• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Having looked at the sparrow RL video again, this is what I think:

The rewards will be sparrows and class items. No actual gear.
We won't be able to race with our own guardians or sparrows, rather pre-made ones like in the trailer.
It will be a pve type activity, so you'll need to load it up with a fireteam.
There's new gear in the trailer, though. The sleek racing suits and the like.

Having looked at the sparrow RL video again, this is what I think:

The rewards will be sparrows and class items. No actual gear.
We won't be able to race with our own guardians or sparrows, rather pre-made ones like in the trailer.
It will be a pve type activity, so you'll need to load it up with a fireteam.

Nah they highlight all the gear, plus they showed it in the tower.

I'll help really just need HM Oryx (have the CP) but happy to start from the beginning, any idea what time ?

psn aanx10uss
As soon as we (hopefully) get six.

Let's make a roll:

Oryx HM full run including WP challenge:

1. j0hnny_385
2. aanx10uss

Frenden

Banned
Some gear/sparrow only available on Eververse store. Saw that in the small text at the end of the trailer.
Oof. I like the idea of Sparrow Racing, but was hoping for a little more out of the announcement. But I really hope SRL has no pay to win elements.

I will probably spend forty bucks on dumb Eververse Sparrow bullshit next week because I am weak and bad and weak.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Should've been in from the beginning. It should be an ongoing everyday thing. But this adds nothing to the actual Destiny universe. It's going to get stale fast.

Some vehicles and gear shown only available by purchase in-game through Eververse store.

Holy.

Well we always knew that she would sell Sparrows at somepoint, due to Tess having idle voicovers that says something along the lines of 'these are some fast sparrows'. The gear will be interesting though.

Some vehicles and gear shown only available by purchase in-game through Eververse store.

Holy.

Catch me in the tower wearing the best racing suit that only costs 3000 silver:

tumblr_myu60waPZg1ryrcbmo1_250.gif

^not fully NSFW, just a little sexy.

GhaleonEB

Then I'd rather them forego the small events and give us one big content update between now and next fall. They could've announced something like that today and at least we'd have something to look forward to.

tbh I'm leaning toward uninstalling for another 9 months.

The entire idea behind this is to provide a more steady stream of stuff to do, rather than blocks that have long dry spells in between as we had over the past year. It's much better from a development standpoint - no more perpetual crunch - and for us as well, as new stuff will be hitting with much more regularity.

So it begins.

Unless it turns out cosmetic only.

Racing only works if all the Sparrows are normalized to the same speed. They'll be skins, just like the FotL masks were cosmetic only.

How about a way to purchase ships and shaders with glimmer instead of RNG? Level 35+ with DO and still can't get The Nowhere. I play trials 3X and can't get one of those either. I'll take that over sparrows.

shingi70

Banned
Oh look more exclusive cotnent I won't be able to use a year from now.

So ideally why isn't their a live team as well as a team to work on an expsion pack for March or something. Why is the majority of the end game content and and families of gear (skolas, queen) still at year one standpoints.

Racing looks cool though.

Hm. The biggest thing about this for me is, that it confirms the theory floating around House of Wolves release that sparrow racing was going to be a thing originally(on phone so cant find the video).

Come on Bungie, give me Horde mode! And not the shitty version we got in HoW!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I mean, the ONLY way to make sparrow racing good is to have it be like mario kart

and that'll not happen

Will anyone do a normal kf raid? I've never done it but have done vog & crota. 292 hunter. PSN Patatatinahat

hawkian runs noobie raids weekly, check out his posts, he's a great teacher

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is Destiny mirrin' FFXIV?

Game is dying!
Infuse patch #.##.#
Content burned out
Game is dying!
Repeat!

2-3 week content burn, then recycle!

SRL is Chocobo Racing, now I await the Destiny Golden Saucer presented to you by "The Stranger"
Go gamble with your Glimmer!

Then Destiny 2 will let all guardians get transported to Alpha Centuari and we go have a blast there!
There be Space Darkness Dragon and new Horn Race
New item called Light of the Forgotten, use it and change your race and appearance
1st free, next 1 is 800 Silver

Well played Bungie!

Wow only 3 weeks of sparrow racing?

Well that's dumb.

Paragon and Gearbox's shooter look fun. Ff7r looks great.

Such a great time to be a gamer. So much promising stuff.

Destiny on the other hand... Wish we would get any idea of their eta on any new content. New missions/raid type content. The fact that it's a limited time event sucks. I'm sure they will bring it back every so and so but yea.

I don't understand whole new IB gear when I couldn't even complete a set after 2 whole ibs

DNAbro

I mean yay new thing but 3 week event? really? that's what this is? If this is how they are going to do everything I rather have just payed for new content. Challenge mode seems like a complete bust already and I'll play to try this but this just seems like there is going to be no real content until Destiny 2. I already don't really feel like playing the game as often anymore and this isn't helping.

Ken

The entire idea behind this is to provide a more steady stream of stuff to do, rather than blocks that have long dry spells in between as we had over the past year. It's much better from a development standpoint - no more perpetual crunch - and for us as well, as new stuff will be hitting with much more regularity.

Racing only works if all the Sparrows are normalized to the same speed. They'll be skins, just like the FotL masks were cosmetic only.

The idea works if it's stuff people want to do. Putting a racing mode in a game about shooting aliens with shiny new guns and armor to get more shiny new things would be a good idea if it came out alongside another mode to shoot said aliens.

But who knows, maybe it'll be great. I don't mind it too much since I haven't even touched TTK raid and I've yet to get past 300 light or get myself a sword, but for other people who have exhausted TTK it must be really boring.

Strider

Except when that new stuff isn't worthwhile and does nothing to address the current problems with the end-game.

Limited time events that feature microtransactions along with time-gated exotics are not what I had in mind for Y2 content.

This is even worse than the overpriced dlc we got in Y1 to me. Agree to disagree I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom