• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

OT 37: We've got tombs, space, and crafting too, guys. Guys?

I should do some iron banner today.

I'm tempted to dust off an old chestnut I'd nominated during one of the previous down times. It was popular at the time and I'd have an appropriate The Last Word ready to roll, but it's a tad on the negative side. Fingers crossed that Bungie finally gives us something to look forward to before the end of this OT.

The problem with a title referencing the down time is either (1) we'll be stuck with it a long time and/or (2) something exciting will happen to pick things back up and the title won't be relevant. Most OTs are gone so quickly it's easy for the title to stay relevant while the current title is broad enough to cover the slack.

I just had the trials chest piece drop just at rank 1 , I thought you only got drops after rank 2 (it was my alt, my main is rank 2)

From earlier for weekly update predictions; Photos of what Deej ate on holiday, stuff on that sherpa nonsense and in a megaton challenge mode will be next week

spyder_ur

Is it possible they stealth nerfed tripmines? I was getting a ton of hit markers yesterday where it felt like they should have been kills.

GhaleonEB

Any predictions for the BWU today?

Expectations: Some preview of December update features, probably KF challenge modes as they have already been announced. This is what Deej set expectations to when he left for vacation.

Hopes: Interview / update segment from the Live team, as Deej alluded to in his last BWU two weeks ago, though that's not guaranteed for this this week.

Pipe Dream: Live Team outlines their planned content drop cadence and December update, sans secretz.

Lnkn52

I'm tempted to dust off an old chestnut I'd nominated during one of the previous down times. It was popular at the time and I'd have an appropriate The Last Word ready to roll, but it's a tad on the negative side. Fingers crossed that Bungie finally gives us something to look forward to before the end of this OT.

The problem with a title referencing the down time is either (1) we'll be stuck with it a long time and/or (2) something exciting will happen to pick things back up and the title won't be relevant. Most OTs are gone so quickly it's easy for the title to stay relevant while the current title is broad enough to cover the slack.

No one every understands the themes of the OT titles anyways....

I just had the trials chest piece drop just at rank 1 , I thought you only got drops after rank 2 (it was my alt, my main is rank 2)

From earlier for weekly update predictions; Photos of what Deej ate on holiday, stuff on that sherpa nonsense and in a megaton challenge mode will be next week

Drops relate to your further progressed character. So when one character has hit Rank 5, alternate characters will have a chance to get anything that's capable of dropping at Rank 5, regardless of what their personal rank is.

Sort of similar to how when one character has finished the Crucible quest line, all characters get access to the Crucible weekly bounties.

But if you're like me and were super lucky to get a 306 artifact from your gold trials package on an alt, you can get the full infusion boost!

I was also lucky enough to get a 300 artifact this past week from my gold package! A whole 300! Golly.

Yeah I ninja-edited in the Trials possibility. And I guess if you get three 310s you could get at least one lower light guy up. The artifact perks are just so bland it doesn't seem worth building around, unless you get a nice stat roll since they do have high stats.

Challenge mode is the only thing I'd be excited to see in the BWU. I want to know more details about the December patch but I'm assuming that's still too far away. I don't know why they'd hold back the Challenges any longer, the game can't get much deader than it is.

LTWood12

Yeah I ninja-edited in the Trials possibility. And I guess if you get three 310s you could get at least one lower light guy up. The artifact perks are just so bland it doesn't seem worth building around, unless you get a nice stat roll since they do have high stats.

It's a shitty reward with some value for this specific iron banner. If we see it again in the next one there will be salt. Etheric light was a great value from packages back in the early HoW days. I'd like to see something of similar utility. Hell I'd take a 100 weapon parts.

No one every understands the themes of the OT titles anyways....

Lol tell me about it. I brought great shame on my DGAF family when Dan Miller kindly did that long Q&A after the Mercury run w Twilight. In my defense I had some family stuff come up right after the run so I wasn't around to ask that most important question.

Maybe we can do another run this week so I can redeem myself and finally crack the case....

Is it possible they stealth nerfed tripmines? I was getting a ton of hit markers yesterday where it felt like they should have been kills.

Trip mine has never killed max armor Guardians unless it was a direct stick. Afaik they didn't change anything but who knows w these patches that do random things like break blue leg engrams.

spyder_ur

It's a shitty reward with some value for this specific iron banner. If we see it again in the next one there will be salt. Etheric light was a great value from packages back in the early HoW days. I'd like to see something of similar utility. Hell I'd take a 100 weapon parts.

It strikes me as the exact opposite - 310 artifact would actually be great for my alts. Not everyone raids. Some people mess up fast-forwarding their Kings Fall questlines and never get the item.

Challenge mode is the only thing I'd be excited to see in the BWU. I want to know more details about the December patch but I'm assuming that's still too far away. I don't know why they'd hold back the Challenges any longer, the game can't get much deader than it is.

I'm interested to see what it is and the rewards are but if (as speculated) its just for a 320 artefact i'll be disappointed. Like you I'm more interested in the December patch

Got 314 1000yd

if i have a 318 wpn will it make my 1000 318?

It should do

I'm never going to wear this IB armor. I don't know why I'm collecting it. I didn't wear the last two sets and I'm not going to start now.
The trials armor just looks so much better.

Dave_6

It strikes me as the exact opposite - 310 artifact would actually be great for my alts. Not everyone raids. Some people mess up fast-forwarding their Kings Fall questlines and never get the item.

I need to switch over to my alts just to get that artifact on each one.

Lnkn52

Expectations: Some preview of December update features, probably KF challenge modes as they have already been announced. This is what Deej set expectations to when he left for vacation.

Hopes: Interview / update segment from the Live team, as Deej alluded to in his last BWU two weeks ago, though that's not guaranteed for this this week.

Pipe Dream: Live Team outlines their planned content drop cadence and December update, sans secretz.

Even though it wasn't a fan favorite, I would like a return of the walk through streams where they had the designer speak about the maps and why certain things were cerated that way, especially for KF.

And they have not streamed since that bad PvP fiasco.

Really? Is this 100%? That would be pretty great news for me since I messed up when I was trying to fast-forward the 310 artifact quest on my alts and was probably never going to bother to do the quest. Sitting on 300 artifacts on 2 characters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...banner_reward_package_confirmed_rank_5_drops/

cjRcee1.png

Even though it wasn't a fan favorite, I would like a return of the walk through streams where they had the designer speak about the maps and why certain things were cerated that way, especially for KF.

And they have not streamed since that bad PvP fiasco.

Bad PvP fiasco?

Huh? Last stream I remember is the Pre-TTK streams.

Shiv47

I was quite happy to get the 310 IB artifact for my main, as I hadn't finished the Eris quest for the raid artifact, and now I don't have to be in any hurry to do so. I'd been using a 300 artifact for ages.

spyder_ur

I'm always just curious. Expectations? They're always fairly low but of course the part of me that loves Destiny wants to gear good news :p

Fair enough, but then some people come in here all pissy after reading it about one thing or another...seems like a weird cycle to get yourself into when we've read 60 of these things.

I need to switch over to my alts just to get that artifact on each one.

You can't switch artifacts....right? Silly Dave.

Edit: Those rewards actually seem pretty decent - might play more IB than I expected to.

Shiv47

Is the Taikonaut rocket tracking perk worth equipping it for at all, if you have a RL without G&H? I've never used the helmet before, and rarely use rockets outside of occasional PvP use.

Fair enough, but then some people come in here all pissy after reading it about one thing or another...seems like a weird cycle to get yourself into when we've read 60 of these things.

You can't switch artifacts....right? Silly Dave.

Edit: Those rewards actually seem pretty decent - might play more IB than I expected to.

Other than bringing back Weapon Parts for the masses, the past couple of months have been either lackluster or bad (Economy Nerf). I think that the economy nerf really made a lot of us have negative feelings towards updates. Also because the main thing people do these days is raiding and they haven't mentioned anything about our poor drops. As long as they continue to ignore that, people will be mad, I imagine.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Does the Iron Companion Plate Chest add to the tempered bonus/is there any reason to keep it?

GhaleonEB

BWU update:

Deej: Fuck you

End of BWU update.

In case anyone still wonders why Bungie doesn't post here much (many folks DO read the forum) - stuff like this probably has something to do with it. I see a lot of "why doesn't Deej and company post here?" mixed in with "fuck Bungie, where are mah weapon parts?"

Aside from that, it's needlessly insulting to Deej. He's got issues communicating sometimes but he doesn't deserve that.

Um, hi top of the page. Stay classy, DGAF!

Here is a nice chart for when you should use all of your IB weekly bounties if you are saving them for the XP turn ins.

zllFb5R.png

I think I'm like 1200 of Rank 3 right now. So by tomorrow, I should be able to just log in, turn in all 3 of my weeklies, and hit rank 4 instantly.

Is the Taikonaut rocket tracking perk worth equipping it for at all, if you have a RL without G&H? I've never used the helmet before, and rarely use rockets outside of occasional PvP use.

Personally, without G&H, I dislike tracking because it often causes the rockets to miss when I could've just benefited from the splash damage caused by shooting a straight-shot into the area around the targets.

I'd say it isn't worth it.

Top Bottom