• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure-Larry-David.gif

Hmm are there any other PS4 raid newbies that want to run a Normal King's Fall here soon? (if we don't hear back from the other two guys first)

Right now we've got one newbie and 3 (maybe 4?) possible vets. But I'd like to have at least 2 if not 3 newbies just to spread the help around a bit more.

If you can't find anyone, I'd be willing to go (I've beaten the raid twice thus far). PSN: mashbaugh67

I love trials, it's really fun when it works witty lagging players. But reaching Mercury, what's the point now that the weapons are no longer using elemental burn?

They are the same weapons as you get from the 5 and 7 wins and bounties. They just have the ADEPT in them and higher light.

Or am I missing something?

daedalius

Sure would be nice if they'd being all those other strikes forward. New horde mode too please

Oh well, sparrow racing should be alright.

Aw man, i'm at 260 light. Is that too low? I heard 280-290 is where you want to be for raid...

Yeah, sadly 260 is gonna be a little rough. With an experienced group you could carry it, but since we already have a few newer players it's probably not ideal.

Definitely can be raid ready once you hit 280-290 like you said.

Mindwipe

Hmm are there any other PS4 raid newbies that want to run a Normal King's Fall here soon? (if we don't hear back from the other two guys first)

Right now we've got one newbie and 3 (maybe 4?) possible vets. But I'd like to have at least 2 if not 3 newbies just to spread the help around a bit more.

It's 10 pm UK time, but if its starting reasonably soon I'd be cool with that.

Yeah, sadly 260 is gonna be a little rough. With an experienced group you could carry it, but since we already have a few newer players it's probably not ideal.

Definitely can be raid ready once you hit 280-290 like you said.

Coolio. Hopefully RNGesus is nice to me and gives me some good loot on these strikes :3

Ken

I'd be interested in the newbie run. 294 Titan but totally blind on the raid, but not a huge deal to me if someone else wants the spot.

I love trials, it's really fun when it works witty lagging players. But reaching Mercury, what's the point now that the weapons are no longer using elemental burn?

They are the same weapons as you get from the 5 and 7 wins and bounties. They just have the ADEPT in them and higher light.

Or am I missing something?

Can roll between 310-320 and have Last Resort as a built in perk.

It's 10 pm UK time, but if its starting reasonably soon I'd be cool with that.

Yeah if you're up for it you would be our 6th and we could start ASAP. The 5 of us are ready to roll now.

My PSN is DrDrizzay101, go ahead and shoot me a FR and join whenever you're ready.

lol what

maybe if you just bought the game but you could make that argument for any expansion

I hope they don't update old raids.. id rather have new content

New content might happen in the new year but I doubt it. The majority of Bungie is prepping Destiny 2. Updated content is a quick fix to the very real endgame content problem.

Lol really? House of Wolves was basically just Trials, PoE was boring after you had completed each unique boss, was so utterly tedious.

To each their own. I loved House of Wolves. Two raids, 5(?) arenas. Iron Banner and Trials. RNG-free progression to max level. Hopscotch grinding. Re-rolling for the perfect NLShadow. Always a reason to play.

Can roll between 310-320 and have Last Resort as a built in perk.

Yeah. I hope bungie fix this and add more unique stuff for people that reach Mercury. As it is now, it's not really important to reach Mercury for me. The bounties and drops from playlists is almost as good. And I don't even use the trials weapons, except from a sniper that has a god roll. Still once I get a god rolled 1000y stare I will use that instead.

GutZ31

Is it just me being jaded, or was that PSX one of the worst game event shows?
They started off with Uncharted, and FFVII, and said that this was the tone for the rest of the show... lies.

New content might happen in the new year but I doubt it. The majority of Bungie is prepping Destiny 2. Updated content is a quick fix to the very real endgame content problem.

To each their own. I loved House of Wolves. Two raids, 5(?) arenas. Iron Banner and Trials. RNG-free progression to max level. Hopscotch grinding. Re-rolling for the perfect NLShadow. Always a reason to play.

Fair enough, personally wasn't that fun. Iron Banner was vendor reskins, I raided VoG and Crota 3 times a week when they were current so had zero desire to ever run them that religiously again, the rerolling negatively impacted the entire competitive scene and you could reach max level in two days. Trials was the only experience that was worth the time with the Lighthouse still being my favourite location in the game. Didn't help that all the armour was as ugly as sin besides the Egyptian themed stuff.

Basically once you had hit max level, completed all the areas, got your trials set there was no reason to play. Grinding for a single gun in strikes is a clear indication of a lack of engaging content.

They started off with Uncharted, and FFVII, and said that this was the tone for the rest of the show... lies.

You must not have watched many EA press conferences :p But overall there was some cool stuff shown, isn't intended to be a event on the scale of E3 and more a celebration and a look ahead for next year, particularly with the VR stuff.

It was super disappointing. Last year's was much better. Also like Sentinel said EA pressers have been terrible recently.

Fair enough, personally wasn't that fun. Iron Banner was vendor reskins, I raided VoG and Crota 3 times a week when they were current so had zero desire to ever run them that religiously again, the rerolling negatively impacted the entire competitive scene and you could reach max level in two days. Trials was the only experience that was worth the time with the Lighthouse still being my favourite location in the game. Didn't help that all the armour was as ugly as sin besides the Egyptian themed stuff.

Basically once you had hit max level, completed all the areas, got your trials set there was no reason to play. Grinding for a single gun in strikes is a clear indication of a lack of engaging content.
I don't even disagree with what you saying, for the most part. You appear to have played much more than I did. So your mileage on the existing content would be different. That said, there is even less to do in the game right now.

The only thing I disagree with is that re-rolling negatively impacted the PVP scene. My perception is twofold - Bungie created some ridiculous guns/perks that you had to have to be competitive and then gave everybody a (relatively easy) way to get them.

So I switched QuickDraw to reinforced barrel on my 1000yd, holy fucking aim assist it makes a huge difference

Yeah that's the key to the quest reward 1kYS- rifled barrel. I think I'd actually prefer a Shortgaze-R Barrel- Hidden Hand roll over snapshot, although having both options would be ideal.

That first perk doesn't have a lot of great options. Honestly Last Resort isn't bad at all for people that prioritize Trials. Only other decent options are like Life Support or Grenadier.

I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately there tends to be some exclusivity to the regular groups who know they can rely on each other to consistently go flawless.

For the rest of us plebs it seems to be, given the new matchmaking, a lot of heartbreak once we get past 5-6 wins. It's understandable because no one deserves to be carried but when it happens it still is nice.

Yeah, trust me I know this can be a big problem. That's why I try to help out where I can but it's always a matter of having enough helpers. It looked like you did a run w Wicked and Ruben earlier so that's good. If there's anyone else around later I'm down for some more cards (after this raid sherpa).

Good stuff thanks, will practice a bit once I get my gear together. Will need to remind myself that I'm playing NS, I've been a getting little too used to throwing a knife as a GS.

One thing I forgot to mention for NStalker: use Blackhole. It has huge tether range so you don't have to get that close to the Hammer Bros. Don't think of the tether like a golden gun or any offensive super (where the super itself gets a kill).

Instead focus on tethering appropriate geometry (walls, ceilings, etc.) so that supers or revived players get stuck. A quick sniper body shot will finish them off. Much better than overexposing yourself trying to hit someone dead center mass for a kill.

i tried that but its hard. i havent been to the lighthouse year 2 and that immidiately disqualifies me for most LFGers despite having a medium to okay kd (1.5)

I'll be around later tonight or tomorrow and hopefully be able to help some more Trials if you're around. Depends on how long the current newbie raid takes.

todd360

Are there any good pictures of the new iron banner gear? Also wth. I still don't even have the helmet from the set we have now. They should have made new trials gear.

Klyka

Banned
Sparrow Racing looks fucking amazing, can't wait to jump back in for that!

I love this game. I can just leave it, come back for cool stuff and have fun and then leave again. Just as it should be!

Are there any good pictures of the new iron banner gear? Also wth. I still don't even have the helmet from the set we have now. They should have made new trials gear.

for real i think one of the biggest reasons I'm playing way less trials is because collecting the same exact gear i rocked in house of wolves isn't exciting to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom