• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

LTWood12

Good IB games last night! Thanks to everyone who joined the train!

Defender Titan + Invective + No BackUp Plans = everything. Shutting down supers. Putting a bubble for a secure heavy. So good.

I'll be on again tonight after a HM clear for more IB action.

Sad I missed the train! Hopefully I can come aboard this evening.

this is how I roll in regular crucible just because it's a lot of fun. But I've started using Chaperone instead because it's so badass even if it's not as effective.

Invective is the perfect Trials/Skirmish shotgun though, for the ammo regen and blowing through overshields.

What do you roll in 6v6? Blessing or Armor? Using Armor seems selfish outside of Rumble.

I use invective because I am too lazy to go get special ammo lol

Sad I missed the train! Hopefully I can come aboard this evening.

Of course!

Got to rank 3, bought 280 chest piece.
Played a match afterwards, got 296 chest piece drop with better perks.

Hmm...

Oh, I also got a 295 ghost shell from doing the weekly crucible bounties.
Seriously, if you haven't done it yet, don't bother with the Shaxx quest. It's not fucking worth it.

This might be a silly question about PvP, but how do I die less?

If I could figure that out, that would solve a lot of problems.

What's your class and sub-class?

Apart from that, I can give some general advice. I'm actually in the process of helping a friend get used to playing in The Crucible.

From my experience, when you first start out the most jarring thing is learning the maps and its choke points. When the match starts, people tend to flock to certain areas and knowing how to get to these areas before they do, or flank them is pretty helpful.

While you're learning, I might suggest following another player or two around as support. Help in fire fights, and clean up the mess if he dies but doesn't eliminate his opponent. Power in numbers and all that.

Starting out, I would use the gun with which you're most comfortable. If you're trying to play into the meta and you're not used to those weapons, it'll affect your gameplay significantly. Once you're used to the maps, feel free to experiment.

LTWood12

Got to rank 3, bought 280 chest piece.
Played a match afterwards, got 296 chest piece drop with better perks.

Hmm...

Oh, I also got a 295 ghost shell from doing the weekly crucible bounties.
Seriously, if you haven't done it yet, don't bother with the Shaxx quest. It's not fucking worth it.

feel like I see a chest piece drop almost every game. I got one on the actual win that got me to rank 2.

coy

Does Not Bow with Icarus and Hip Fire. Well, that blows. Thanks for the runs Darknyss and Whisker!

Gonna be on the lookout for IB or KF groups throughout the day.

Mupod

What do you roll in 6v6? Blessing or Armor? Using Armor seems selfish outside of Rumble.

I use invective because I am too lazy to go get special ammo lol

Of course!

armor is really nice in Salvage and you can get kills on people who think they are going to be able to shotgun you down assuming you're running Blessing. But yeah, Blessing is the smart thing for team support. I actually run Weapons sometimes because it doesn't interfere with Force Barrier like Blessing does. It also lets teammates bodyshot kill people with snipers and now that I think about it, it would turn Chaperone into a one shot from some crazy distances.

I do gear for max strength, my Titan finds a lot of int/strength stuff which works out. So basically every shotgun kill I make is a force barrier, my melee ends up at something like 60-70% charge by the time the barrier expires.

LTWood12

I've noticed the blue weapons that drop as post-game rewards from iron banner matches are regularly giving me 3 WP per dismantle (not putting any xp into them). Ones I get out in PvE activities almost always give me one WP. It's like these weren't affected by the economy nerf last month.

I've noticed the blue weapons that drop as post-game rewards from iron banner matches are regularly giving me 3 WP per dismantle (not putting any xp into them). Ones I get out in PvE activities almost always give me one WP. It's like these weren't affected by the economy nerf last month.

Certain things weren't. I wanna say Prison of Elder weapon drops(And chest drops?) weren't affected by the economy nerf.

edit: that 40 mb gif just killed by phone, thanks :/

Ahhh.

Does it drop at a higher level from Nightfall?

Nightfall bosses now only drop the strike exclusive legendary, no others. So it's your best to farm the strike if you're after a particular piece of loot, in this case, taniks cloak.

If Taniks drops you a legendary, it will either be a cloak or the auto rifle.

So yes, the chance is way higher compared to regular or heroic strikes where other legendary items get added to the loot drop.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Game world must have rebooted while I was checking my vault.
I'm stuck in it now. Start button and B button infinitely loop me through my character screen.

After reading about people losing all of their vault gear I am a little concerned about shutting the game down while I'm stuck here.

coy

Game world must have rebooted while I was checking my vault.
I'm stuck in it now. Start button and B button infinitely loop me through my character screen.

After reading about people losing all of their vault gear I am a little concerned about shutting the game down while I'm stuck here.
This happened to me the other day (on PS4) and I had the same concern. It ended up fine for me. I went to view my inventory to find which weapon to place in the vault but somehow I was unable to exit.

Edit: I didn't try the touchpad but glad to know there's a solution.

Mindlog

This happened to me the other day (on PS4) and I had the same concern. It ended up fine for me. I went to view my inventory to find which weapon to place in the vault but somehow I was unable to exit.

Edit: I didn't try the touchpad but glad to know there's a solution.
I didn't know about the touchpad either, but would be surprised if I didn't try that. I was jamming on all the buttons when it happened to me.

Patch happened, now the Iron Banner faction xp thingy has disappeared from the quest page lol.

Edit: And the Iron Banner area in the tower is closed.

Top Bottom