• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloading the Doom closed alpha, hope it's good.

Now that everyone is over 300 it seems like no one will do a raid with my 292 hunter. Added a bunch of people yesterday from the destiny app and sent messages and didn't get any invites :(

I guess I shouldn't have stopped playing for a couple months.

This is a demonstration of why some sort of in game raid forming system would be a good idea, broken down by light levels or something for those who have the time to be well over 310 etc.

I have a friend that is around 290 that is wanting to raid this week. When I get home tonight we'll chat about timing - we might be able to run KF tonight. We'd need a sherpa, though.

I can probably run it with you on NM. Got my Warlock to 291 today. I also have a 305 Hunter. Haven't raided in a few weeks.

Can help with normal King's Fall whenever, just let me know.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Psx soon approaches. Emotes.... Emotes as far as a guardian can see.
What?
What time is it?

If you see me on I'm happy to help out... just send me an invite.

Not gonna sign up and potentially take a spot from a newbie though.
Still a spot left and I need to fill it if you want to come. If a last minute newbie asks for a spot I can always heartlessly boot you out, while laughing in the manner of a cartoon villain

Namikaze1

I am so worried about what they do to defenders. It's my favorite class to play with by far.

Blame the Sunbreakers for anything that happens to Destiny's best PvE subclass:

KxUrcvh.gif

Deku Tree

What?

Still a spot left and I need to fill it if you want to come. If a last minute newbie asks for a spot I can always heartlessly boot you out, while laughing in the manner of a cartoon villain

You still didn't tell me what time. I'm not on until approx 9pm est.

So, dance emotes are now going to be in a random pack it seems? Lol, real money for random is BS. Get out of here with that nonsense Bungie.

"Before we go, here’s a final shopping tip: If you see something you like on the Eververse store – something you’ve been meaning to pick up any day now – this is a good time to grab it. The December Update will refresh the inventory available from Tess. She’ll put the stuff you see now in some bags you can still acquire with some Silver, but their contents will be less direct and predictable."

It hit me yesterday the best thing they could do for SunBreakers is give the hammer a maximum distance before it just self detonates.

This will stop people from lobbing hammers from crazy distances, and getting that stupid crazy air time.

Basically, if you are at the peak of a jump, you shouldn't be able to throw a hammer further than like 35 degrees outward.

Or in other words, make the Hammer's blowup automatically at around 30 meters.

I guess I'm gonna buy the golf clap emote with my 1800 silver now lol.

RNG emote bags? What is this FIFA? Better be guaranteed to not give dups...

it's 40 below.

It's crappy. That's what it is. I am all fine for buying emotes, but buying random virtual emotes, that's just gambling and not cool. Guess they aren't making enough yet.

Deku Tree

It's crappy. That's what it is. I am all fine for buying emotes, but buying random virtual emotes, that's just gambling and not cool. Guess they aren't making enough yet.

Not making enough, or they want to make more. Either way I don't like it. Not gonna buy a bunch of packs hoping for the one I want.

Not that I care cause I'll never buy them, but how can they think RNG emotes are a good idea 😳

Current business models predict that you make more money with RNG packs. Lots of games are doing it now.

I guess I'm gonna buy the golf clap emote with my 1800 silver now lol.

RNG emote bags? What is this FIFA? Halo 5 req packs? Better be guaranteed to not give dups...

it's 40 below.

Wait you got an emote/RNG bag?

Also really? Hmm my buddy is 204. . need him to get to 240 so we can do the nightfall.

Also looking for a group of people who would be down for doing Crota's End with him for the first time possibly tomorrow night or so.

Deku Tree

So, dance emotes are now going to be in a random pack it seems? Lol, real money for random is BS. Get out of here with that nonsense Bungie.

"Before we go, here’s a final shopping tip: If you see something you like on the Eververse store – something you’ve been meaning to pick up any day now – this is a good time to grab it. The December Update will refresh the inventory available from Tess. She’ll put the stuff you see now in some bags you can still acquire with some Silver, but their contents will be less direct and predictable."

^^^^^

Wait you got an emote/RNG bag?

Also really? Hmm my buddy is 204. . need him to get to 240 so we can do the nightfall.

Also looking for a group of people who would be down for doing Crota's End with him for the first time possibly tomorrow night or so.

LMAO LMAO OH GOD THAT'S HILARIOUS. Imagine paying good money and all you get is the lame whimper emote. I'm glad I jumped on and bought the slow clap emote. This is the only emote that matters and can be used for every situation.

Oh Bungie, 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Also they consider a player that has been playing Destiny for over 7 days a veteran. . what makes up day one/beta/alpha players?

todd360

I suspect that this isn't a ploy for more money. Old consoles probably can't handle anymore new emote spaces so they have to bundle the old ones or something. Hope in your heart of hearts that this is true. Old gen holding back microtransactions is old gen getting left to die on the side of road with multiple gunshot wounds.

Also deej's boss has all the emotes already so screw you.

I wish you'd left that tier breakdown in your post, I like that idea a lot. The only thing I'd change is to not have chests on Mercury. I hope this doesn't sound "elitist" but I think Mercury (the location, not the loot) is one of the best rewards in the game. It deserves its "mystique" and imo the juice is worth the squeeze for teams that finally make the trip.

Elitism Disclaimer: if anyone on PS4 hasn't been to Mercury send me a PM and we'll try to do a run this weekend. Assuming I can persuade TG/Rubnov/Wicked/Unstable/Taiste to help.

Still need CP? Could load it in a couple minutes.

I slightly modified it to, something like:

The non Mercury chests are maybe behind those doors that are guarded in the Reef.

7 win proposed system with taking out boons (7 wins / 4 losses on whole card):
7-0 = Platinum Tier (Mercury, guaranteed exotic?)
7-1 = Gold Tier (Mercury?, small chance of exotic?)
7-2 = Silver Tier
7-3 = Bronze Tier

Current 9 win system with boons then:
9-0 = Platinum Tier (Mercury), loss boon
9-1 = Gold Tier
9-2 = Silver Tier
8 Wins = Bronze Tier

or

Keep it the way it is but have 4 losses be the max so you can go 9-3 for Bronze Tier.

Theorry

"339,900: That’s how many Guardians have unlocked the Worm Gods’ Servant emblem between the weekly reset and earlier today, just before Bungie User Research went to lunch."

Still want to see one time actual numbers of active people playing this game. Really curious about that.

Golgy next week for sure, nice!

320 armor hype

What will take the place of 320 artifact....... that's the question. Another 320 artifact maybe haha

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah I know the rewards and I've already done 3x HM and 5x WP challenge this week.

Just wondering about the loot w/o doing the challenge.
Drops should be the same as normal. They wouldn't not have loot drops just because you don't complete their vague challenge parameters.

I suspect that this isn't a ploy for more money. Old consoles probably can't handle anymore new emote spaces so they have to bundle the old ones or something. Hope in your heart of hearts that this is true. Old gen holding back microtransactions is old gen getting left to die on the side of road with multiple gunshot wounds.

Also deej's boss has all the emotes already so screw you.

I hope so. I really do.

"339,900: That’s how many Guardians have unlocked the Worm Gods’ Servant emblem between the weekly reset and earlier today, just before Bungie User Research went to lunch."

Still want to see one time actual numbers of active people playing this game. Really curious about that.

Me too, but they will never give that information out.

Top of Page Edit: R N G E M O T E B O Y Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom