• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Jabronium

Other than bringing back Weapon Parts for the masses, the past couple of months have been either lackluster or bad (Economy Nerf). I think that the economy nerf really made a lot of us have negative feelings towards updates. Also because the main thing people do these days is raiding and they haven't mentioned anything about our poor drops. As long as they continue to ignore that, people will be mad, I imagine.

The longer they're silent on the raid drops, the more it seems like progression actually is working as intended, which is rather aggravating. I just got home from work and realized I haven't logged in all week, and I really have no desire to do so for now. Hopefully we hear something on challenge modes sooner rather than later, including something that will make them worthwhile.

Here is a nice chart for when you should use all of your IB weekly bounties if you are saving them for the XP turn ins.

zllFb5R.png

I think I'm like 1200 of Rank 3 right now. So by tomorrow, I should be able to just log in, turn in all 3 of my weeklies, and hit rank 4 instantly.

You need Rank 4 to turn in one of the weeklies... so you mean you'd hit rank 5?

phen0m24

Anguish of Drystan?
Tis but trash. Time to infuse.
And still no helmet.

Who is the floater?
Drizz please cover my totem
It's all ogre now

Piston or phallus?
No time to decide. Just jump.
Splat. Guardian down.

RNG please. Helm?
Did smart loot happen at last?
Nah. Three eleven.

Not the warlock jump
To the Daughters by reset
Oh crap that's a wipe

Warpriest quite angry
Might be so constipated
Have you seen his feet?

Just plays once a week
Clan change every 5 minutes
Unstable light. Live.

Talking like Yoda
Atop the boxes. Jumping.
Twilight Gap changed things.

Giver of checkpoints
He is R2. Not D2.
IRAWRasaurus

LTWood12

Anguish of Drystan?
Tis but trash. Time to infuse.
And still no helmet.

Who is the floater?
Drizz please cover my totem
It's all ogre now

Piston or phallus?
No time to decide. Just jump.
Splat. Guardian down.

RNG please. Helm?
Did smart loot happen at last?
Nah. Three eleven.

Not the warlock jump
To the Daughters by reset
Oh crap that's a wipe

Warpriest quite angry
Might be so constipated
Have you seen his feet?

Just plays once a week
Clan change every 5 minutes
Unstable light. Live.

Talking like Yoda
Atop the boxes. Jumping.
Twilight Gap changed things.

Giver of checkpoints
He is R2. Not D2.
IRAWRasaurus

I've got the brand.
You can get off your platforms
Guardian Down! Fuck.

keakster

Anyone interested in helping me out with Skolas? Never really got into HoW and just want this for grimoire completion.

psn: keakster

Here is a nice chart for when you should use all of your IB weekly bounties if you are saving them for the XP turn ins.

zllFb5R.png

I think I'm like 1200 of Rank 3 right now. So by tomorrow, I should be able to just log in, turn in all 3 of my weeklies, and hit rank 4 instantly.
How do you turn in all 3 weeklies to hit rank 4? :D (Think about it.)

Yeah, he probably meant 5 turning in all 3.

Just to clarify, because I wasn't trying to highlight a typo mistake for the sake of it, I was trying to see if it was a typo or if I'm incorrect in the idea that the rank amounts are all equal. I've never actually paid attention to the specifics of the amounts for IB.

Lol tell me about it. I brought great shame on my DGAF family when Dan Miller kindly did that long Q&A after the Mercury run w Twilight. In my defense I had some family stuff come up right after the run so I wasn't around to ask that most important question.

Maybe we can do another run this week so I can redeem myself and finally crack the case....

Trip mine has never killed max armor Guardians unless it was a direct stick. Afaik they didn't change anything but who knows w these patches that do random things like break blue leg engrams.

Dan is the man, I remember playing vault of glass with him as he designed the first part of it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In case anyone still wonders why Bungie doesn't post here much (many folks DO read the forum) - stuff like this probably has something to do with it. I see a lot of "why doesn't Deej and company post here?" mixed in with "fuck Bungie, where are mah weapon parts?"

Aside from that, it's needlessly insulting to Deej. He's got issues communicating sometimes but he doesn't deserve that.

Um, hi top of the page. Stay classy, DGAF!
ship has long sailed

phen0m24

I've got the brand.
You can get off your platforms
Guardian Down! Fuck.

I'll come get your rez
Bladedance! Triple Kill. Again.
Drizz to the rescue.

Professor to noobs
Fearless bane of the Cryptarch
Hawkian's Sine wave.

There was this story...
He posting again or still?
Nami in top 10.

She curses lag deaths
And pulse rifles. and Nami.
Guardian Lord Fig.

Kyoufu

In case anyone still wonders why Bungie doesn't post here much (many folks DO read the forum) - stuff like this probably has something to do with it. I see a lot of "why doesn't Deej and company post here?" mixed in with "fuck Bungie, where are mah weapon parts?"

Aside from that, it's needlessly insulting to Deej. He's got issues communicating sometimes but he doesn't deserve that.

I agree, I've said the same thing before too.

However I would prefer to talk to actual developers who have a hand in the design decisions being made for the game rather than a community manager tbh.

LTWood12

I'll come get your rez
Bladedance! Triple Kill. Again.
Drizz to the rescue.

Professor to noobs
Fearless bane of the Cryptarch
Hawkian's Sine wave.

There was this story...
He posting again or still?
Nami in top 10.

She curses lag deaths
And pulse rifles. and Nami.
Guardian Lord Fig.

Kindergarten Cop
King of the Hill. Variks.
Colonel O'Corn

What armor pieces are actually being sold by Saladin this time?

Chest and gauntlets. You're likely to get them from drops. I see armor drop almost every match.

Ghazi

However I would prefer to talk to actual developers who have a hand in the design decisions being made for the game rather than a community manager tbh.
I get what you're saying, but the community manager is the voice those developers talk through.

Deku Tree

I'm all for keeping gaf and DGAF classy and I don't like the negative bad language personal attack posts in the slightest, but I see no evidence that this is the reason Deej doesn't post here... Bungie people regularly post on b.net and that place can be a cesspool. Reddit can be pretty horrible at times too. The kind of post you are describing is pretty tame by b.net standards.

Yeah, Deej is more of a "I'm listening" type of person, while someone like Luke is more of a "I'll tell you how it is" type of person.

Keep in mind Deej doesn't really play destiny like we do. He wouldn't be able to relate to our issues anyway.

I'm perfectly fine with Luke popping in here every so often with the occasional cameo appearance by Urk.

inthrall

I agree, but 90%+ of the player base needs to be managed without getting their feelings in a twist over some strange/unclear wording, so both are valid really

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Asking again for new page

A) does IB equipment (bought/drops) give tempered standing bonus?

B) anyone wanna help me do the gatekeeper NTTE quest? Should be quick

I wasn't insulting Deej with that post. Just being a bit tongue in cheek about the BWUs. Remember when he trolled us about his boss having a million weapon parts?

I do think Bungie reads these threads, there may even be Bungie plants among us.

Anyway, someone ping me when DestinyGAF gets featured on Community Focus.

I wasn't insulting Deej with that post. Just being a bit tongue in cheek about the BWUs. Remember when he trolled us about his boss having a million weapon parts?

I do think Bungie reads these threads, there may even be Bungie plants among us.

Anyway, someone ping me when DestinyGAF gets featured on Community Focus.

I applied for a job at Bungie last week. If I stop posting as much, then you'll know I've become a double agent.

>_>

XenoRaven

I applied for a job at Bungie last week. If I stop posting as much, then you'll know I've become a double agent.

>_>
Good luck man. If you get it, pls refer me. You have no idea who I am or if I'm a good worker or not but I watch your stream sometimes so that has to count for something.

Zocano

Oh hey, this game is still a thing. I'll be back for some Iron Banner fun on sunday most likely. Tempered Buff is pretty OP and would easily be enough to get all my characters to Rank 5 in no time. Otherwise, back to Fallout!

LTWood12

I think I want both on my hunter.. They still cost legendary marks to buy?

Yes. You get 25 marks apiece for doing the weekly Iron Banner bounties too. My Titan (my main) is barely over rank 2 and has already gotten a chest w/ Int/Disc, Pulse/Fusion ammo (Or what I call the Hawkian special), and Increased armor for arc subclass. Dropped at 294.

It literally dropped on the match I achieved rank 2.

Top Bottom