• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Kyoufu

Idk if you found a video yet or not, but I uploaded a video of the regular strat about a week ago.

For your viewing pleasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8caOi3p0m8U

I was the designated runner for this one.

Yeah looks easy since there's no risk involved with detonating Blights. Good stuff.

Protip though, save Shadowshot for when the Shade comes out and swipes at something. If you tether it just after it atttacks it'll be stunned for a long time out in the open, meaning a super easy kill.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How good is the Suros Regime at 310 for Kingsfall? I got a Zarinaea-D at 307 so was thinking of pushing that to 310 then using it alongside the Spindle 310.

We got to daughters and a few people had to log off. I will more than likely finish daughters/oryx on my titan and do atleast 1 more fresh run before reset.

I could help on my Titan for that and do a fresh on Warlock.

flkraven

Hopefully you like whatever subclass it's attached to, because you only get 1 and you can't infuse it because you'll end up with a 318...

michael-scott-no.gif

Did you guys beat him last night? I'm basically 311 now so feel a lot more confident than last week when I was only 304.

I wouldn't mind doing a HM run from fresh or cp Totems either. Even if we couldn't beat Oryx I'd be happy to play up to Daughters if I got some good HM drops lol.

Edit: Oh I put up a HM KF at 8:30pm UK on 100.io. I can change it later though if needed.

I may not be on until a bit later than that I'm afraid :( sorry. (Probably 9). I'm happy to run through HM Oryx again from scratch or do a daughters run or Crota (anything basically)

If you get 6 anyway then please press ahead without me, as its always better to get a raid going whenever possible :) if not then hopefully I can catch you all later :)

Mupod

rumor has it the 320 will be obtained by completing the x3 raid challenges (last 3 calcified fragments).

I just know they are going to tie something to those fragments and I'll be stuck waiting 2 weeks for an antiquated rune boss that nobody does anymore.

edit: Trials again? People kept telling me that they weren't every weekend, I barely played in HoW so I wasn't sure if it was always like that.

zewone

Who do I gotta suck for a trials carry this weekend? I just want that scout rifle. :(

The scout was last week from 7 wins. This week will likely be a new weapon dropping at 7 wins.

You can still get the scout from Mercury chest and gold packages this week though.

All the posts above should give you the clue that: it used to be a splendour.
It has now been nerfed to "meh" status, sadly...

I might be a little late on this, but you seem to be as clueless as he is about Hawkmoon. One of the few great hc's left in the game.

I just know they are going to tie something to those fragments and I'll be stuck waiting 2 weeks for an antiquated rune boss that nobody does anymore.

I mean, it's not like you don't have time to go ahead and do them now. The Tier 3 CoO bosses are on a very easy rotation. The fastest you could get all three of them is in 9 days.

Edit: Also, do them solo. If you are ever in CoO by yourself, you get a 50% damage boost. Makes them all pretty easy.

I enjoyed using Hawkmoon the other day and did well with it, but some of those missed shots were wtf worthy. It still suffers.

Yeah looks easy since there's no risk involved with detonating Blights. Good stuff.

Protip though, save Shadowshot for when the Shade comes out and swipes at something. If you tether it just after it atttacks it'll be stunned for a long time out in the open, meaning a super easy kill.

There's a lot of fear about using Shadowshot when he comes charging in because sometimes he swings twice. We usually have no trouble with him, but I'll keep that in mind.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I may not be on until a bit later than that I'm afraid :( sorry. (Probably 9). I'm happy to run through HM Oryx again from scratch or do a daughters run or Crota (anything basically)

If you get 6 anyway then please press ahead without me, as its always better to get a raid going whenever possible :) if not then hopefully I can catch you all later :)

9 would be fine or even 9:30.

Idk if you found a video yet or not, but I uploaded a video of the regular strat about a week ago.

For your viewing pleasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8caOi3p0m8U

I was the designated runner for this one.

That made it look real easy. Will try this out.

I enjoyed using Hawkmoon the other day and did well with it, but some of those missed shots were wtf worthy. It still suffers.

It'll always be good unless Bungie fundamentally changes how it works. They couldn't reduce the mag size to be in-line with other HCs because that'd only make it better lol. If it wasn't a PS exclusive and hence obligated to have a Y2 version I'm sure it would have been left behind. Gun will be a top tier hand cannon for life.

Yeah: no.
It suffers from that accuracy nerf just the same as other hand cannons...

Like I said, clueless. I can still 2-3 shot ppl with it. Maybe some people should actually learn how to best use a given weapon, instead of jumping on to the latest "hype" because they lack skill.

lt519

Hmm, I need 38 strange coins so I can get a 310 helmet for both my Hunter and Warlock. LL315 for all after that!

It'll always be good unless Bungie fundamentally changes how it works. They couldn't reduce the mag size to be in-line with other HCs because that'd only make it better lol. If it wasn't a PS exclusive and hence obligated to have a Y2 version I'm sure it would have been left behind. Gun will be a top tier hand cannon for life.

Yup.

I still miss Y1 exotics. I understand how they broke the game, but at least they felt great. You felt powerful using them. Now, exotics are just an alternative or very situation specific.

If they buff the HCs, Hawkmoon will immediately return to the top of the food chain in PvP.

Do people ever do Court of Oryx anymore? Whenever I go there its empty. Am I ever going to get these calcified fragments? Will I ever get Touch of Malice? Will I ever be any thing more than a lowly 99% Destiny scrub? Tune in next week

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Do people ever do Court of Oryx anymore? Whenever I go there its empty. Am I ever going to get these calcified fragments? Will I ever get Touch of Malice? Will I ever be any thing more than a lowly 99% Destiny scrub? Tune in next week

If you have an exotic sword, you can solo many of the CoO encounters.

Like I said, clueless. I can still 2-3 shot ppl with it. Maybe some people should actually learn how to best use a given weapon, instead of jumping on to the latest "hype" because they lack skill.

There's no skill in getting lucky with a 2 shot. There's nothing going for it intrinsically. As a 3 shot weapon it's literally a regular ass hand cannon no different from an Imago Loop. It had ridiculous range going for it but they took that away a long time ago.

Bungie gives you a 50% damage increase if you are ever in CoO by yourself.

Use it.

Bungie gives you a 50% damage increase if you are ever in CoO by yourself.

Use it.
Yeah I was making Thalnok kneel in two uppercuts of Raze Lighter by myself and when I went back with friends, I didn't understand why that no longer worked. This is the same when you are fighting targets in public events. You do way more damage solo.

Shito

Oh, sorry, that was a "only start this discussion to brag about myself" thing?
I'm not interested in those...

Still need the Baby Crota CoO fragment, when does that one roll around again?
He's there this week. :)

Top Bottom