• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

ethomaz

Banned
I trashed all my Y1 exotics that were brought over to Y2. Then I trashed the one's I knew I would never use since I can always just grab one out of the kiosk if needed (i.e. Dreg's Promise, Queensbreakers bow, P&T, hard light, necrochasm, NLB, dragon's breath, etc)

I still have all my old raid stuff though. I wish they'd add a collection for them.
Great ideia ;)

Yeah, it's great that there are more avenues for 310+ drops.

It also highlights how broken the raid loot distribution is though. It mind-boggling that doing trials bounties for an easy silver package is the only way to get 310+ exotics. IB rank 5 is a guaranteed 310+ ghost shell and random 310+ item whereas you can do the HM raid and get shit up to Oryx or a 310 drop.

Meanwhile, Bungie remains silent leaving us to assume it's 'working as intended' and someone actually thought this was acceptable.
I have SO MANY 311 infusion rifles and sniper rifles. :(

GorillaJu

Down by 2000 points against a pre-made that camp snipe the same spot entire game.

pop hammers, 4 down
teammate kills 3 with a void bomb, 5 orbs
big tether makes more orbs
hammers again
score is 9870 to 9830
10 second warning, run away till time out

get rekt, boys :*)

PuMa

Down by 2000 points against a pre-made that camp snipe the same spot entire game.

pop hammers, 4 down
hammers again
score is 9870 to 9830

BRB, changing clan name to 'get rekt boys'

StMeph

Dat RNG:

i8FavnR.jpg

It took a few games to get used to Lyudmila, but after making the adjustment I am liking it next to my Full-Auto Hawksaw. Not sure if I would totally replace it, though. Also haven't messed with the PDX-45 at all yet.

TyrantII

So do your alts get a bigger xp multiplier dependent on what rank your main is up to? ie a rank 5 main would give a bigger multiplier than only a rank 3 main?

It's 2x if your main is at least a rank above. The there's the daily buff that grows; by Monday it brings the last day to something like close to 200%. Add in the emblem, shader, class items and the Rep on Monday for the lower alts is rediculous.

3 Gold bounties is more than enough

Nuszka

I can't believe this IB match making system actually will put you 6 randoms vs 6 pre-made.

What the fuck :lol

This game has been out a year and there's shit like this in?

Had the same situation an hour ago and i just shrugged it off, on top of that we won against a full fire team.
Yet we still keep on playing it, its destiny i say, we have had over a year to get used to it lol

pop hammers, 4 down
hammers again
score is 9870 to 9830

Juuuuustiiiiice

GorillaJu

Had the same situation an hour ago and i just shrugged it off, on top of that we won against a full fire team.
Yet we still keep on playing it, its destiny i say, we have had over a year to get used to it lol

Yeah the dota community had this discussion a long time ago. You don't lose them every time and beating a pre-made is more satisfying, but it doesn't make up for the sheer misery you have to undergo the other 4 out of every 5 games.

The devs kept insisting that it'd be fine because matchmaking compensates in player skill when one team has organizational advantage. Ultimately they reneged on that idea and just made it so that solos match against solos except when the player pool is extremely small, and 5-man teams only match against 5-man teams. It's miserable and just not fun to deal with otherwise.

edukate

so I haven't beat HM Oryx- hopefully there's a GAF graveyard shift Fri night (est)- and was wondering if shards will impact loot drops...

or are they only redeemable against NM Oryx?

Last night I got matched into a 5 on 4 and it stayed like that the entire game.

I've seen something happen here where the game breaks. Not sure if this was your scenario, but this is what I've seen.

Game starts as a 4v4. Alpha is a premade of 4 people, Bravo team is 2 and 2 randoms.

Alpha has a friend join the party, to which the players tell him there is room, so join us really quick. He does. Friend gets put on Bravo for some reason.

Alpha stays at 4 people, Bravo stays at 5.

I think matchmaking breaks because the system somehow sees the new person on both teams, and doesn't know how to add people according, so it just stops working.

I've seen this happen a few times, but not enough that I would feel confident in stating it is a sure thing.

Good IB games last night! Thanks to everyone who joined the train!

Defender Titan + Invective + No BackUp Plans = everything. Shutting down supers. Putting a bubble for a secure heavy. So good.

I'll be on again tonight after a HM clear for more IB action.

so I haven't beat HM Oryx- hopefully there's a GAF graveyard shift Fri night (est)- and was wondering if shards will impact loot drops...

You can redeem shards on Hard Mode Oryx if you haven't redeemed them on Normal Mode. The loot drops themselves though... yeah, let's not talk about 'em.

I think a fair number of people are online on Friday nights, but these days most of the regulars are on leave from Destiny, so you might have trouble finding people.

Shards will net you an extra normal drop. You can use them for HM Oyrx if you haven't done NM yet.

If you already did, I don't think they would be redeemed, but can't confirm 100%. I haven't done NM since HM came out. It just wouldn't make any sense since shards have nothing to do with HM.

This might be a silly question about PvP, but how do I die less?

If I could figure that out, that would solve a lot of problems.

Best advice I can give is to run away from fights you can't win and be more aware of your position in relation to the enemy. Also, don't drink half a bottle of wine and switch to your warlock. That .5 KDR match I had...woof.

Where would you say you are on this scale?

PvP Beginner: Learning the various weapons, how to use them and how they are used against you.

PvP Novice: Learning about ammo crates and their timers, and taking advantage of them.

PvP Amatuer: Learning counters to weapons and super. Learning sight lines and advanced map geometry.

PvP Expert: Learning spawn zones, points, and weighting. Which zones to control and why. The ways to approach those zones, break through, and control them as you see fit.

I'm not very good at PvP, but I'll try to list what's helped me not be a complete pushover:

1. NEVER run into an area if you see more than one or two red blips on your radar, UNLESS, you have a couple of meat shields around you.

2. Never let a shotgunner or titan run towards you. Dodge, duck, bob, weave, jump, slip, slide away or shoot 'em in the head before they get close.

3. Another useful tactic is to NEVER engage enemies outside the range that is your comfort zone. I try to always stay at mid-range and never stay in the same place for too long, in order to break line of sights for snipers.

4. Also, if you hear the following sounds, you should run the opposite way, weaving in and out of obstacles to break line of sight:

Sunbreaker super
Stormcaller super
Gunslinger super

You can only defeat them by hitting them from their blindspot.

5. Lastly, I've seen that using the Shadestep on a Nightstalker can save you in situations where you round a corner to find a sniper glint awaiting you. I also sit on my nightstalker super unless I hear a sunbreaker, stormcaller or gunslinger coming towards me. As a defender, the Supression Grenade is awesome for shutting down supers so I usually don't use it unless I need to shut down someone's super.

Dat RNG:

It took a few games to get used to Lyudmila, but after making the adjustment I am liking it next to my Full-Auto Hawksaw. Not sure if I would totally replace it, though. Also haven't messed with the PDX-45 at all yet.

I've also got a full auto Hawksaw and they are very different feels (well, as different as pulse rifles can feel...) but honestly I like them both.

I've had a god rolled Lyudmila for awhile now and it's still usually my go-to for Trials but the Hawksaw does just as well. It's a trade off: Lyudmila destroys if you hit your two bursts but it's so slow you're in trouble if you miss one. Hawksaw w full auto is so fast you can miss more shots and still get away w it but sometimes feels like you're just tickling people.

Tuesday night I was loving my Tread Upon Stars w Zen Moment, Third Eye and Hand Laid Stock (dropped during one of the recent Value Nightfalls). It still gets beat by Nirwens in a straight up 1v1 due to bullshit stagger and pulses being too effective even at medium-long range. But it's a blast to use and can dominate on the few long range friendly maps like Shores of Time.

PuMa

Best advice I can give is to run away from fights you can't win and be more aware of your position in relation to the enemy. Also, don't drink half a bottle of wine and switch to your warlock. That .5 KDR match I had...woof.

At least you didn't START off with a 0.5 KDR match. I got better after that, fortunately.

Good IB games last night! Thanks to everyone who joined the train!

Defender Titan + Invective + No BackUp Plans = everything. Shutting down supers. Putting a bubble for a secure heavy. So good.

I'll be on again tonight after a HM clear for more IB action.

Gonna try Defender + Immobius + NBP tonight. For funs.

Gonna try Defender + Immobius + NBP tonight. For wins.

Fixed. I'm a Defender main and it's very powerful. My rumble K/D is 1.75 right now. Immobius is good, but you will lose out to Conspiracy Theory, so be careful.

I love being a Defender. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to play as one in Trials.

PuMa

Fixed. I'm a Defender main and it's very powerful. My rumble K/D is 1.75 right now. Immobius is good, but you will lose out to Conspiracy Theory, so be careful.

I love being a Defender. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to play as one in Trials.

LOL.

I do usually use Invective or CT (when not sniping) but I like some variety! I haven't even tried Immobius once yet. More of a novelty option, I'm guessing.

I guess Bungie "fixed" the grimoire cards for the Daughters. Never bothered to grab them through that sneaking Crota mission, and got both from finishing Daughters during HM last night.

LOL.

I do usually use Invective or CT (when not sniping) but I like some variety! I haven't even tried Immobius once yet. More of a novelty option, I'm guessing.

I actually use Immobius quite a bit, especially when I run rocket boots and Truth (4 rounds of glory). Immobius is a solid performer if you use it like Invective. It has similar stats, but half the range, so it is less forgiving. It's perfect for use in a Bubble (naturally), but it's also great for skating and getting in someone's face with it. Invective is a monster, so nothing is going to really compete with it (just like Truth). Invective does create bad habits for me, though, in that I stop controlling special ammo spawns.

When I try to go to Bungie.net it fails, but when I check the "Is it down for everyone or just me" websites, they say it's up. I think I know why I get that mismatch. I got this message after Bungie.net failed to load:

This page (https://www.bungie.net/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site.​

Thanks for the quick NF. Good thing Taniks dropped like a sack o' potatoes or else I may have been salty about that Cloak reward :-/

Edit: and I don't mean a Tanniks cloak, lol. Just a regular ass ugly cloak aka 3 legendary marks

I gotta get on that Sleeper Stimulant. Thanks for the quick NF!
NP, thanks for the help. Nighthawk does a ton of damage but didn't one shot. I jumped too. Wonder if requires tether too.

Also, doing more until I get the cloak or bored. Not even going to bother switching characters since the loot sucks.

GlamFM

Banned
When I try to go to Bungie.net it fails, but when I check the "Is it down for everyone or just me" websites, they say it's up. I think I know why I get that mismatch. I got this message after Bungie.net failed to load:

This page (https://www.bungie.net/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site.​

Up for me.

That makes sense. The app even works and loads your characters, but you can't load individual stats of your characters.

It's very odd.

Up for me.

See if you can look at your game history.

Top Bottom