• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Who looks at a much maligned system in halo 5 and says,we should put that in our game

I mean it's really more like copying what valve does in their games.

Except steam has its own marketplace where you can buy, sell and trade individual items you like/dislike so in the end it works out and you can avoid the RNG if you choose.

So the system works there but it hurts those that want to buy a specific item on console games like destiny and H5. I'm not really liking the change at all that's for sure. I was saving my free silver in hopes something I really wanna unlock comes along someday but now with RNG coming in I doubt that happens since I'll have to gamble for it.

GhaleonEB

I don't care about emotes, but to the extent that the teased update makes any sense, it would only make sense to me if the randomized grab bags were sold for in-game currency. The model would then shift to: If you want a specific item, spend cash monies while it's new. When the new season rolls around, they'll get replaced with the new stuff for silver, and retired to the grab bags where you spend glimmer and roll RNG for them.

Selling randomized cosmetics for real world money would be awful.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
fuck, almost played a perfect game and I CHOOOOKED again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wqOH5h0cWc

WindyMeagerIberianmole.gif

good lord... that golden gun triple kill was the best part

Strider

I don't care about emotes, but to the extent that the teased update makes any sense, it would only make sense to me if the randomized grab bags were sold for in-game currency. The model would then shift to: If you want a specific item, spend cash monies while it's new. When the new season rolls around, they'll get replaced with the new stuff for silver, and retired to the grab bags where you roll RNG and glimmer for them.

Agree and I'd be fine with this too. Randomized cosmetics that can only be purchased with real money and cannot be traded just suck tbh

I mean in the end it's just cosmetics that don't effect the game. So it is what it is. But if the system is RNG for real money only that's really just the worst system you could have.

Afrocious

i wonder how deej got his job

i bet his job interview involved him having to describe a stop sign without saying the color red, the word 'stop', or the word 'octagon'

todd360

i wonder how deej got his job

i bet his job interview involved him having to describe a stop sign without saying the color red, the word 'stop', or the word 'octagon'

The requirements are being a huge dead orbit fanboy, being bad at the game, and having a desire to be seen as hip and cool with the kids.

I don't care about emotes, but to the extent that the teased update makes any sense, it would only make sense to me if the randomized grab bags were sold for in-game currency. The model would then shift to: If you want a specific item, spend cash monies while it's new. When the new season rolls around, they'll get replaced with the new stuff for silver, and retired to the grab bags where you spend glimmer and roll RNG for them.

Yup. I wholeheartedly agree there with you. Like I mentioned....it makes sense business wise why it would be beneficial to them to do it, but it doesn't sit right with me.

E92 M3

It's always refreshing to hear an interview or podcast with Luke. The dude just says it how it is and it's obvious he plays the game like crazy. I do wish Deej played Destiny more to truly understand all of the intricacies.

"what we have here is a device that, when placed at the edge of a curb, is designed to instruct the driver to cease all vehicular movement as they approach the intersection."

Would anyone be interested in doing a bullethose only crucible train later? Bring your Doctrines, your Epilogues, your Nechros, Arminus-d's(nuts).

Dr. Nope may even be there.

On the phone. You and me...

He retired with his 26 year old nurse to Puerto Rico. I wouldn't expect to see him. But husl of the pit! Hes still cool enough for the party

Afrocious

"what we have here is a device that, when placed at the edge of a curb, is designed to instruct the driver to cease all vehicular movement as they approach the intersection."

too to the point. more ambiguity and more jokes making subtle jabs at your fanbase of car drivers

too to the point. more ambiguity and more jokes making subtle jabs at your fanbase of car drivers

"This mysterious object, interviewer, will cause you to stop dead in your tracks. There are many of them, yes, but their edges are lined with wisdom and most important of all, patience. Those of you who wish to speed along, then you might get into a crash"

Deku Tree

I think Bungie is going to nerf the bubble somehow. Your not going to beat challenge mode Oryx with two titans in the middle dipping in and out of the blessing bubble and spamming the last ToM double damage bullet. They're going to explain it at length with in game statistics too. That's why they are waiting until tomorrow to tell us to limit the backlash press for one day. Drop the stink bomb on Friday, and then try to bring you back in on Saturday with whatever they show off on stage at PSX.

A lot of games sell randomized packs for real world money. Lots of F2P games, FIFA, and Halo 5 for example. It is awful. Bungie already sold randomized legendary masks for real world currency during the festival of the lost. You only had a chance to get the skull mask too.

I find it hard to believe they would let cosmetics that went on sale a short while ago "go free" now. Backlash from people who paid money for them would be huge. And more importantly no one would buy the new ones, expecting them to instead "go free" too after a few more months.

Afrocious

I think Bungie is going to nerf the bubble somehow. Your not going to beat challenge mode Oryx with two titans in the middle dipping in and out of the blessing bubble and spamming the last ToM double damage bullet. They're going to explain it at length with in game statistics too. That's why they are waiting until tomorrow to tell us to limit the backlash press for one day. Drop the stink bomb on Friday, and then try to bring you back in on Saturday with whatever they show off on stage at PSX.

not gonna lie, if bungie does nerf defender because of their utility in the raid like you say, i think i might quit destiny again because that would be some reactionary bullshit

Strider

If we're being real titan bubble should be nerfed in some way. I've lost count on how many PvE groups I've been in where people specifically change to Titan because we have trouble with activities without it... (of course this is a problem with a lot of the other classes for PvE too)

I hope that the class as a whole gets buffed though. Strikers and Defenders both need better overall kits and it'll be disappointing if they don't get a significant bump. Defenders are a one trick pony as is... I spent a couple nights this past week on my alt titan and it's fun as fuck. Tune Sunbreaker down a little for PvP and bring up Striker and Defender and I see no reason why I wouldn't continue playing that class a lot more.

will do. cleaning off my desk atm. i should be up in about 30.

goodjob.gif
Cool. I expect your taunt game to be 10/10

LTWood12

Oh the impact alone is frightful
But rate of fire is so delightful
And as long hand cannons blow...
BULLETHOSE
BULLETHOSE
BULLETHOSE

Strider

I might throw up the game awards on my 2nd monitor but meh... Probably just catch whatever news I want on gaf when it's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom