful using them. Now, exotics are just an alternative or very situation specific.

If they buff the HCs, Hawkmoon will immediately return to the top of the food chain in PvP.

If they buff them and with the ability to count your litc rounds it'll be even better than before. Between missed rounds and body shots you had no idea if you still had a 2 shot in the back pocket pre 2.0. Now you can be down to 7 shots with no lucky bullets used grinning like a demon. Shit is rigged lol

JonCha

Can get Hung Jury now but have Smite of Merain at 308 so unsure if I should even bother getting the former. Seems v subjective as to which people prefer. I'm eager to try Hung Jury thought as I still don't like the recoil on Merain.

I may or may not be up for both.

tumblr_m13oah5svI1qc5pzgo1_400.gif

Around what time?

9ish ET

Mupod

I mean, it's not like you don't have time to go ahead and do them now. The Tier 3 CoO bosses are on a very easy rotation. The fastest you could get all three of them is in 9 days.

Edit: Also, do them solo. If you are ever in CoO by yourself, you get a 50% damage boost. Makes them all pretty easy.

I've soloed plenty of CoO stuff but I've never heard of people soloing the tier 3 bosses so I never even tried.

Also 'it's not like you don't have time' is a ridiculous statement to me because this game eats up more time than I have. I'm losing sleep over it as-is and I barely get my raids/trials bounties done. I was slightly ahead this week as I got all my raiding done early but then last night nobody would run nightfalls and now I need to farm strange coins to try and legacy engram RNG my way into a Red Death before Trials and...yeah, it never ends.

There's no skill in getting lucky with a 2 shot. There's nothing going for it intrinsically. As a 3 shot weapon it's literally a regular ass hand cannon no different from an Imago Loop. It had ridiculous range going for it but they took that away a long time ago.

I wasn't talking about the perks, Hawkmoon is a 2 hs kill, 3 to the body. Luck in the chamber puts you close to a one shot kill, they will have a tiny bit of hp left. Imago Loop is trash.

lt519

Can get Hung Jury now but have Smite of Merain at 308 so unsure if I should even bother getting the former. Seems v subjective as to which people prefer. I'm eager to try Hung Jury thought as I still don't like the recoil on Merain.

I opted to level my Smite to 320 instead of Hung Jury. Hung Jury is nice but in the raid against Taken I'd rather have the Smite with the bonus Taken damage. It was between the two but I just like Pulse Rifles right now.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
They need to sort out this match making in patrol. CoO is dead so much lately. Got 9 Antiquated runes I want to use.

spyder_ur

I can't wait to finally disappoint you again in Trials this weekend!

Things I will do:
-not have a grenade when call for grenade.
-Revive you when you tell me not to
-Whiff with every single hammer
-Be a generally all around nice guy to play with

You the real MVP.

Jinjo

Lol. 4 exotic helm engrams, end up with 3 Taikonaits. Rng pls.

Now, to decide whether to infuse my Hunter 317 cloak into my Titan to make that one 317 light total. Choices, choices.

Ikkarus

I wasn't talking about the perks, Hawkmoon is a 2 hs kill, 3 to the body. Luck in the chamber puts you close to a one shot kill, they will have a tiny bit of hp left. Imago Loop is trash.
Good luck getting close enough to the armies of Pulse Rifle users in PvP to actually get the 2 shot kill.

HCs are bottom tier in PvP now. I used to use Hawkmoon myself and its considerably less potent as it once was.

Lol. 4 exotic helm engrams, end up with 3 Taikonaits. Rng pls.

Now, to decide whether to infuse my Hunter 317 cloak into my Titan to make that one 317 light total. Choices, choices.
I gave up on getting a 310 Light Beyond Nemesis and just used two of SIX 310 OBSIDIAN MINDS to get it there.

Jinjo

I gave up on getting a 310 Light Beyond Nemesis and just used two of SIX 310 OBSIDIAN MINDS to get it there.

Lol, my fourth helmet was 310 Light Beyond Nemesis. Infused one 310 Taikonaut into my 305 Saint-14. Turned it into a 309. FML. Gonna infuse the second 310 Taikonaut in my 305 Graviton Forfeit. Results pending. Keeping the one with best perks.

JonCha

I opted to level my Smite to 320 instead of Hung Jury. Hung Jury is nice but in the raid against Taken I'd rather have the Smite with the bonus Taken damage. It was between the two but I just like Pulse Rifles right now.

Yeah, that's definitely a big consideration. I use Merain in PvE (and ergo the raid) so it's a big help there. I have Red Death too so perhaps Hung Jury will be wasted on me.

If you're ever in CoO by yourself, an exotic sword is all you need. Honestly, those two Knights you have to get close together are much easier solo because they both go for you and you don't have some tit running around keeping one of the Knights away.

Dark-Drinker can take them both down at the same time.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Some people are such assholes. Down the knight and baby Crota then the other player runs away with the sword.

I need someone to carry me to 5 wins in trials. I just want the armor piece.
I'm terrible at pvp, so I'm just going to find the nearest corner and stare at it Blair Witch style.

Or we can just play for fun/bounties I guess. Whatever.

deadduck

I hate the amount of verticle recoil on smite.

Hung Jury barely moves. Firefly, Tripple Tap and hits hard. Bonus Taken damage isn't significant enough for me either. Plus you will get more raid weapons drop again for free.

Jury FTW.

I need someone to carry me to 5 wins in trials. I just want the armor piece.
I'm terrible at pvp, so I'm just going to find the nearest corner and stare at it Blair Witch style.

Or we can just play for fun/bounties I guess. Whatever.

I wonder if that's the worst thing you can do.

loki 16

Hung Jury barely moves. Firefly, Tripple Tap and hits hard. Bonus Taken damage isn't significant enough for me either. Plus you will get more raid weapons drop again for free.

Jury FTW.

I agree 100%

Number45

They need to sort out this match making in patrol. CoO is dead so much lately. Got 9 Antiquated runes I want to use.
Even walking across the transition points I've been able to pair with randoms precisely twice in my attempts. Pretty much don't bother any more.

Jury FTW.
I don't have the raid SR, but HJ is my go to for any particularly difficult content. Soloing Paradox templar room last night was trivial with that and my sword for anything that gets too close. Just wish I could get some luck to infuse that mofo up a little!

I appreciate this joke a lot. You are one savvy and cultured person to point that one scene out of that old movie.

Is 1999....old?
It seems like only yesterday I was cozying up to a warm garbage can at Woodstock 99 as Limp Bizkit told us to break stuff.
And we did. We so did.

Jury FTW.

But RNGesus can be pretty spiteful.

Top Bottom