• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

GorillaJu

One round away from Mercury. Doesn't get any worse than that. Some time things doesn't go your way.

Thanks for the help Driz.

Never give up. I'm up for some more.

I use to lose thousands of matches in SF before now being able to destroy top players. You just have to keep playing and grinding.

I'll go if you have a spot.

very stressful by doing a match with some team with that stats

Nah, it's not about stats. Trials is about teamwork so it's hard to hop in all these different groups when you don't have synergy, call outs etc. I had the same problem back in HoW, new MM just makes it less forgiving. Plus I fucking hate fucking losing so fucking much. Unstable is the only person I've met that hates losing with the same burning passion.

Those twins in your pic are creepy by the way.

GorillaJu

Nah, it's not about stats. Trials is about teamwork so it's hard to hop in all these different groups when you don't have synergy, call outs etc. I had the same problem back in HoW, new MM just makes it less forgiving. Plus I fucking hate fucking losing so fucking much. Unstable is the only person I've met that hates losing with the same burning passion.

I'm really good at callouts since I always die first I have lots of free time to narrate what the enemy is doing in elaborate detail.

GhaleonEB

I have three weapons with mutiple nodes that are unlocked, but I can't upgrade due to lack of weapon parts. And one weapon that can be infused, but alas, weapon parts.

In an hour and a half of patrols tonight (knocking off bounties, an exotic bounty step, and hoovering up glimmer) yielded 14 engrams. Two for weapons, the rest armor and class items. One of the weapons turned into a strange coin. The other, one weapon part.

The next update can't come soon enough.

I hate losing in trials more than anything, specifically trials and 3v3 modes, 6v6 can be such a cluster fuck some times that I don't lose my cool as much. What I'm saying is if I'm not verbally screaming, I'm screaming on the inside :)

HEY DONT MAKE FUN OF THEM!
But yeah I understand. I've started to have a burning passion of losing to teams now, this Meta is just so unforgiving and like you said the MM is a wonderful person. But you and Stable have rub off on me with the burning passion of hating to lose.

You two also made me a better player as well, that was actually my first time playing with Wicked today and thought we played very well on our flawless run

I have three weapons with mutiple nodes that are unlocked, but I can't upgrade due to lack of weapon parts. And one weapon that can be infused, but alas, weapon parts.

In an hour and a half of patrols tonight (knocking off bounties, an exotic bounty step, and hoovering up glimmer) yielded 14 engrams. Two for weapons, the rest armor and class items. One of the weapons turned into a strange coin. The other, one weapon part.

DeeJ would counter and quip that his boss still has 1400 Weapon parts so it isnt really a problem.

E92 M3

Nerfing weapon parts was a few steps away from resetting exotics with Xur, as far as I'm concerned.

I got the trials sniper with hidden hand and injection mold and I'm no expert, but it feels pretty legit. I wonder how it compares to the current top pvp snipers.

Nerfing weapon parts was a few steps away from resetting exotics with Xur, as far as I'm concerned.

Ironically, I no longer even care about Exotics anymore. None of the year 2 exotics scream "must have", just a handful of interesting or situationally useful ones.

Xur bringing only 280 Exotics also tempers any hype since you now need a pile of high level infuse fodder and weapon parts for it to even be useful.

Now when 310 Exotics drop or decrypt I immediately figure out what Legendary I will infuse with it since that seems the best use of them.

I'm really good at callouts since I always die first I have lots of free time to narrate what the enemy is doing in elaborate detail.

Haha I know you're joking but you also make a really good point. It's so critical to give these call-outs when you have wall hacks to see exactly where an enemy is. My biggest Trials pet peeve is when people die and start complaining about their teammates instead of calling out.

I hate losing in trials more than anything, specifically trials and 3v3 modes, 6v6 can be such a cluster fuck some times that I don't lose my cool as much. What I'm saying is if I'm not verbally screaming, I'm screaming on the inside :)

Lol yeah I feel you. I'm just talking about 3v3 as well, mainly Trials since it's actually competitive and winning matters. I couldn't care less about 6v6 or IB, that stuff is so silly. It's just a fun excuse to get 6 buddies together chatting and gaming.

I got the trials sniper with hidden hand and injection mold and I'm no expert, but it feels pretty legit. I wonder how it compares to the current top pvp snipers.

Hidden hand is the only good roll for that sniper's perk. All the other perks (like Inj Mold) and the scopes are all standard, only the last perk is variable like the raid weapons.

It's a good PvP sniper except that it's super low impact so it can't revive snipe. Basically means it's useless in Trials. But the perks are great. Shortgaze, Snapshot/QuickDraw and Hidden Hand is ideal. It has 54 base aim assist which means it has 69 AA with Shortgaze. That's high but not on the same level as other TTK snipers aim bots like 1000 Yard Stare (74 aa), Defiance of Yasmin (79 aa) and Hereafter (80 aa).

If you want a low impact PvP sniper, wait for the new IB one which can get up to 99 aim assist with the Longview scope.

Ugh, reading this thread is painful.

I've always really liked Destiny and I got TTK on launch day but I'd kind of fallen into a rut, I was basically just running the Heroic Strikes each week and then switching to the level 36 strikes trying to get exotics with 3oCs. Everything above that seemed intimidating. This week I finally found some people here and on LFG to do higher level stuff with and did the Nightfall for the first time, raid for the first time, Osiris for the first time, got my sword, and did a few other quests.

I already liked the game but I feel like I just fell down the rabbit hole of the endgame. Found out today that my apartment has some kind of electronic wiring problem though, the sockets in my living cut off and right back on every half or so, so I can't play games without the console cutting out that often. Really want to play but the property people couldn't get their electrician out earlier than Thursday =/.

Haha I know you're joking but you also make a really good point. It's so critical to give these call-outs when you have wall hacks to see exactly where an enemy is. My biggest Trials pet peeve is when people die and start complaining about their teammates instead of calling out.

Snippity snip snip

Ahhh. Got a random group from lfg on xb1 mainly just to complete bounties but still attempt to win of course.

This guy: "he's one shot"
"I died"
"they're both looking at me"

I had to be like ok you have to be descriptive. First of all I don't know who "i" is. And when you die or someone describing someone you have to say where you or he is.

That same guy around the 5th match sniper 2 guys back to back and said "wow I sniped 2 guys. I don't think I've ever done that before"

The other person I was with also asked "so if you get 9 wins as long as you don't get 3 losses you can go to that one place?"

Very entertaining group of guys. Callouts were basically nonexistent haha. Not to mention I said follow me, xplicitone, left and they went super far left and I had 2 guys at one shot with no backup. They said Oh you just said left so we went left. I went to the train and they went all the way to the heavy area -_-

Mupod

First day is always worst day to play trials.

it's funny because I did way better than I ever have in Trials. It turns out Invective is really good apparently. Only real goal is to get 5 wins on my warlock, never did get the helmet before.

Most people I ran into on Xbox were just shotgun rushers. This meta is extremely boring. TLW was the only thing that can counter it well while being super agile.

I should just try to use it again.

Dez_

I'm having the same issue. One thing, I wasn't really aware of that someone on this thread told me was that leveling up your weapons before dismantling them to go from 1-2 to around 3-5. It doesn't solve the issue where I mainly receive armor engrams, but it's helped me back into the double digits, just barely.

JonCha

I'm looking to get together a Normal Mode King's Fall tonight, 12.5 hours from now (8pm UK time).

I don't want to be doing another raid that takes five hours as I'm just too tired at the end of it. I've done it a couple of times so ideally would like people who are experienced also. Current roster looks like this:

1. me

If you're interested just PM/quote. I'm working today so won't be able to reply really for another 11 hours or so. Thanks.

Raybunny

LTWood12

I was pretty bummed last week that I never got the 7 wins for the scout rifle. Thanks to Wicked and Rubenov, I had a chance to get it from the chest. RNG smiled upon me...
bDHRLIX.jpg

Well...only got HM raid to do. The rest is the same. Gotta try something different for a change.

I know, it was just a joke about posting in the wrong OT.

Everyone knows Destiny OTs are like 80% LFG-for-Halo-games posts. Only reason we've reached OT36. Kappa.

Edit: holy cow worst page top in the history of the Internet.

Edit2: Proof that Twilight has gone negative one time in Crucible. He'll blame it on using No Land Beyond; don't believe his lies.

CTMX13hUkAA6sVU.jpg:large

LTWood12

I know, it was just a joke about posting in the wrong OT.

Everyone knows Destiny OTs are like 80% LFG-for-Halo-games posts. Only reason we've reached OT36. Kappa.

Edit: holy cow worst page top in the history of the Internet.

Ending a trials run like that is infuriating. Get some rest man. We can't have our Doctor burn himself out.

Asked about what else was launching in the window after TTK released (this was as exotic missions/quests were still being doled out), Luke mentions the HM KF, and then says this about the challenge modes:

That confirmed a few things new to me. One, the challenges will be focused on one boss fight each (implied by the leaked names) because five of those thirteenths were HM, and they drop unique emblems/loot.

The last question in the interview:

This is the second time I've seen Luke mention the need to find ways for Destiny to group people up for more activities than it does now, but he elaborates on it more than in prior mentions. It sure sounds like some kind of LFG-type of solution is in the works.

The rest of the interview is insightful in ways Luke's interviews tend to be, but those are the passages that raised my eyebrow.

Thanks, interesting stuff...

Top Bottom