• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Well thanks to Twilight and Toasty for the Mercury run, I was beyond crap again >_<

Those two games afterwards though for the gold package bounty completion, the laggiest shit I have ever played. Headshot a guy and watch them die from it like 2 seconds later, what a pile of wank.

They saw our OP loadouts and lag switched us.

GhaleonEB

The new issue of Edge has an interview with Luke Smith alongside the review of TTK (it got a 9 and as usual, Edge was spot-on with their review as a whole) with some interesting nuggets of info. Was that posted here when the issue came out a few weeks ago? (My copy just arrived today.)

The new issue of Edge has an interview with Luke Smith alongside the review of TTK (it got a 9 and as usual, Edge was spot-on with their review as a whole) with some interesting nuggets of info. Was that posted here when the issue came out a few weeks ago? (My copy just arrived today.)

Think it was only mentioned due to Luke briefly talking about challenge modes.

Anyone for two more matches of Trials so I can get Gold tier?

Not that I heard....if it was a couple weeks ago, I don't think we talked about it.

lt519

1 coin in two PoE 28 runs, not the way to go ):

Who's up for what? I'm down to drunkenly shoot AI or Guardians.

Trials, HM KF, CoO, anything, whats up peoples?

Strider

This is the nerdiest thing I'm ever gonna post....

Why the fuck haven't the writers behind the grimoire cards got to working on a novel yet? All kinds of potential

Kyoufu

This is the nerdiest thing I'm ever gonna post....

Why the fuck haven't the writers behind the grimoire cards got to working on a novel yet? All kinds of potential

No. Stop.

I don't want to read a novel. I want that content in the game itself.

Please. Don't make me go to external sources for story. Please.

Strider

No. Stop.

I don't want to read a novel. I want that content in the game itself.

Please. Don't make me go to external sources for story. Please.

You can have both.

Novels can be different material within the Destiny universe that doesn't effect the story within the game.

But yea better writing and in-game grimoire is a must for Destiny 2

Kyoufu

?

You can have both.

We currently have neither :p

I just want the writers to focus on the game. Book of Sorrows is great but none of it is actually in the game. The game itself, while an improvement over vanilla, is still really lacking. Oryx feels generic and you don't learn anything about him or his past. Ball dropped there for me.

FyreWulff

Still very successful with a dome in Trials.

I was stupid one of our rounds and used it right before the cap point came up though :( womp womp

border

Why is PoE28 considered the best source of Strange Coins? Is there any similar way to grind some out?

I still have maybe 200 Coins, but would like more to grind my way up to 310 on all helmets using the Xur Exotic Engram Slot Machine.

Dunk#7

I almost never get disconnected, but in the last 30 minutes I can complete anything without getting disconnected

What is going on?

Mindlog

So obviously Skolas is a keeper mask.
The question is which one amuses me more; Eris Morn or the Traveler?

They're both really good with the frighten animation.

GhaleonEB

Think it was only mentioned due to Luke briefly talking about challenge modes.

Anyone for two more matches of Trials so I can get Gold tier?

Not that I heard....if it was a couple weeks ago, I don't think we talked about it.

Asked about what else was launching in the window after TTK released (this was as exotic missions/quests were still being doled out), Luke mentions the HM KF, and then says this about the challenge modes:

Edge said:
There's also Challenge mode - a particular way of killing a raid boss that gets you a special emblem and reward. Mathematically, you've only seen or completed five-thirteenths of the raid.
That confirmed a few things new to me. One, the challenges will be focused on one boss fight each (implied by the leaked names) because five of those thirteenths were HM, and they drop unique emblems/loot.

The last question in the interview:

Edge: You're often criticized for not allowing matchmaking in raids. Could that ever change?

Luke: I think matchmaking can make other players disposable to you. The reason that people quit out of strikes is because there's no consequence to their departure, just a punishment for that disposable person on the other end of the line. It's pretty hard for me, emotionally, to wan to subject groups of players to that. What's not hard for me to think about is a version of Destiny that makes it easier to look for and find groups to go engage in difficult content with, a version that helps bring people together in a way that the current software doesn't. A bunch of the stickiness of Destiny for me is that it's the bar I can go to when I get home, where I can wear my pajamas and shoot the shit with my friends. It's a game that's best played with others, and it's our responsibility to embrace that further in the game.
This is the second time I've seen Luke mention the need to find ways for Destiny to group people up for more activities than it does now, but he elaborates on it more than in prior mentions. It sure sounds like some kind of LFG-type of solution is in the works.

The rest of the interview is insightful in ways Luke's interviews tend to be, but those are the passages that raised my eyebrow.

Oof. I need a Trials partner. I really want to help folks but please don't ask me anymore unless I can run w somebody else. It's too painful, especially when new MM puts you against 2.9 K/D-91% win final bosses. Very sorry everyone.

GGs to Puma, Muzzle, Zewone, and Kadey.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One round away from Mercury. Doesn't get any worse than that. Some time things doesn't go your way.

Thanks for the help Driz.

Never give up. I'm up for some more.

I use to lose thousands of matches in SF before now being able to destroy top players. You just have to keep playing and grinding.

Me and my good friend Jordi took our friend Volt (who's never been to Mercury) tonight for the first time!

They got the 317 Scout!

CTLmCmIVAAAQNky

And yeah Drizzay it can get very stressful by doing a match with some team with that stats, our final boss had 88-89% wins and 2.4 K/Ds

Top Bottom