• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully you will all get a kick out of this.

As an Australian, I often get terrible, terrible lag in Destiny. It's a testament to how good the game is that I can stomach playing Crucible (and Iron Banner in particular) some days - it's just that bad.

Generally the lag just results in kill delays, shots around corners, wasted Golden Gun shots and overall funky hit detection. If it's really bad I'll see teleporting but I put that down to just people with really poor connection.

So I've been browsing my recent clips and creating a bit of a Crucible highlight reel. In doing so I stumbled across a clip that I had saved purely for the hilarity/weirdness of the lag - it includes an invisible enemy, levitating and my inevitable death.

Video is less than 2 minutes in length, however skip to 1:30 if you want to jump straight into the lag experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4pnkt27QlU

There's a bunch of Aussies in here now, you can add us.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

I've had that kind of lag a couple of times, especially during iron banner.

You must live near Ruthless!

The problem is, I don't see how they can fix them. They could definitely tone down the homing on them, but otherwise they're going to be a problem without fundamental changes to the classes and grenade archetypes overall.

I don't know what that means... :(

Don't worry, he's just kidding. Queensland has way worse internet than Victoria. Also add him cause he's an Aussie as well.

Whereabouts are you in Aus?

From the sound of it, no more paid content this year. All, content we are going to get will be from the live team, kinda sucks
But sparrow racing looks fun as hell.

D_psipher

Joined a lfg group for HM Oryx. Let's see how this goes. So far my confidence in this group is low.

EDIT: That was not sooo bad. Took two attempts. One guy kept running to the wrong blight bomb but we still got it done quickly.

There's a bunch of Aussies in here now, you can add us.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

I've had that kind of lag a couple of times, especially during iron banner.

Don't worry, he's just kidding. Queensland has way worse internet than Victoria. Also add him cause he's an Aussie as well.

Whereabouts are you in Aus?

I'm in Brisbane and can confirm that QLD internet is poor... very poor.

I'll starting adding!

I had 320 no backup plans drop from a silver package :D

Both silver and gold packages dropped crap this week me. The mrs got a 303 artifact in her gold package. I didnt even know that was possible. Hopefully the races will have good loot. And ib is a little over a week away and paid very well last time

Namikaze1

i saw the ff7 stuff earlier and i was damn hype. didn't see the UC4 stuff.

speaking of that, WHEN IS DGAF GOING TO PLAY THE UC4 BETA HOLY MOLY
I don't have the collection. :(

If I did, I would be playing the beta right now instead of being disappointed with the racing trash stuff.

Afrocious

^ I told you all to just use redbox to grab the disc, install the game data, and then dl and install the beta. That's all you need the disc for. You can play the beta without the disc itself once the beta is installed on your PS4.

^ I told you all to just use redbox to grab the disc, install the game data, and then dl and install the beta. That's all you need the disc for. You can play the beta without the disc itself once the beta is installed on your PS4.

If only we had that in Aus, ah well, still want to give the other three games a go.

neoism

holy shit been playing bloodborne non stop
havent been following destiny at all .. the 8th

RACING :O O:

@______@

neoism

deeem titan nerfs...

giphy.gif

Mindwipe

Let me throw this out there again. Dead and Mike I believe are still up for it. Area Mindwipe, Zoonami, and Nightz around soon? We could run it as soon as everyone is ready. Sounds like Mike may have to crash before too long if people aren't ready now.

What: Newbie friendly Normal King's Fall

When: ASAP

Who:
1.) Boguester (vet)
2.) Mindwipe (newb)
3.) ZOONAMI (newb)
4.) Nightz (newb?)
5.) Mike (newb)
6.) Deaf (newb)

I was having mic problems guys, so I don't think you could hear me, but I just wanted to say huge thanks for helping me run though.

Afrocious

I'm up for Crucible trains (I don't have enough coins for Trials because fuck Bungie) or I'm up for Uncharted. Any DGAFfers wanna make a Crucible/UC4 train?

I was having mic problems guys, so I don't think you could hear me, but I just wanted to say huge thanks for helping me run though.

Yeah I don't think we could hear you but it wasn't a problem at all. You could clearly hear us and were responding well to the directions so it worked out just fine.

Great job to you and Pat for getting through that raid so well. Warpriest took a little longer only because we were doing the Challenge mode, then we beat Golgoroth on the first try. Daughters had some bad luck and silliness but eventually got it done. I was amazed at how quickly everyone picked up the Oryx strat and we kicked his ass very promptly. Only a couple quick wipes to show everyone how the fight worked then we knocked it out. Congrats!

Thanks to Mash, Ruthless and Deaf for all the help as well!

So, yesterday I got one of the legacy engrams from xur. I had around 230 coins on my vault, and missing some year one weapons . I had bought one previously and I had dragons breath decoded (Was missing that one to). Got Dregs promise. Got another legacy engram, and lo and behold, lord of wolves get. Now I'm only missing the queensbreaker bow, vex and necro.
Would be nice to manage the entire colection.

Top ot the page stealth edit: lord of wolves in normal crucible it's a lot of fun
Need to try atheon epilogue in there also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom