• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

zewone

Dance Machines over Bones?

Cr7ih.gif

GhaleonEB

It forced people to play their game the way they didn't want them too.
I see this a lot, but the actual reason is the exact opposite. It was so dominant in PvE that using something else (other than Black Hammer pre-nerf) was less desirable, much like with the 'Horn. They want more viable options, not one best solution to every situation, which is what Ice Breaker was for snipers.

I'm surprised the list is still going. So far at least 12 returning exotics in December plus two new ones is pretty great.

Lnkn52

I see this a lot, but the actual reason is the exact opposite. It was so dominant in PvE that using something else (other than Black Hammer pre-nerf) was less desirable, much like with the 'Horn. They want more viable options, not one best solution to every situation, which is what Ice Breaker was for snipers.

I'm surprised the list is still going. So far at least 12 returning exotics in December plus two new ones is pretty great.
Exactly my Pont

i mean i don't know what you expect putting regenerating ammo on a sniper rifle.

Yup. Not sure what they were thinking. I don't think they realized how much people would cheese stuff. Now that there aren't as many encounters you can cheese though they should bring it back. It would no longer be the sniper of choice.

Safe bet there is still one more Titan and warlock exotic since hunters are up to three.

DGAF what's good? Been away for a while since I injured my back and switched isp's. But I'm back now. Playing Battlefront and Destiny. Got a couple things I'd like to do:

Trials of Osiris - Never played

King's Fall Raid - Haven't gotten past Golgoroth

Vault of Glass - Need to beat Atheon for the FWC exotic mission

Crota's End - Still need a Crux of Crota.

A Sword Reforged Quest - Need to beat Ethcar

Prison of Elders - Want to do some Skolas runs to get my rank up to 3 so I can get the ships and the shaders

Nightfall

Anybody want to help? I'm free to be on all night. Just let me know if you wa.t to help with anything. Thanks ahead of time.

PSN - Japanmanx3

There should be a good deal more still. The armor from Y1 for each class is already listed on Bungie's Armory, so the only "surprise" stuff is the weapons really.

I can't get too excited about Bungie making old exotics relevant again. I'm glad they're doing it but it's like finding 5 bucks in your pocket. It feels like you got something but you haven't really.

I can't get too excited about Bungie making old exotics relevant again. I'm glad they're doing it but it's like finding 5 bucks in your pocket. It feels like you got something but you haven't really.

It's all been left to late, it's not as if we have to depend on RNG we already own the fucking things

GhaleonEB

There should be a good deal more still. The armor from Y1 for each class is already listed on Bungie's Armory, so the only "surprise" stuff is the weapons really.

I'm pretty surprised it was this many for year 1; once it was clear the exotics were going to be spread out over time, I thought that would be the case with the year 1 stuff as well. Seems more likely we'll get most of the year 1 in December, and then new ones through 2016.

Hopefully they wrap up the reveals with the two new ones.
Yup. Not happy about that. I really don't like drip feeding. Make your game fun and good and people will keep playing. Holding stuff back shows a lack of confidence in the staying power of their game.

The exotics that were phased in after the TTK launch was a drip feed. I'm guessing these were not in with TTK because they were not ready to be released with TTK.

Jinjo

I don't get why Hard Light hasn't been Year 2 yet especially since it is an Omolon weapon

Yeah and it also became really good after they buffed it before TTK. Never got to use to use it much because of the low attack value, would love to see it in Y2.

Especially in our new AR meta, an AR with no range drop off? Yes please.

Nicodemic

DGAF what's good? Been away for a while since I injured my back and switched isp's. But I'm back now. Playing Battlefront and Destiny. Got a couple things I'd like to do:

Prison of Elders - Want to do some Skolas runs to get my rank up to 3 so I can get the ships and the shaders

Nightfall

Anybody want to help? I'm free to be on all night. Just let me know if you wa.t to help with anything. Thanks ahead of time.

PSN - Japanmanx3

Keep me in mind for all that stuff. I'm already on your friend list. Can't play tonight but when online i'll be ready to help.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Nightfall

PSN - Japanmanx3
Keep your eyes peeled for Newbie raids (I rotate through each raid one per week) if you have trouble getting runs in for those. An HM CE newbie raid shouldn't be out of the question at all at this point...

They're usually on Thursday nights but the next one (which is VoG) will be on Saturday the 28th.

Lnkn52

I loaded on exotic chests engrams. Cryptarch I'm praying from here to December.

Keep your eyes peeled for Newbie raids (I rotate through each raid one per week) if you have trouble getting runs in for those. An HM CE newbie raid shouldn't be out of the question at all at this point...

They're usually on Thursday nights but the next one (which is VoG) will be on Saturday the 28th.
Oh, I know who's a great a candidate for the refer a friend.

The exotics that were phased in after the TTK launch was a drip feed. I'm guessing these were not in with TTK because they were not ready to be released with TTK.

What do you mean by not ready? The year 1 stuff is just a light change and exotics like Twilight Garrison are already owned by a few people and have been for quite a while.

Lnkn52

I just realized I didn't follow that whole deal close enough to know how it works, what's the story?

It still hasn't been fully revealed but it has to do with helping sherpa new destiny owners through a raid.

Show 'Em the Ropes

Last week, Cozmo foretold of a new program to honor and reward the Sherpas among us. I’m back to tell you it’s all true!

The Holiday season is rolling in like a cold-weather front. With it, many Kinderguardians will join us in the Tower to find shelter from the cold of winter – and, just maybe, the friendship needed to survive a Quest. Take one under your mighty wing of Light and we’ll reward your mentorship.

Refer-A-Friend begins on Monday, November 23rd.

You may have a new ally (with shiny new disc in hand) that’s waiting for you to link to them and begin the journey. Perhaps your friend is waiting for a holiday sale scheduled for Black Friday. No matter when you find the time to be right, there will be a new page on Bungie.net that will reveal everything you need to link up and start progressing together.

Stay tuned for the official announcement. For the time being, your friends in Destiny Player Support have more details.

Namikaze1

So 2 new exotics and several year 1 upgrades.

The two exotics are gonna end up being Twilight Garrison and that hunter chest piece. Calling it now.

Please, for the love of all things Traveler, let Necrochasm be one of the new year 1 upgrades. Give me that year 2 Necrochasm! I have to shoot Oryx with Crota's essence!
Called the new exotics at least.

Top Bottom