• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Trakan

The exotics that were phased in after the TTK launch was a drip feed. I'm guessing these were not in with TTK because they were not ready to be released with TTK.

They had no problem advertising said exotics in screens/vids before TTK launched. They did the same with 347 Vesta Dynasty (Boolean Gemini) for House of Wolves.

Super shady move.

GhaleonEB

While we wait for the next exotic reveal, just an observation / critique about the BWU. Over the run of last year I thought Deej's writing and updates got better - a bit more to the point and with less translation needed, especially at the end of the year. Sometimes he has a tendency to avoid outright saying things, but rather making every sentence a sort of puzzle, and it really reared up in the exotic engram section of the BWU.

Not doing this to be mean, just to note that it made for really tiring reading. I wish he would just say what he meant.

We’re infusing loot tables with some more gold to mine from your action. Two of them are exclusive to Year Two.
"more gold to mine from your action" does not even make sense. Alternate, non-puzzle wording: "We are adding several exotics to the loot tables, a mix of year 1 gear returning for year 2, along with two brand new exotics".

You’ll start earning them in the places where Exotics get earned after we deploy the December Update. They might also appear in your Kiosk, if you’ve earned the right to spend Marks on them.
"earning them in the places where Exotics get earned" is another round about sentence. Just say they are being added to the engram loot tables.

And to the second part: "they might appear in your kiosk if you've earned the right to spend marks on them" - is needlessly non-specific. How did we earn the right to spend marks on them? If we have the year one version. So just say, if you have the year one version the blueprint will automatically appear in your kiosk after the December update.

I appreciate that he's playing with language in the BWU's to try and make them fun reads, but sometimes some plain speak would be nice. Just say what you mean, not everything needs to be a puzzle.

They had no problem advertising said exotics in screens/vids before TTK launched. They did the same with 347 Vesta Dynasty (Boolean Gemini) for House of Wolves.

Super shady move.
I just find it weird to think that they like to sit on content for months on end before releasing it. They've never done that to date, and I can't imagine they would do so now. There's no basis on which to say they held back things so they could drop them later. That's not how Bungie works and not what they've done with Destiny to date. The simpler explanation is, they are releasing these three months later because they were ready to be released three months later. They're rolling out these (free) updates and get called 'shady' for doing just doesn't make sense.

Keep me in mind for all that stuff. I'm already on your friend list. Can't play tonight but when online i'll be ready to help.

Keep your eyes peeled for Newbie raids (I rotate through each raid one per week) if you have trouble getting runs in for those. An HM CE newbie raid shouldn't be out of the question at all at this point...

They're usually on Thursday nights but the next one (which is VoG) will be on Saturday the 28th.
Good lookin' out!

Frenden

Banned
Not doing this to be mean, just to note that it made for really tiring reading. I wish he would just say what he meant.

I appreciate that he's playing with language in the BWU's to try and make them fun reads, but sometimes some plain speak would be nice. Just say what you mean, not everything needs to be a puzzle.

Your critique lands on ears eager for the hearing. Once heard, this message of less circuitous language penetrates individual comprehension in a meaningful way. I might agree if the requirements for my support are met.

blamite

I just find it weird to think that they like to sit on content for months on end before releasing it. They've never done that to date, and I can't imagine they would do so now. There's no basis on which to say they held back things so they could drop them later. That's not how Bungie works and not what they've done with Destiny to date. The simpler explanation is, they are releasing these three months later because they were ready to be released three months later. They're rolling out these (free) updates and get called 'shady' for doing just doesn't make sense.

I'd agree if people didn't already have both the Tarantella and the Twilight Garrison.

Unless there have been major changes made to the perks since these videos were recorded, it seems safe to say that these have been done and in the game for months.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Your critique lands on ears eager for the hearing. Once heard, this message of less circitous language penetrates individual comprehension in a meaningful way. I might agree if the requirements for my support are met.

:lol

312, 312 and 310 infusion fodder from Mercury this week. #1stworldDestinyproblems

So does anyone know for sure how people get the damn Trials Scarab emblem? We keep winning an extra game after flawless but it never drops...

Mindlog

I can't get too excited about Bungie making old exotics relevant again. I'm glad they're doing it but it's like finding 5 bucks in your pocket. It feels like you got something but you haven't really.
The combination of RNG on top of RNG to get something new with an acceptable light level adds a little too much 'meh' to the whole thing.

I can't get too excited about Bungie making old exotics relevant again. I'm glad they're doing it but it's like finding 5 bucks in your pocket. It feels like you got something but you haven't really.

Hey remember your Etheric Light you earned over 2 months ago? You can now do stuff with them! Oh wait

Hard Light, too? I'm in to that! When I started playing Destiny I was infatuated with that gun, so I'm pretty stoked that I'll be able to get it - eventually.

spyder_ur

Looking forward to playing Rusted Lands, but for now I am off to see the first of two nights of my favorite band. Kick some ass everybody.

Frenden

Banned
I kinda find the whole "needing to earn marks to rebuy new versions of exotics you already have" thing distasteful. As such, these reveals are not producing much hype for me.

I already ground for all those guns. Just flip a switch and make them 280 and infuseable.

I kinda find the whole "needing to earn marks to rebuy new versions of exotics you already have" thing distasteful. As such, these reveals are not producing much hype for me.

I already ground for all those guns. Just flip a switch and make them 280 and infuseable.

Make them 300. With the cap being 320 it's dumb that exotics come 40 levels lower when bought from the kiosk. Nobody has that kind of infusion fuel.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
IB officially better than trials. Better drops, etc. Still want that trials ghost though.

IB train, have two, four spots.

Trakan

You know the two exotics they've announced that were coming in Twilight Garrison and Tarantella were both found in game already right? It was obviously a bug as only a few people found them, but it's clear that they're in the game and work appropriately.

They were purposely held back to add for the content drought.

It's almost like relevelling exotics all over again, but worse. Because once we rebuy them, we do have to relevel them.

Frenden

Banned
Make them 300. With the cap being 320 it's dumb that exotics come 40 levels lower when bought from the kiosk. Nobody has that kind of infusion fuel.
You're right. The value doesn't matter as much to me as the not rebuying does, but 280 feels super punitive.

Flip the switch, make them 300-310, even, and don't make me rebuy them by grinding marks.

I picked the game up today for the first time this week to play some IB. Got bored after a few matches. What finalized the boringness was 2 back to back matches in progress down 8k-9k to half that.

GhaleonEB

You know the two exotics they've announced that were coming in Twilight Garrison and Tarantella were both found in game already right? It was obviously a bug as only a few people found them, but it's clear that they're in the game and work appropriately.

I did not know that, which does update what I said before (I was actually talking about the year two exotics, not the new ones). I get what they were going for with the slow roll out of exotics after TTK, but the time gates hurt it.

I still don't think it's 'shady' given that the updates are free (if they were being sold in some way, that would be very different), but I can see the frustration with having content locked off until later when it's been found in the game. They are probably holding them to pad out the December update; it would have been better to just release them if they were done.

blamite

If I want to get the year 1 Dance Machines I'm kinda fucked right? I think they're only obtainable from the PoE big chest and Crota?

Frenden

Banned
I did not know that, which does update what I said before somewhat (I was actually talking about the year two exotics, not the new ones). I get what they were going for with the slow roll out of exotics after TTK, but the time gates hurt it. And I agree it's far better to just release them if they're done.

I still don't think it's 'shady' given that the updates are free (if they were being sold in some way, that would be very different), but I can see the frustration with having content locked off until later when it's been found in the game. They are probably holding them to pad out the December update; it would have been better to just release them if they were done.

Like two glitched drops produced those ever. For all intents and purposes, they don't exist in game.

IB officially better than trials. Better drops, etc. Still want that trials ghost though.

IB train, have two, four spots.

I was lucky enough to get that from the Gold Tier package the first week Trials went live! I haven't had much luck in the Iron Banner, but I'm hoping to get the ghost shell and ship.

GhaleonEB

I'm going to need more marks to pad out the collection. Good grief. :(

Like two glitched drops produced those ever. For all intents and purposes, they don't exist in game.

Right, I understand that. The question is whether they are 100% done and just locked up. It's possible they were held back because they were going to be tweaked further and a glitch let them out for a couple drops; I'd wager that is the more likely scenario. The alternative is they were done and held back to be part of the December release. I'm still skeptical that was the case, but if the ones that arrive in December are identical in perks and behavior, then we'll know.

I'm not sure about the whole "work appropriately" part. We'll have to wait and see if the patched in version work exactly the same as the bugged ones and I don't mean in terms of what the perks are but in terms of how the perks operate.

I recall there being a video of the Tarantela Hunter Chest and it showed that the perk (reduced arc damage in PvE; faster arc ability recharge) had barely any effect. So even if the items were in the files, it doesn't mean that they were completely ready for release to the general public just yet. They could have still been tweaking the stat values.

I'd wait to see if there was a difference first before grabbing the pitchfork. But you know.. pitchforks are always good times, so do as you will.

Spy

I have pretty much stopped playing Destiny after spending a lot of time with it since release and I think I'm done for good. I'm tired of the little things Bungie does to try and keep you playing only to make it all useless once a new expansion comes out.

Do they expect you to run the raid over and over for months to possibly get the glorified 320 drop for every single slot? It feels like a waste of time when I know the next expansion that comes out will have made all my grinding useless. Purposely holding back our Year 1 exotics only to slowly trickle them out in hopes that we'll come back for something "new" is annoying.

Top Bottom