• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

I'm glad I didn't spend my free silver. I only race with the best sparrow tech. I'm the Jeff Gordan of sparrow racing. I'm the crash bandicoot of crash team racing. I'm the motherfuking luigi of Mario kart.

Strider

I'm glad I didn't spend my free silver. I only race with the best sparrow tech. I'm the Jeff Gordan of sparrow racing. I'm the crash bandicoot of crash team racing. I'm the motherfuking luigi of Mario kart.

Did they mention how much the sparrows will cost? Still got my 400 silver too

todd360

401 Silver.

Damn. I will have to woo everis for a slight discount.

Todd. I heart you, but you will eat my sparrow's dust.

Sparrows don't have dust you fool. Let me explain this for all you inferior intellects out there. A sparrow propels itself with a large ion thruster. An ion thruster is a form of electric propulsion that creates thrust by accelerating ions.

The ion thruster uses the coulomb force and accelerates the ions in the direction of the electric field. When the ion passes through the electrostatic grind engine, the potential difference of the electric field converts to the ion's kinetic energy.

Understand your ion thruster and you understand your sparrow. Those who are ignorant of their sparrows propulsion system will be the first to suffer defeat.

phen0m24

We asked for this. Early on.

We asked for ways to make patrol fun again.

We mentioned the last time patrol was fun was when we were racing back and forth out of each zone to the chests.

They are making something that is not the same old missions done backwards. Not another Pokémon game.

It's something fun. It's something we'll play and laugh about when we get shot off the track or crash or whatever.

Racing isn't
"Must be 311 with ToM"
"Must be able to go flawless"
"Why are you not in the bubble"
"What the heck spawn camping"
"PvP balance!"
There will probably still be cries of lag tho

It's a diversion. We'll have a good time. We'll be done fast. Oh well.

If we are talking sparrow prices, you can bet your engrams theyll be $9.99 or whatever the funny money equivalent is. The race suits? Thatll be $4.99

We asked for this. Early on.

We asked for ways to make patrol fun again.

We mentioned the last time patrol was fun was when we were racing back and forth out of each zone to the chests.

They are making something that is not the same old missions done backwards. Not another Pokémon game.

It's something fun. It's something we'll play and laugh about when we get shot off the track or crash or whatever.

Racing isn't
"Must be 311 with ToM"
"Must be able to go flawless"
"Why are you not in the bubble"
"What the heck spawn camping"
"PvP balance!"
There will probably still be cries of lag tho

It's a diversion. We'll have a good time. We'll be done fast. Oh well.

Not enough negativity, 0/10 post would spit on it again.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I want SRL 2.0 to be double dash version
1 Guardian to sparrow, 1 Guardian to shoot obstacles/players

Get to it Bungie!

Hopefully you will all get a kick out of this.

As an Australian, I often get terrible, terrible lag in Destiny. It's a testament to how good the game is that I can stomach playing Crucible (and Iron Banner in particular) some days - it's just that bad.

Generally the lag just results in kill delays, shots around corners, wasted Golden Gun shots and overall funky hit detection. If it's really bad I'll see teleporting but I put that down to just people with really poor connection.

So I've been browsing my recent clips and creating a bit of a Crucible highlight reel. In doing so I stumbled across a clip that I had saved purely for the hilarity/weirdness of the lag - it includes an invisible enemy, levitating and my inevitable death.

Video is less than 2 minutes in length, however skip to 1:30 if you want to jump straight into the lag experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4pnkt27QlU

Luis_23

Team crossroads, Macello and SonComet thanks for the runs! It was great playing with you guys! Sorry I had to dip out so quick :/

Hopefully you will all get a kick out of this.

As an Australian, I often get terrible, terrible lag in Destiny. It's a testament to how good the game is that I can stomach playing Crucible (and Iron Banner in particular) some days - it's just that bad.

Generally the lag just results in kill delays, shots around corners, wasted Golden Gun shots and overall funky hit detection. If it's really bad I'll see teleporting but I put that down to just people with really poor connection.

So I've been browsing my recent clips and creating a bit of a Crucible highlight reel. In doing so I stumbled across a clip that I had saved purely for the hilarity/weirdness of the lag - it includes an invisible enemy, levitating and my inevitable death.

You must live near Ruthless!

Yeah its the most retarded thing ever. Press x to kill a guy. Most mindless and skill-less thing in this game. Says a lot about the guy too since he goes in a fight expecting to trade at best.

The problem is, I don't see how they can fix them. They could definitely tone down the homing on them, but otherwise they're going to be a problem without fundamental changes to the classes and grenade archetypes overall.

You must live near Ruthless!

I don't know what that means... :(

GlamFM

Banned
I've said it before and I'm ok with it.

The main team is gone and doing "greater things", we are left with the live team and have to adjust our expectations.

We'll get fun events, quests and remixes in Y2.

Surely no "meaningful" new content on the scale of the first DLCs.

I'd eat my hat if we get a new raid before Destiny 2.

But, the stuff we are getting will be free - financed by optional microtransactions for entirely cosmetic stuff.

It's fine.

Looking forward to the racing event.

Can't wait for Destiny 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom