• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Nothus

Hmmm.... Iron Bannana is finally worth the time, rank 5 rewards look good so far. 3 guaranteed 310+ drops are nice for the easy task of IB Clash.

Had fun yesterday, Clash is way better with randoms then Control. All weekly bounties done, now just to do dailies today and tomorrow on all 3 chars and rank 5 should be easy enough to get.

Can you explain how the multiple characters thing works please? I assumed each char would have their own IB rank - is this not the case?

LTWood12

Direct hit of Wrath will absolutely kill you. Next time you want to wipe a run just stand still when it starts. Or be a Warlock that needs extra life.

Edit: Damn, 55 posts in 7 hours. Oof. Gonna be tough to predict when I'll need to make the new OT

My boss had 1656 posts in 7 hours.

GutZ31

Direct hit of Wrath will absolutely kill you. Next time you want to wipe a run just stand still when it starts. Or be a Warlock that needs extra life.

Edit: Damn, 55 posts in 7 hours. Oof. Gonna be tough to predict when I'll need to make the new OT

make it now, and copy pasta it to a text file for quick deployment!
Like you don't already do something like that.

TyrantII

Once you hit Rank 2 your other characters will get double XP. Its quicker to get all 3 characters to lvl3 than 1 to lvl5

Winner

Assuming you can somewhat quickly get the three gold bounties done, you can get your 2 underleved characters from rank 0-5 by just doing the Golds on Monday if your main is rank 5 by then.

Each one becomes something rediculous like 3600 XP.

Last time it took me 90 min for 2/3.

Daemul

RIP Destiny

tumblr_inline_nv07pa9LnV1sef3pv_500.gif

PuMa

"Let's Talk Turkey"

As we all gear up for the upcoming holidays, we'll be taking some time next week with friends and family. That said, our December update is still in the works, and we can't wait to reveal those juicy nuggets soon.

"Rough Patch"
Last week we deployed patch # and we're still reviewing feedback. But last we heard the Gunsmith is booking a holiday vacation with all this glimmer he now has laying around.
If you haven't yet, take a gander at Tuesday's patch notes, found on Bungie.net.

Got Glimmer?
The Cryptarch is reporting a glitch when decrypting certain engrams and items lately. We think he's been overwhelmed by all of the new business he's gotten from Court of Oryx. Nevertheless, we're taking a look at the decryption process to make sure it's where it should be and we'll get back to you soon.

Sorry for such a short BWU, but we've got an update we want to finish before the holidays - hope you enjoy a heaping helping of goodies with family next week, Guardians.

Deej out

For a minute there, I thought I was reading an actual quote from DeeJ.

Missed ya in the IB train last night...

Nothus

Assuming you can somewhat quickly get the three gold bounties done, you can get your 2 underleved characters from rank 0-5 by just doing the Golds on Monday if your main is rank 5 by then.

Each one becomes something rediculous like 3600 XP.

Last time it took me 90 min for 2/3.

So do your alts get a bigger xp multiplier dependent on what rank your main is up to? ie a rank 5 main would give a bigger multiplier than only a rank 3 main?

GhaleonEB

How can Destiny be dad if Halo is dad

Two dad family?

As for the BWU, I am expecting some actual news. Deej ended the update before last thus:

Upon my return, we’ll talk to you more about that December update. We’ll also pass the mic to the Live Team. Once they’re done passing out candy, they’ll have more to say about what they’ll do next to keep Year Two fresh and filled with exciting experiences we can all enjoy. There’s more to come, and we’re anxious to tell you all about it.
I think the Live team is dropping more than just the Challenge modes next month, and hopefully we start to hear about it today.

So do your alts get a bigger xp multiplier dependent on what rank your main is up to? ie a rank 5 main would give a bigger multiplier than only a rank 3 main?

It's just double XP from when one character hits rank 2, after that it goes to whichever characters are the lowest level,

Kyne

sorry guys, been going through some personal stuff and have Destiny on the back-burner.

I'm sure the legs will grow back once the December update hits. Don't fret.

Saint9806

I love the fact that Bungie is giving players more options to go past 310 without HM Raid (310+ drops from IB) cuz quite frankly, I did normal raid 2x, sitting at 306 and am not very excited about HM Raid cuz I suck at platforming. With their being no checkpoints on those parts, I would just screw my team.

ethomaz

Banned
I like to play Desitny but I'm having less time every days lol

We are doing some rebuild of the house and I had to unplug all my electronics for two days to fix the stuffs in my room (we are painting now).

And I have a new girlfriend so I'm spending more time with her than playing :D

Lnkn52

We are doing some rebuild of the house and I had to unplug all my electronics for two days to fix the stuffs in my room (we are painting now).

Congrats. Hopefully we learned from your last encounter. :)

I love the fact that Bungie is giving players more options to go past 310 without HM Raid (310+ drops from IB) cuz quite frankly, I did normal raid 2x, sitting at 306 and am not very excited about HM Raid cuz I suck at platforming. With their being no checkpoints on those parts, I would just screw my team.
Yeah, it's great that there are more avenues for 310+ drops.

It also highlights how broken the raid loot distribution is though. It mind-boggling that doing trials bounties for an easy silver package is the only way to get 310+ exotics. IB rank 5 is a guaranteed 310+ ghost shell and random 310+ item whereas you can do the HM raid and get shit up to Oryx or a 310 drop.

Meanwhile, Bungie remains silent leaving us to assume it's 'working as intended' and someone actually thought this was acceptable.

GhaleonEB

Those are both very good priorities.

ethomaz

Banned
I need to clean up my vault but I don't know which Year 1 weapon I trash.
I have all Exotic and specific events Legendaries.
I have feelings for these weapons.

I want more space.

T-44

Neo Member

I want more space.
I'm in the same boat...it's odd to have feelings for weapons but the emotion is real

GorillaJu

I can't believe this IB match making system actually will put you 6 randoms vs 6 pre-made.

What the fuck :lol

This game has been out a year and there's shit like this in?

I want more space.
I trashed all my Y1 exotics that were brought over to Y2. Then I trashed the one's I knew I would never use since I can always just grab one out of the kiosk if needed (i.e. Dreg's Promise, Queensbreakers bow, P&T, hard light, necrochasm, NLB, dragon's breath, etc)

I still have all my old raid stuff though. I wish they'd add a collection for them.

Top Bottom