• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like SRL will have loot and bounties like IB, so you can just grind to max level and get the sweet loot

must say, i am impressed.

also, exclusive black PS4 sparrow :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Happy to hear there will be more awesome gear that I'll never be able to use since I'm a dirty Xbox peasant.

why do we still care about 320 drops.. It's so crazy

I mean it's cool theyre everywhere now but is anyone struggling to do raids because of their light levels

that was a 1% thought probably

How the fuck have we not taken back the solar system yet? We're racing and killing each other everywhere in it. Hell we took over a portion in the dreadnaught just cause.

Guardians need to get their priorities in check.

Am_I_Evil

320 light from races! Plus suit is cosmetic.

320 light drops...and if you don't have a good sparrow you can buy one...what happened to only cosmetic and nothing that could actually affect the game? (yes i know it's only a sparrow, but if it can increase your chance for better gear, and you can pay for it...isn't that what they said they wouldn't do?)

I have played this game for 756 hours as of today. On Xbox One. I have beat every mission, strike, raid, just like everyone else. I've enjoyed some of my time, I've grinded boring boring shit some of my time. This game has its highs and lows its not perfect but its not terrible. It could be better. So thats why I just make lists of things they should do!

Factions:
1.Faction battles: When a few members of different factions are close together in the world start a crucible-like battle around the current public events, like control WARSAT for more time than the enemy. Kill more Fallen, Vex, Hive than the other faction.
2. At the end of the day if you participated in a public event and your faction won the most events on X planet get X planet materials delivered to post office.

UI + Ease of Gameplay, added simplicity:
1. In each subclass menu when you hit Y there should be two slides a PvP slide and a PvE slide. This way you can setup a PvP options and PvE options for each subclass. The game will be setup so entering a Crucible mode selects and turns on all your PvP options and once you head back to a planet mission or raid or anything else you'll automatically get your PvE options equipped. So if I didn't explain that well you'd hit Y on your subclass your PvE options would show up and if you hit Right Bumper or whatever it would slide over to your PvP options you wanted to equip. Thats it.
2. Add ability on the character select screen to hit Y button on character to view inventories to see what items are on players. This makes inventory management more bearable, and you no longer have to select characters and load them up to see what they have. (This has been made less important by Tower Ghost apps and DiM but I'd still like it in game when not on computer or with phone)
3. For better customization and player integration all capes/bands/marks should be able to be worn while repping a faction of your choice. So you can wear what you want when you want and be whatever faction you want. (This has been worked on by including rankings on the quest screen in the UI - Using tokens and disbanding actually wearing class items as a means of getting rep since TTK, however I still think this option is better)
4. Add options for Automatic Breakdowns of Greens and Blues after hitting Level 30. (This changes with TTK as blues can still be useful as infusion fuel)
5. Automatic Breakdown by shooting Green/Blue drops.
6. Options to go straight to Tower/Reef instead of just to Orbit. L1 and R1 perhaps. Why do I need to watch my ship fly through space only to be brought into a lobby showing a image of space to select the tower to see more of a ship flying?
7. Ability to open a map and see where Areas are on each planet.
8. If you are in an area where glimmer + item wont effect you you should not be able to use (and waste) the item.
9. Skip Cutscenes by Holding Y. This is pretty common sense by now. No one cares about the cutscene after the fifth time through and beyond. (This one was actually added, great job Bungie)

Sparrows
1. Add Sparrow customization. Allow us to go into our sparrow like we were choosing upgrades on an armor piece or weapon and let us select upgrades to sparrow. Different sparrows will have strengths and weaknesses in each stat and let us pick upgrades on our sparrow with parts found throughout Destiny's worlds.
2. Add a Sparrow racing game mode that would be chosen from the main world overview screen and would MM you against other players wishing to run sparrow races. Sparrow races can earn rep towards prizes and you can also be rewarded prizes for winning.
3. Maps would be circuits of hoops placed around the current planets in Destiny.
4. Time trials for each "map" and leaders would be on a visibile "leaderboard" in Tower.
5. Occasionally you'd see groups of Guardians on Sparrows flying past you while you are doing a mission or something and it'd be like man this game is pretty vibrant with things to do and whatnots.

Resources:
1. Ships are big things made up of lots of materials. When breaking down unneeded ships Guardians should receive glimmer, and planet materials. At least you're getting something out of your 10th ship from Atheon even though you still haven't gotten an Epilogue.
2. Backgrounds, emblems, shaders should all breakdown to glimmer. More common sense. Chatterwhites actually look cool I just don't need fifteen of them. This allows your fourth Chatterwhite which most definitely cannot be defined as anyone logical as useful in ANY WAY to be somewhat of a useful loot drop because at least you will end up getting SOMETHING for your work/AKA "Fun".

Nitpicking:
1. Please correct your player animations and modeling, So often I see stuff like certain weapons clipping through your character. A rifle clipping through your cape. Your cape just sort of floating behind you instead of laying down on you. Its 2015... You spent 400 million United States dollars on this shit... You can do better.
2. End Game. Your end game was kind of about hitting the highest level in Vanilla Destiny. You got the loot it gave you the light and you got the level. Now the light is detached from the level and everyone can hit 40. This actually wasn't a change. It just changed the highest level you could hit from 20 to 40. You still need the loot to get the light. Well, we are all still just waiting for each weeks refresh to run the raid hoping we get the gear only this time it has to be a PERFECT roll. So now its even harder. You've literally made the wall for the end game more annoying and more time-gated than it was. We want to be powerful we WANT to play with all the guns. Make the game less about grinding for hours and hours to get the gear and find a way to make people WANT to continue to play after you've given them the gear. Also give me a Telesto I already have six Invectives...

Crucible:
1. Work on balance
2. Actually test your game. I just spent one hour for the last four days grinding Iron Banner three times I came across a Sunbreaker Titan dude hammering away while in Gunslinger mode. While I'm in golden gun mode I put a shot on him and he just eats it still has a little piece of health left and he proceeds to toss a hammer seeks me out kills me in one shot and he starts gaining his health back instantly looking for his next victim. Yes I know Bungie has already mentioned this is being fixed soon, but why did it even happen? This scenario happened to me THREE times in just FOUR hours of gaming. Clearly if average gamers like me were in Bungie Studios, testing this game for what? like, say an eight hour shift? Statistically they should have came across this scenario six times a day...Or 30 times during their week. How did this ever get released?
3. Make a clear shift towards the gameplay being more interesting and less ADHD-riddled. Slowly work towards lowering the TTK just a bit. Work on creating supers that arent just about using them to get a one shot kill and purely offensive in nature. Supers in my opinion should just be more about helping the team or giving a slight advantage for awhile. Like hunters could have a PvP super mode where they use it and for ten or so seconds can see through walls and detect enemy movement. Think Titan Bubble. A less offensive more situational Super.

Hire Juices:
1. Hire Juices.

That is all I have right now. Thanks for reading if you have. If you haven't you aren't even reading this part so you should feel bad but you won't.

Didn't watch the event or anything but I heard Sparrow Racing is back. Anything else from my list. If less than 5 items game is still not fixed IMO.

blamite

He specifically called it the winter event, so I'm actually kind of worried this won't be on a regular rotation like Iron Banner...

DNAbro

Just had a thought. I bet the next "content" update will be updating Vault of Glass and/or Crota's End, Prison of Elders.

You know, instead of new actual content.

why do we still care about 320 drops.. It's so crazy

I mean it's cool theyre everywhere now but is anyone struggling to do raids because of their light levels

that was a 1% thought probably

There's no reason people stopped caring was mostly because it was a pain in the ass to get 320 gear.

Whether it's an arbitrary gain or not, if it isn't a hassle to get it, why not get it?

Granted for people complaining about "YOU CAN BUY A SPARROW THAT IS GOOD" I think any legendary sparrow will be equivalent to each other. And since you can solo Crota and Atheon at a high enough light level I'm not really concerned about how legendary sparrows will be sold.

He specifically called it the winter event, so I'm actually kind of worried this won't be on a regular rotation like Iron Banner...

Yeah. This is the Winter's Festival of the Lost. Also, I have to wonder how much their is to do since its three weeks. Any rewards will be cosmetic. No one uses masks anymore.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Weird that they would make something that obviously took so much effort and then only have it for three weeks.

blamite

Yeah. This is the Winter's Festival of the Lost. Also, I have to wonder how much their is to do since its three weeks. Any rewards will be cosmetic. No one uses masks anymore.
Well, I'll definitely be using my masks while racing at least, as long as they don't force you to wear a racing suit.

Why take all this content that clearly had a ton of effort put into it and only make it playable for 3 weeks out of the year? It seems like a huge waste, like at least make it bimonthly or at the very least quarterly. Maybe that's the plan, even, but then why have deej specifically call it the winter event? Bleh

I just... sparrow racing does nothing for me. Baffled that people actually want it. But at least it's making lots of people here happy.

Sparrow racing is not the content update I was waiting for.

Update the previous raids. Give us back PoE. Fuck, it's not rocket science. Remember House of Wolves, when there was too much to do?

I am not even expecting new things. Just valid reasons to keep playing.

Namikaze1

Venus map is the only one that looks good out of the two.

And it's just two maps. -___-

Shit's gonna get old after the first few hours.

Sparrow racing is not the content update I was waiting for.

Update the previous raids. Give us back PoE. Fuck, it's not rocket science. Remember House of Wolves, when there was too much to do?

I am not even expecting new things. Just valid reasons to keep playing.

lol what

maybe if you just bought the game but you could make that argument for any expansion

I hope they don't update old raids.. id rather have new content

After watching the Vidoc it really brings home that Bungie really wants to try and make this game as fun and engaging as possible, must suck to be shitted on constantly by the overzealous community though, I guess that's maybe why Luke doesn't post much on here anymore :/

Namikaze1

I fucking hope they do update the old raids. Or better yet, add a new PoE difficulty exclusive to TTK owners. Bosses will be raid bosses and it guarantees a 320 gear with the big chest dropping 310-320 gear. Make it the toughest PvE challenge yet.

After watching the Vidoc it really brings home that Bungie really wants to try and make this game as fun and engaging as possible, must suck to be shitted on constantly by the overzealous community though, I guess that's maybe why Luke doesn't post much on here anymore :/

Well the 1% of the 1% wants more content. I'm sure many other people do, too.

This is definitely a nice surprise, but just hope there's something else to come especially considering it's a limited-timed 3 week event.

Also, Bungie always makes SUPERB teasers/vidocs/trailers.

lol forreal the joy in that video is like the exact opposite of this thread where people react to destiny like a shitty retail job they're stuck in

Highwind

Anyone doing Kings Fall Normal Mode mind helping a noob like me get familiar with it?

I've only done it once and I am still not familiar with the mechanics. My light level can hit 300, maybe 304.

This sparrow update looks fun, for free content I'm happy. Also Georgetown beat Syracuse so I'm double happy. Bungie is taking a risk and I support them (will be buying a sparrow). I want Destiny to evolve into a huge game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom