• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGA annoyed me, it was such a mess, it seemed like nearly everyone was drunk. When Keith Sutherland is the most professional person at your awards ceremony you know you've fucked up.

Also what the hell was up with that Konami shit? Konami are the "big bad" of the industry, I get it, but don't air that shit out in public. What is this, the Source Awards?

Eh, the shade was well deserved.

also i'm a pretty big fan of EDM and House but that Dead Mouse track

tumblr_nqj8wxph2u1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Was waiting for the climax and it never came.

todd360

TGA annoyed me, it was such a mess, it seemed like nearly everyone was drunk. When Keith Sutherland is the most professional person at your awards ceremony you know you've fucked up.

Also what the hell was up with that Konami shit? Konami are the "big bad" of the industry, I get it, but don't air that shit out in public. What is this, the Source Awards?

It was funny seeing them being called out on their shit on an awards show. I was damn is this really happening right now? Then that one lady mentioned David hayter as the true snake voice actor and I was like dayum son yet again.

Edit: climax zoba? Where was the everything? I got hyped during super Mario world last boss start up sound and then it all went downhill. We started at the top of the mountain with that performance.

It was funny seeing them being called out on their shit on an awards show. I was damn is this really happening right now? Then that one lady mentioned David hayter as the true snake voice actor and I was like dayum son yet again.

Edit: climax zoba? Where was the everything? I got hyped during super Mario world last boss start up sound and then it all went downhill. We started at the top of the mountain with that performance.

the bridge was decent.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Alright we have a full team to beat Warpriest challenge..
gonna start sending out chat invites...in a bit..

Alright, so not even the Game Awards website shows who won Shooter of the Year

Splatoon. They said "Splatoon also wins best multiplayer" when they already said it just won multiplayer, so they probably meant best shooter.

And Nintendo deserves it. Haven't played it yet but props to them for doing something new.

Afrocious

i dont see what the point of Developer of the Year is alongside Game of the Year. Whoever is the developer of the year makes the game of the year, so wtf

also i laughed at how there was no drop at the end

wtf maus

I never really listen to music like that. So I didn't really know what to expect. It seemed like the same beat over and over and then it switched to something else several times and then just kinda ended.

it's supposed to ramp up in intensity and then drop a beat that continues to ramp up before dropping again.

the track had like no energy.

Strider

Real talk the SP of splatoon was way more enjoyable than I thought it would be. The boss fights were fun and the level design was great at utilizing the movement mechanics.

So yea I ain't even mad if it won best overall shooter too.

Daemul

Eh, the shade was well deserved.
It doesn't matter whether it was deserved, it was completely inappropriate. You don't do that shit at events like that, not if you want you want it to be taken seriously, which I'm guessing Geoff does. If you want to throw some shade pass the info to the gaming press and they and the fans will do it for you, don't blurt it out yourself in that sort of arena. I have no idea what Geoff was thinking doing that, he allowed his friendship with Kojima to cloud his judgement I feel.

Namikaze1

It was hilarious though.
Hilarious definitely. But man she started off with the MGS shade (After Keifer went and accepted an award for Kojima) and then the flub. people already gif'ed the reactions.

For me, favorite moment was Mark Hamill with the poster joke. You wouldn't understand since you're not a Star Wars fan. :p

It doesn't matter whether it was deserved, it was completely inappropriate. You don't do that shit at events like that, not if you want you want it to be taken seriously, which I'm guessing Geoff does. If you want to throw some shade pass the info to the gaming press and they and the fans will do it for you, don't blurt it out yourself in that sort of arena. I have no idea what Geoff was thinking doing that, he allowed his friendship with Kojima to cloud his judgement I feel.

I mean...you can say the same about Konami. Konami is a piece of shit, other developers are probably clapping at keighleys passe, because what he showed tonight was that games aren't corporations, that the people behind them matter. Kojima was MGS. Everyone there tonight knew that. To the developers, if a situation ever arised where they got blackballed like Kojima, it meant that they knew people would stand up for them. To the publishers sure there might be some unease, but Konami isn't Microsoft or Sony. No, those companies are probably agreeing with Keighley as well.

It's a unique situation, which is why it wasn't inappropriate at all.

todd360

Here Todd here's one of my favorite tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1s8Us69jHo

New instrumentation is introduced basically every 16 measures to keep the listener's interest and have them anticipate the next movement.

This is definitely much better than the dead mouse performance.

Yeah, every time I think about getting a Wii U I look at the price and think, nah. Not yet.

I was really tempted by the smash/splatoon bundle. I realized I would have to throw another $50 dollars or so at the regular controller though. Which made it a $300 dollar bundle with a 32 gb hard drive. I keep thinking I'll get burned too. I can live with only having smash on my 3ds. I don't want to buy a Wii u for the new Zelda if there is a chance of it coming out on the nx as well. I do want a Wii U I just don't want to pay more than $200 for one lol. I refuse to play with a giant tablet when I don't have to.

todd360

nintendo games come at a premium so it's smart to never buy their systems full price.

I don't want to encourage this 32 gb hard drive bullshit. Then they encourage you to shop on the eshop since they make more money that way. Shit account system and the space that comes standard is extremely limited. Wth were they thinking with this console. Isn't it selling worse than the Dreamcast did? Such a huge blunder. The name is terrible and the tablet was mistake. There is only one game that makes great use of the tablet. You can't even buy a replacement tablet controller in stores.

Namikaze1

Well, time to look forward to PSX tomorrow and hope Bungie has something to show
they won't show anything

This is definitely much better than the dead mouse performance.

I was really tempted by the smash/splatoon bundle. I realized I would have to throw another $50 dollars or so at the regular controller though. Which made it a $300 dollar bundle with a 32 gb hard drive. I keep thinking I'll get burned too. I can live with only having smash on my 3ds. I don't want to buy a Wii u for the new Zelda if there is a chance of it coming out on the nx as well. I do want a Wii U I just don't want to pay more than $200 for one lol. I refuse to play with a giant tablet when I don't have to.
Yeah, this is why I don't have a Wii U. New Zelda is gonna end up like Twilight Princess. Rather go with the NX version. Hopefully NX has backwards compability.

I don't want to encourage this 32 gb hard drive bullshit. Then they encourage you to shop on the eshop since they make more money that way. Shit account system and the space that comes standard is extremely limited. Wth were they thinking with this console. Isn't it selling worse than the Dreamcast did? Such a huge blunder. The name is terrible and the tablet was mistake. There is only one game that makes great use of the tablet. You can't even buy a replacement tablet controller in stores.

Yea basically.

I want to pick it up for Smash, Mario Kart and maybe Splatoon, but i'd have to get a great deal all things considered. And even then I don't even know when I'd have time to play any of that

>being this poor

when the wii u is 100 bucks, i cannot wait for the posts saying nintendo should pay customers to buy the console

kapp

lol pls

I can afford one no problem. Just never feels like a good investment. Last Nintendo console I owned was a 64, so maybe that's why.

I do have a 3DS though, but that was almost solely for Pokémon.

Ok, so altough HC have been nerfed to shit, i have been trying them on crucible just to use a diferent type of weapon. Been using hawkmoon on my hunter, and imago loop on my titan.
On my warlock, i use Kumakatok. I had a rgn drop the other day with third eye, snapshot, rifled barrel, firefly and eye of the storm.
I also got the gunsmith one with LITC, firefly, danger close.
Is it just me or is this HC beastly? ROF stability are realy high, and i can even get quite a few kils with it
Any other HC recomended? I have the new monarchy one also

Edit: argh. Posting on mobile is almost as bad at the S.A.B.E.R strike

i'm too old to become invested in a game like splatoon. i don't think i would have even found it endearing 10 years ago.

not really the game's fault. the art style is just a turn off to me.

the overwatch game has the same cartoony feel but it's more up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom