• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man the salt.

Played 3 matches. Narrowly lost the first two, so not getting rewarded wasnt too bad a burn. But it seemed 1st place was a guarantee reward based on those two matches. Won the third, and not only was I not rewarded but literally eveyone else got legendaries and several got shaders.

This is still destiny. Lovely. Back to fallout it is.

NeOak

DO 2 rank ups - got both vacuum diagram and fermi solution, already had the ugly third one. 3/3 ships.

NM 2 rank ups - got armor of vows and the visible hand, had zero NM ships. 2/3 ships.

FWC 3 rank ups. Zero ships. Had no ships prior. 0/3 ships.

No guesses to why FWC is the worst faction ever.

Not as bad as original Queen's Wrath.

Lnkn52

SRL, overall, I really like it. Too bad it's only two tracks. But what can we expect from a developer that it's truly known for it's FPS so I say, good try.

Just some random thoughts from my time playing tonight:

Golgoroth Challenge is alright. Easy for a good group.

The Fabian Strat and Hard Light seemed "meh" at best.

The Twilight Garrison looks hideous.

I got 4 Crest of Alpha Lupis tonight. COME.ON.

I didn't notice much difference with shotguns.

Sparrow racing is fun with a group. I don't think it has much in terms of legs though.

Trials this weekend should be fun.

My Hawksaw did 2 less damage.

Deku Tree

Lead Raid Designer Gavin Irby:

Gavin: Hello again, my fellow Raiders! I wanted to give you a heads-up on an upcoming feature for the King’s Fall Raid: Challenge Modes!

Early in December, one of the King’s Fall bosses will offer their challenge each week. You’ll see which boss when you select the Raid in the Director. It will display next to a skull, just like one of our Nightfall modifiers. They work on both normal and hard mode, and offer rewards to match.

Each boss’s challenge requires that you defeat them in a very specific manner. How, exactly? We’re going to leave that up to you to discover (but apologies in advance to those that run the single-pool strat for Golgoroth).

Good luck, Guardians!

Where there is a will there is a way... single-pool strat is stronger than ever for CM Golgoroth... lol.. what were you apologizing about Gavin?

GhaleonEB

So, the Omnigul strike is a good demonstration of how old content gets refreshed with the Taken King additions. For the boss, rather than hang out at the doorway we spent the entire strike swinging away inside the room, in the weekly playlist, no less.

Explosive Void tethers and three swords swinging and tons of enemies....that opening room and boss fight were amazeballs. o_0

HC's are definitely in a good place right now. When I should hit, I hit. When I'm wild and shouldn't hit, I don't. First Curse is decent now and Ace of Spades is amazing.

So, the Omnigul strike is a good demonstration of how old content gets refreshed with the Taken King additions. For the boss, rather than hang out at the doorway we spent the entire strike swinging away inside the room, in the weekly playlist, no less.

Explosive Void tethers and three swords swinging and tons of enemies....that opening room and boss fight were amazeballs. o_0

I could imagine. Shadowshot would just tether allllll the enemies in the room, sunbreakers just blow everything up, and stormcallers just.....chain everything.

Now is that testament to how bad that strike is, or how weak the vanilla subclasses were?

Lnkn52

Smoking the competition. 2nd place was 10 seconds behind and all I get is 2 motes.

CVxDDFnUsAAnHFr.jpg:large

CVxDEtHUwAAC64e.jpg:large

Mindlog

Thank you group for the Golgy challenge kill. Got some solid 320 boots.
Unfortunately got a crappy 310 Thunderlord instead of Dragon's Breath :[
Thanks again everybody. I have now completed the challenge in two different styles. Next time 6 pool!

AngerdX

So which sparrow to go for, and any that would like to party up while racing, atleast in a party chat just to talk shit about it. :)

Ken

SRL is amazing, I just wish I didn't feel so compelled to play the Silver slot machine to get that one Sparrow. ;_;

You could try getting S License on all your characters for 3 free Sparrow kits lol.

I got a Laurelbearer from my free one and it doesn't glow. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom