• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year they gave out awards that were never announced at all lol

--

But really is there interest in someone setting up a Dgaf twitch chat for the Game awards? I can do it if people want.

I have the show pulled up on my console but gonna watch Afro on my PC.

There is a DGAF@E3 some of us are using. I believe I can invite people. I need your twitch username

GhaleonEB

A lot of games sell randomized packs for real world money. Lots of F2P games, FIFA, and Halo 5 for example. It is awful. Bungie already sold randomized legendary masks for real world currency during the festival of the lost. You only had a chance to get the skull mask too.

I find it hard to believe they would let cosmetics that went on sale a short while ago "go free" now. Backlash from people who paid money for them would be huge. And more importantly no one would buy the new ones, expecting them to instead "go free" too after a few more months.

I generally agree, I was just outlining the only circumstance in which I think randomized emotes would be acceptable, from the standpoint of the player base.

In particular, anyone already uncomfortable with micro transactions in Destiny would feel the water getting a bit closer to boiling. The introduction of micro transactions to Destiny seems to have gone over very well: it's non-intrusively added to the game, purely cosmetic and Bungie clearly sold a ton of silver if the charts we saw were any indication. But a lot of people are still waiting for the other shoe to drop, for Bungie to charge $10 for the year 2 'Horn.

I don't think that will ever happen, but shifting the model this quickly, from "buy this thing you want" to "pay for a chance to get the thing you want" would do nothing to allay those fears. It would be a step in an unpleasant direction, changing the discussion from supporting the Live team, to simply being greedy by extending RNG to a system that already appeared to be working well.

(There are some parallels to the Festival of the Lost, but I think that was different enough that I wouldn't equate them.)

Afrocious

What the hell does kappa mean? I'm always late to the latest slang around here but I've seen it a lot lately and have no idea what you are saying. Help an old guy out here.

latest

Here you go

I don't think that will ever happen, but shifting the model this quickly, from "buy this thing you want" to "pay for a chance to get the thing you want" would do nothing to allay those fears. It would be a step in an unpleasant direction, changing the discussion from supporting the Live team, to simply being greedy by extending RNG to a system that already appeared to be working well.

(There are some parallels to the Festival of the Lost, but I think that was different enough that I wouldn't equate them.)

Crap, that was it, wasn't it? Festival of the Lost was simply a test for a 'gacha' like route for cosmetic items. It was obviously successful, which is why they're shifting it to this new grab bag system..

GhaleonEB

Crap, that was it, wasn't it? Festival of the Lost was simply a test for a 'gacha' like route for cosmetic items. It was obviously successful, which is why they're shifting it to this new grab bag system..

Yeah, that's what I thought of when I read the change. Same functionality. The main difference is, while I bought a couple of packages, it was only to get the material to make permanent something I already had, rather than rolling for something I wanted. Though I'm sure plenty of people did just that. (If this were the same, we'd get random emotes as drops in the game to use for a short time, and have to pay to make them permanent. Which I'd also be fine with.)

Here you go

This did not help.

Yeah, that's what I thought of when I read the change. Same functionality. The main difference is, while I bought a couple of packages, it was only to get the material to make permanent something I already had, rather than rolling for something I wanted. Though I'm sure plenty of people did just that. (If this were the same, we'd get random emotes as drops in the game to use for a short time, and have to pay to make them permanent. Which I'd also be fine with.)

This did not help.

from a fellow old guy, kappa = sarcasm.

Example in a destiny related sentence:
Everyone agrees that the bubble up top strategy is superior to the bottom bubble strategy. !Kappa

GhaleonEB

from a fellow old guy, kappa = sarcasm.

Example in a destiny related sentence:
Everyone agrees that the bubble up top strategy is superior to the bottom bubble strategy. !Kappa

Thank you. Back in my day we just went [/s] or :p to designate sarcasm. Damn kids these days.

GutZ31

I like CHVRCHES but damn they sounding awful live lol
As bad as this game award is, it's 100000000x better than the last 4 years have been.
Seems like they aren't trying so damn hard this year, which is the right direction.

The song is sounding better now, but it started sounding like trash, could barely tell what song it was lol.

omg I remember /s for sarcasm hahahaha I just time travelled like 10 years.

Also, cool to see TTK nominated!

I totally saw Deadmau5 looking at somewhere.. naughty.. at the end of his interview.

Also, that Indie group from Tokyo is making a game that highly resembles Journey to me.

Thank you. Back in my day we just went [/s] or :p to designate sarcasm. Damn kids these days.

I feel you, I prefer to let my sarcasm just kind of float out there. CAN YOU FIND MY SARCASM?

Off the topic of sarcasm, my PVP game is so in the shitter right now I feel disgusted. I had to jump on the Rubenov carry train this evening, just for skirmish games against randoms. I feel like I should change my sensitivity down to 1, because I can't aim straight EVER. Maybe I will buy one of those 1ms response monitors.

Afrocious

As bad as this game award is, it's 100000000x better than the last 4 years have been.
Seems like they aren't trying so damn hard this year, which is the right direction.

The song is sounding better now, but it started sounding like trash, could barely tell what song it was lol.

absolutely agreed. this hasn't been as cringy as the others have been

not yet at least

miller giving a legit speech tho

For Christ's sake Bungie, can you please let us know what's coming in Destiny's future beyond more exotics? We're all grinding away and increasing our light level, but we don't know what for.

For Christ's sake Bungie, can you please let us know what's coming in Destiny's future beyond more exotics? We're all grinding away and increasing our light level, but we don't know what for.

It is pretty much confirmed they are announcing something at PSX this weekend. Maybe lay off the complaints till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom