• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
"339,900: That’s how many Guardians have unlocked the Worm Gods’ Servant emblem between the weekly reset and earlier today, just before Bungie User Research went to lunch."

Still want to see one time actual numbers of active people playing this game. Really curious about that.

game is dad, real number is 111k since everyone has three characters
kappa.png

Deku Tree

Wait, does that mean they're getting rid of the way to buy the exact emote you want? I hope i'm reading that wrong.

That's right.

It's gonna be like FIFA player packs or Halo req packs or the mask bags for the Halloween thing.

RNG emote bags.

They want to exploit the people who will pay more buy lots of bags to get the one they want. They expect to make more money that way.

"339,900: That’s how many Guardians have unlocked the Worm Gods’ Servant emblem between the weekly reset and earlier today, just before Bungie User Research went to lunch."

Still want to see one time actual numbers of active people playing this game. Really curious about that.

A lot lower than what people think I'd guess. I bet that number includes multiple characters as well

bitsurugi

My bad I meant light. Also did you buy 2 ps4 for RAF? Lol I was thinking of doing that and giving my little sister it once I was done. .

I know you meant light, and exactly 39 light is the minimum you can access an activity.

201 for dailies, 221 for heroics and 241 for NF :)

SnakeEyes

Banned
Arc is almost over in the anime. Give it 5-8 more weeks
(lol Toei is gonna extend the shit out of it)

Yeah, I quit Naruto the anime long before the manga ended. That manga/anime is dead to me. Didn't like the ending and final arc was all around terrible. Eh, most of shippuden was terrible. Only good arcs were Pain Arc and the Immortals Arc.
Except Evangelion. Both furious that it took so long for 3.33 to get a damn western release date on BD/DVD, and also excited that it finally has a western release date.

Laughlin

I suspect that this isn't a ploy for more money. Old consoles probably can't handle anymore new emote spaces so they have to bundle the old ones or something. Hope in your heart of hearts that this is true. Old gen holding back microtransactions is old gen getting left to die on the side of road with multiple gunshot wounds.

Also deej's boss has all the emotes already so screw you.

? I think old gen would be able to handle simple emotes. This is totally a money-grab, most likely from activision.

GhaleonEB

Wait, does that mean they're getting rid of the way to buy the exact emote you want? I hope i'm reading that wrong.

I think they're going to refresh the stock with new stuff, and move the current stock of emotes to "grab bags". At least, that what I translated from Deej's note. Why on earth he can't just say what they're doing, I do not understand. I mean, if you are going to raise the topic, then say what you are doing on that topic. Bringing it up and then making what they are doing mysterious just confuses everyone needlessly. This has been a problem since he started doing the BWU's, but it's getting worse lately.

Did DeeJ have somewhere else to be while writing this?
The Sony PSX conference, where I suspect the more interesting parts of the update will get announced.

So this BWU was not one but three teases:

Update next week, details TBD.
Titan update details coming tomorrow.
Deej at PSX this weekend (second time he's mentioned it in a BWU).

Appreciate all Deej does but I really wish he'd just stop being cryptic.

So, dance emotes are now going to be in a random pack it seems? Lol, real money for random is BS. Get out of here with that nonsense Bungie.

"Before we go, here’s a final shopping tip: If you see something you like on the Eververse store – something you’ve been meaning to pick up any day now – this is a good time to grab it. The December Update will refresh the inventory available from Tess. She’ll put the stuff you see now in some bags you can still acquire with some Silver, but their contents will be less direct and predictable."

RNG for this type of content is outrageous. What are they thinking over there? Under what circumstances would you ever want to greet your fan base with the phrase "less direct and predictable?" Seriously.

I think they're going to refresh the stock with new stuff, and move the current stock of emotes to "grab bags". At least, that what I translated from Deej's note. Why on earth he can't just say what they're doing, I do not understand. I mean, if you are going to raise the topic, then say what you are doing on that topic. Bringing it up and then making what they are doing mysterious just confuses everyone needlessly. This has been a problem since he started doing the BWU's, but it's getting worse lately.

I hope this is the case.

Having grab bags of emotes opens up a nasty psychological component of selling it-Just like opening up a booster pack to find which cards you got, or decrypting an engram to see what gun you caught, it feeds into those receptors of your brain that make you feel happy. For example, It's why alot of mobile games have a sort of 'slot machine' mechanic to them, there are addicting qualities to be had.

They have more money to make from taking this course-having grab bags of stuff. People who want a certain something, will spend more. People who like opening these bags, will spend more.

It's nasty business, it is. Hopefully they do have new dances and relegate the old emotes to these bags but.....my hopes are low.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I have 1600 Silver sitting at the ready, and do not want any of the remaining emotes other than the Slow Clap, but don't want to pay the overinflated price for it.

---

As for Titans, Sunbreakers need to be nerfed for PvP (faster decay time on Super energy OR more energy used per Hammer throw, and slower recharge rate on the Overshield perk.)
Bubble needs to be buffed for either shield strength or duration, and maybe AoE on Striker needs to be widened a little.

That 339k figure, that factors in 3 characters per account right, if we're basing it on that alone it would have to, so cut that number in half by a rough estimate for unique accounts. Still, a significant player base still exists despite zero content drip happening currently.

So, i did all the steps for crucible (the one about complete 2 matches on the playlist, yada yada, yada) got to the crucible quartermaster, and got a green weapon. WTF? Is this for real? Is there something im missing?

In regards to NM raids, as someone asked before. Im on the same boat. Altough all my alts can reach 305 LL, i would like to get a newbie raid done. I would just be a nuisance for any team doing heroic, as not familiar with the strats and too underleveled.

My problem is that im in the UK. So time diferences et all. Also, work shift paterns (7 nights on,7 nights off) make it more dificult.

Saying that, a big thanks to Boguester and the rest od the GAF train that carried my sorry ass on KF normal raid last thursday. I should have said that i just finished a nights work.
Fuck the jumping part thou.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, i did all the steps for crucible (the one about complete 2 matches on the playlist, yada yada, yada) got to the crucible quartermaster, and got a green weapon. WTF? Is this for real? Is there something im missing?

In regards to NM raids, as someone asked before. Im on the same boat. Altough all my alts can reach 305 LL, i would like to get a newbie raid done. I would just be a nuisance for any team, as not familiar with the strats and too under leveled.

My peoblem is that im in the UK. So time diferences et all. Also, work shift paterns (7 nights on,7 nights off) make it more dificult.

Saying that, a big thanks to Boguester and the rest od the GAF train that carried my sorry ass on KF normal raid last thursday. I should have said that i just finished a nights work.
Fuck the jumping part thou.

nope that's all you get

and you're not even close to being done that questline yet either...

Afrocious

Got my computer chair and new monitor.

Might set both up tonight!

Hope monitor play is worth it or I'm out about a hundred bucks

Is there anyone on X1 with the WP checkpoint they dont mind handing off? We're having issues on totems where the Brand keeps disappearing on handoff (even when none of us move).

Deku Tree

Is there anyone on X1 with the WP checkpoint they dont mind handing off? We're having issues on totems where the Brand keeps disappearing on handoff (even when none of us move).

You have lag. Go to orbit and split up and join on the player in your crew with the best internet to make them the host, and then have them load back in. Or get the WP CP somehow.

nope that's all you get

and you're not even close to being done that questline yet either...

Thank you. Crucible is something i only started doing not long ago. I like IB, but normal crucible was a meh option. Geting into it more now. Never did ToO. Too much of a steep curve. Might start doing it for bounties only.

I may even atempt the chaperone quest one day (i suck with TLW)

Bungie better be adding new emotes to explain this change. . hell even if they did and I wanted the emotes I would be even more pissed. Now I have to buy 7 RNG emote bags to get that cool legendary twerking emote.

Are you sure nobody is leaving early? I had issues before since if 1 person grabs brand faster than the other side, boomers will come out early for that other side before brand transfers. Sometimes people leave early when the boomer dies thinking they've got the deathsinger's power x10.

Falifax

This game has a great
read bad
sense of humor. First game of Rumble since forever and it throws me into a match on Thieves' Den, second match is a game already in progress on Twilight Gap.

Why you do me like that, game?

todd360

? I think old gen would be able to handle simple emotes. This is totally a money-grab, most likely from activision.

Perhaps I didn't explain properly. Old gen is holding us back in terms of vault space if I'm not mistaken. That would mean that everis can only have so many open spots with emotes on sale. In order to sell new emotes we need to remove old emotes. You remove old emotes and people get pissed off. Best way to do it would be the RNG spaces which give you a chance at any of the old emotes. That frees up space for new emotes since you can have a few RNG spots instead of old emotes taking up all the spots.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This game has a great
read bad
sense of humor. First game of Rumble since forever and it throws me into a match on Thieves' Den, second match is a game already in progress on Twilight Gap.

Why you do me like that, game?

ha, I got thrown into a game in progress on Pantheon too :(

That 339k figure, that factors in 3 characters per account right, if we're basing it on that alone it would have to, so cut that number in half by a rough estimate for unique accounts. Still, a significant player base still exists despite zero content drip happening currently.

Well that'll change. MIDA MULTI TOOL!!!

Laughlin

Perhaps I didn't explain properly. Old gen is holding us back in terms of vault space if I'm not mistaken. That would mean that everis can only have so many open spots with emotes on sale. In order to sell new emotes we need to remove old emotes. You remove old emotes and people get pissed off. Best way to do it would be the RNG spaces which give you a chance at any of the old emotes. That frees up space for new emotes since you can have a few RNG spots instead of old emotes taking up all the spots.

Lol ok I think I get you. That makes sense, but I still think it's a money grab.

Now to totally change the subject does anyone have HM Totems checkpoint on Xbox??

New gen already has more vault space than old gen, I'm pretty sure.

Spizz

Banned
Hey DestinyGAF! I just got my account approved today and I'm looking forward to hopefully being apart of this awesome community. I recently got into Destiny again and I'm glad I did.

I've been lurking here a while so it's nice to finally be able to post on here and chat with you all.

Currently a 307 Hunter who plays on PS4. Feel free to add me at sil3nt_spizz87

Strider

Yea fuck this emote shit.

I don't like the comparison to H5 at all considering even though it's RNG and really Grindy to unlock cosmetics in that game... You can at least do so with in-game currency you earn by simply playing the game. We don't have that option in destiny despite it being "grind:the game"

I am more than happy to support a game I like with real money microtransactions if I feel the content I'm getting is worth it in return (such as all the Dota 2 heroes or the free dlc maps in H5) but so far Bungie hasn't delivered anything except similar live events to Y1 and now the system is getting even worse.

I will happily change my attitude toward it if they give us some good news soon regarding new content that is discounted (cheaper than $20 dlc we used to get) or completely free (unexpected)... But yea. For now this is just annoying.

Bring the goods at PSX Bungie and I'll throw money at the screen

Deku Tree

Hey DestinyGAF! I just got my account approved today and I'm looking forward to hopefully being apart of this awesome community. I recently got into Destiny again and I'm glad I did.

I've been lurking here a while so it's nice to finally be able to post on here and chat with you all.

Currently a 307 Hunter who plays on PS4. Feel free to add me at sil3nt_spizz87

Welcome

Deku Tree

Oh yeah so I was doing HM Oryx last night and I died like three times when I was clearly all the way inside the relic bubble. It was like all of a sudden I was taking damage and I just died. We had a laggy host, I wonder if that was it.

Are you sure nobody is leaving early? I had issues before since if 1 person grabs brand faster than the other side, boomers will come out early for that other side before brand transfers. Sometimes people leave early when the boomer dies thinking they've got the deathsinger's power x10.

Yeah, we were doing it correctly. But we figured out a way to counter it (hang out in the middle to retrieve it in case it didn't pass off).

The brand transfer at totems is weird sometimes, almost always due to lag. On Tuesday I somehow didn't transfer the brand even though I waited to kill the boomer that spawns up top, must have had deathsingers power for like 3 seconds before I left.

Best one I've had was when it didn't get transferred then somehow did, we had two brand of the weavers on the right hand side at the same time.

Well I will reserve my annoyance with the emote stuff till we see it in action but I hope the subclass tuning will be the first step in bringing the old sub classes forward and that they rework some of the lesser used abilities to be more compelling choices.

Ji66a-Man

The brand transfer at totems is weird sometimes, almost always due to lag. On Tuesday I somehow didn't transfer the brand even though I waited to kill the boomer that spawns up top, must have had deathsingers power for like 3 seconds before I left.

Best one I've had was when it didn't get transferred then somehow did, we had two brand of the weavers on the right hand side at the same time.

That telltale sign you're running with ruthless. His connection is the real final boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom