• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

So ummm... yea, while TTK was awesome and way better then vanilla Destiny.... in this time last year at least we got a new content release and a raid.

And while we can all agree Crota's End is a let down... it still was a raid and before being trivialized and lately ridiculed to the end... it still was a raid.

Maaaaan, we need a new raid. Here, take my 20 $, make one, don't care if t can be done with drum bands, upside down or whatever in a year.... just.... raid... new guns... :/

you can play FF14 for free for 96 hours

!

Stuff Bungie needs to do:
1. Address shit connections in Trials
2. Add old strikes into the heroic and nightfall rotation
3. Increase weighting of old maps in crucible
4. Increase crucible legendary drop rate
5. Improve strike legendary drop rate
6. Make the economy less stingy
7. Update vendor weapon rolls and maybe even change which weapons are offered

todd360

The eye of Osiris is watching you. Even now. Even when your showering. It sees. It judges your combat potential at all times.

SnakeEyes

Banned
1. Address shit connections in Trials AND IRON BANNER
8. Tone down Sniper Rifle aim assist in PvP

Added to, and agreed.

The eye of Osiris is watching you. Even now. Even when your showering. It sees. It judges your combat potential at all times.
And here I was thinking it was just you, with a telescope and a long-zoom lens... :-/

I wish you'd left that tier breakdown in your post, I like that idea a lot. The only thing I'd change is to not have chests on Mercury. I hope this doesn't sound "elitist" but I think Mercury (the location, not the loot) is one of the best rewards in the game. It deserves its "mystique" and imo the juice is worth the squeeze for teams that finally make the trip.

Elitism Disclaimer: if anyone on PS4 hasn't been to Mercury send me a PM and we'll try to do a run this weekend. Assuming I can persuade TG/Rubnov/Wicked/Unstable/Taiste to help.

Still need CP? Could load it in a couple minutes.
I found a team, thanks Drizz.

1. Address shit connections in Trials

They need to address Crucible connections in general, they said over six weeks ago we'd hear something soon about it and that people who had a shit connection would be restricted.... Nearly every game lately has had 1/2 red bars breaking the game, its getting to the point where I think its deliberate as its going unchecked

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13762

Added to, and agreed.

Yeah banner is a real big lag issue and sometimes bleeds into other stuff during banner week.

Oh yeah and snipers. Shit's broken. Balance issues are another post and I'll wait till the next patch for that post.

Mehrmantrout, you're right about connections in general needing to be addressed. I just single out trials because lag ruins the trials experience more than any other mode and as slow as they are to fix stuff they should start there then work on the other mode's connection issues.

darknil

The current problem that I have with Destiny now is that they have reduced the amount of stuff you can do that it's worthwhile, starting when you cross the 300LL.

Now you can do that can give you stuff is:
- Nightfall
- Crucible Weekly
- KF Raid
- Iron Banner
- Trials

When HoW launched, activities worthwhile were:
- VoG
- Crota
- Skolas (32, 34 and 35 were worthwhile)
- Iron Banner
- Trials
- Nightfall

The Live team sounded good, but how long has passed since they released NTTE, Black Spindle and Sleeper Stimulant?

The Live team sounded good, but how long has passed since they released NTTE, Black Spindle and Sleeper Stimulant?

They've been working on re releasing our old exotics and preparing Christmas masks we can buy for Silver, what more do you want?

Edit this thread is so slow I'm making a big push for my first wall of shame, get hype

Does it count if we haven't been to Mercury in Year 2, or does Year 1 disqualify me?

please help me ;_;

I haven't been to Mercury since TTK released, if that counts... :D

TTK Mercury? I'm still leveling up though so I don't know if 292 is even helpful in Trials.

Yeah, just TTK Mercury is fine. There is a new emblem after all. Obviously it will depend on schedules etc. but hopefully we can work it out.

@Ken: 292 isn't a big deal. Do you have a Crest of AL or Light Beyond for fast revives? You can always live the meatshield life, distractions and revives, etc.

What is this Mercury place I keep seeing thrown around. I'm assuming it has to do with ToO but I honestly have no idea.

Mercury is a unique social space you can go if you finish a ToO passage at 9-0 (can actually be 7-1 with all the boons). There's a big chest that rewards a 310-320 primary with a chance for 310 exotics. It also gives a unique emblem the first time you make it there.

Please make this happen

lol I put that in just for you. I feel bad that we never coordinated for a run and I think she finally gave up asking me. I'm still up for it if we can find a willing helper with compatible schedules for everyone.

lol I put that in just for you. I feel bad that we never coordinated for a run and I think she finally gave up asking me. I'm still up for it if we can find a willing helper with compatible schedules for everyone.

She has an interesting new friend (i'll tell you the story next time we're in chat but its an amazing story) If you could run it the with the both of them it could be the best thing ever

The current problem that I have with Destiny now is that they have reduced the amount of stuff you can do that it's worthwhile, starting when you cross the 300LL.

Now you can do that can give you stuff is:
- Nightfall
- Crucible Weekly
- KF Raid
- Iron Banner
- Trials

When HoW launched, activities worthwhile were:
- VoG
- Crota
- Skolas (32, 34 and 35 were worthwhile)
- Iron Banner
- Trials
- Nightfall

Get to 310 and your amount of worthwhile stuff diminishes further, down to hard raid, IB and trials.

Ken

Yeah, just TTK Mercury is fine. There is a new emblem after all. Obviously it will depend on schedules etc. but hopefully we can work it out.

@Ken: 292 isn't a big deal. Do you have a Crest of AL or Light Beyond for fast revives? You can always live the meatshield life, distractions and revives, etc. .

Only Y1s though I think I can buy a Y2 Crest with marks right? Only have a 292 Titan.

I haven't gone flawless in two weeks, am I still eligible
?

Deku Tree

you should join me when i play crucible. trains sort of start happening naturally

we even helped kadey's level 10 babby

he was a real qtπ going 0.06

Thanks! I'd be happy to jump in with you!

Get on board, young one.

haha. Thanks! I'll look for you when I am on this weekend, if you have spots. I usually play at night time.

EDIT: I have a pretty insanely rolled Suros ARI-45 with Perfect balance, hand laid stock, and glass half full that I would be rolling with.

I'd like to get to Mercury one of these days. Don't think I'm very good at PvP so I haven't done Trials ever.

Well the good news is you have some amazing GAFers here that do runs. You should try and connect with Twilight, Drizz, Rubenov, Gunnerz, or Wicked. There's others too. Just check the thread and or hit them on. Everyone is super nice.

ich00

I'd like to get to Mercury one of these days. Don't think I'm very good at PvP so I haven't done Trials ever.

The bounties are pretty easy to get done over 10 matches or so(one of the bounties requires 10 completed matches) so as long as you don't care too much about wins, those are at least doable. It's what I've been doing recently and gotten me some decent gear.

ZOONAMI

Now that everyone is over 300 it seems like no one will do a raid with my 292 hunter. Added a bunch of people yesterday from the destiny app and sent messages and didn't get any invites :(

I guess I shouldn't have stopped playing for a couple months.

This is a demonstration of why some sort of in game raid forming system would be a good idea, broken down by light levels or something for those who have the time to be well over 310 etc.

Namikaze1

I AM NOT GOING TO START WATCHING NARUTO AS WELL, GODDAMNIT TODD! :p

Usopp still best character. Currently on Thriller Bark arc.
Don't watch Naruto unless you want to experience Filler Hell.

Also, wait until you get to Dressrosa Arc... in a few months. Usopp just gets better.

E92 M3

Whatever the doc did fucking helped. Hearing is almost completely back. But the ear fucking hurts.

I'll take the pain over not hearing shit any day.

Most people have impacted ear wax. He probably cleared that out for you.

What is this Mercury place I keep seeing thrown around. I'm assuming it has to do with ToO but I honestly have no idea.

Yeah, the reward for having a flawless passage. The location is beautiful and a chest with a weapon guaranteed 310 or higher.

Dave_6

I have never been to TTK Mercury. Haven't played much TTK Crucible at all really.

I haven't been to Mercury since TTK dropped. My two previous trips I was carried but I'm not complaining at all, lol. Been playing a lot of crucible as well, even finished the quest and unlocked the weekly bounties.

GhaleonEB

Now that everyone is over 300 it seems like no one will do a raid with my 292 hunter. Added a bunch of people yesterday from the destiny app and sent messages and didn't get any invites :(

This is a demonstration of why some sort of in game raid forming system would be a good idea, broken down by light levels or something for those who have the time to be well over 310 etc.

I have a friend that is around 290 that is wanting to raid this week. When I get home tonight we'll chat about timing - we might be able to run KF tonight. We'd need a sherpa, though.

Have you tried using Destinylfg.net? You might find a group there. If not maybe see if Hawkian has an extra spot in a newbie KF since not many others around here still run normal mode.

What console?

ich00

I wouldn't mind helping out if you are on PS4 and depending on what time you're on. If after 9 - 9:30 EST is good, then I can help. PSN is ichabod00

SnakeEyes

Banned
Don't watch Naruto unless you want to experience Filler Hell.

Also, wait until you get to Dressrosa Arc... in a few months. Usopp just gets better.
I've read the manga, I have no desire to put myself through the anime as well :D
And if that arc is already in the show, it won't take me a few months to get to it. Wifey and I have been powering through One Piece fairly quickly :D

Nightz

I can probably run it with you on NM. Got my Warlock to 291 today. I also have a 305 Hunter. Haven't raided in a few weeks.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Do you need to do the WP challenge this week to get loot from the WP?
As far as we know, the challenges change weekly. In terms of getting the loot, you do not need to do the challenge to get loot, but you get bonus loot for doing so - a 310 Artifact and 310 Warpriest drop on NM, and a 320 Artifact and 320 Warpriest drop on HM (or both at once if you straight into HM.)

Christmas really comes early if you throw a Three of Coins-Exotic drop into the mix as well :D

Namikaze1

I've read the manga, I have no desire to put myself through the anime as well :D
And if that arc is already in the show, it won't take me a few months to get to it. Wifey and I have been powering through One Piece fairly quickly :D
Arc is almost over in the anime. Give it 5-8 more weeks
(lol Toei is gonna extend the shit out of it)

Yeah, I quit Naruto the anime long before the manga ended. That manga/anime is dead to me. Didn't like the ending and final arc was all around terrible. Eh, most of shippuden was terrible. Only good arcs were Pain Arc and the Immortals Arc.

Deku Tree

As far as we know, the challenges change weekly. In terms of getting the loot, you do not need to do the challenge to get loot, but you get bonus loot for doing so - a 310 Artifact and 310 Warpriest drop on NM, and a 320 Artifact and 320 Warpriest drop on HM (or both at once if you straight into HM.)

Christmas really comes early if you throw a Three of Coins-Exotic drop into the mix as well :D

Yeah I know the rewards and I've already done 3x HM and 5x WP challenge this week.

Just wondering about the loot w/o doing the challenge.

Namikaze1

Yeah I know the rewards and I've already done 3x HM and 5x WP challenge this week.

Just wondering about the loot w/o doing the challenge.
Yeah, you can get your guaranteed shards (and the rare weapon) without doing the challenge. :p

I'm still salty about getting only shards for three weeks straight back in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom