• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

NP, thanks for the help. Nighthawk does a ton of damage but didn't one shot. I jumped too. Wonder if requires tether too.

Also, doing more until I get the cloak or bored. Not even going to bother switching characters since the loot sucks.

Good call on the jump, I Nighthawk'ed him too but forget Airborne was active. Tether might do it. Sleeper and Spindle mess him up good.

Hopped off for now but I'll join in a bit later if I see you still running them w an open spot.

AA too stronk.

a698i.gif

I picked the Tanniks strike from the director in week 1 to do the kill fallen on the moon part of the Taken wars and got the cloak from my first completion. :D

PuMa

When I try to go to Bungie.net it fails, but when I check the "Is it down for everyone or just me" websites, they say it's up. I think I know why I get that mismatch. I got this message after Bungie.net failed to load:

This page (https://www.bungie.net/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site.​

Down for me as well.

darthbob

When I try to go to Bungie.net it fails, but when I check the "Is it down for everyone or just me" websites, they say it's up. I think I know why I get that mismatch. I got this message after Bungie.net failed to load:

This page (https://www.bungie.net/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site.​

Up for me.

Sounds like a name resolution problem. Change DNS?

So I finally logged in to Destiny since the recent patch. Spent all of my 25,000 glimmer in weapon parts and weapon upgrades. 5 minutes, 25,000 glimmer gone. Wow. The thirst was real!!

Need to farm glimmer now. Whats the "quickest" way to get glimmer in TTK, I usually just run strikes and pop glimmer gaining items (forgot what they're called).

So uhhh, I started an IB match then after about a minute everyone started leaving and me and some other guy on my team were the last two and we won.
What is that?
Oh and she/he also sent me a friend request right after.

So uhhh, I started an IB match then after about a minute everyone started leaving and me and some other guy on my team were the last two and we won.
What is that?
Oh and she/he also sent me a friend request right after.

Servers are jacked and everyone got caterpillar errors, all the streamers etc. Maybe prep for the patch later today, who knows.

So I finally logged in to Destiny since the recent patch. Spent all of my 25,000 glimmer in weapon parts and weapon upgrades. 5 minutes, 25,000 glimmer gone. Wow. The thirst was real!!

Need to farm glimmer now. Whats the "quickest" way to get glimmer in TTK, I usually just run strikes and pop glimmer gaining items (forgot what they're called).

Gatekeepers CP in VoG is and has always been the best glimmer farm spot. Only catch is finding the CP which used to be easy but is probably hard now. You can still just run strikes and pop the appropriate glimmer consumable or use the appropriate glimmer boosting ghost. Although there's apparently a glimmer gaining cool down where you will stop getting glimmer for awhile if you get too much too quickly. Never noticed it myself but others have commented on it, it's been on Reddit, etc.

phen0m24

Oof. Gonna be tough to predict when I'll need to make the new OT

Will there be more Nami Christmas shenanigans?

Oh myyyyy

Also, out of nowhere last night:

Micah says Fig's real name. He is having difficulty pronouncing his "l's" but Fig's name? No "L's". He can do it.

Panda where are you? ;)

OH GROSS DOUBLE POST PEOPLE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS THREAD EWWWW

flkraven

As for PvP Shotties, are people rolling with Invective or CT-D more? I normally run Conspiracy Theory but am considering rolling with Invective since I am not using an exotic for anything else (also have Chaperone).

StMeph

I've also got a full auto Hawksaw and they are very different feels (well, as different as pulse rifles can feel...) but honestly I like them both.

I've had a god rolled Lyudmila for awhile now and it's still usually my go-to for Trials but the Hawksaw does just as well. It's a trade off: Lyudmila destroys if you hit your two bursts but it's so slow you're in trouble if you miss one. Hawksaw w full auto is so fast you can miss more shots and still get away w it but sometimes feels like you're just tickling people.

Tuesday night I was loving my Tread Upon Stars w Zen Moment, Third Eye and Hand Laid Stock (dropped during one of the recent Value Nightfalls). It still gets beat by Nirwens in a straight up 1v1 due to bullshit stagger and pulses being too effective even at medium-long range. But it's a blast to use and can dominate on the few long range friendly maps like Shores of Time.

I do like both guns, and Hawksaw, unsurprisingly, plays better at shorter ranges. With Lyudmila I just had to get used to the 4th round making the burst take so much longer, and just to let the bullets travel so I don't overcommit to shooting extra bursts.

Really sad I missed out on Nirwen's by a week or two since I hadn't started playing the game yet. But I'm also expecting Pulses to get tapped with the bat in December, so I've also started sniffing around for good Hand Cannons.

Mupod

Good IB games last night! Thanks to everyone who joined the train!

Defender Titan + Invective + No BackUp Plans = everything. Shutting down supers. Putting a bubble for a secure heavy. So good.

I'll be on again tonight after a HM clear for more IB action.

this is how I roll in regular crucible just because it's a lot of fun. But I've started using Chaperone instead because it's so badass even if it's not as effective.

Invective is the perfect Trials/Skirmish shotgun though, for the ammo regen and blowing through overshields.

Top Bottom