• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so excited for this patch. Now I'm just sad.

Also has anyone found that being 310+ does absolutely nothing for heroic strikes? I tried to help two 260light players do some last night and we were doing almost no damage despite me using 315 snipers and rocket launchers etc. One strike took over 30 minutes.

Also has anyone found that being 310+ does absolutely nothing for heroic strikes? I tried to help two 260light players do some last night and we were doing almost no damage despite me being 315 snipers and rocket launchers etc. One strike took over 30 minutes.

I've been saying this since the 3rd week.

You still die just as fast as being 250 light level. It's stupid.

Sushi, "Just got an exotic heavy engram. DRAGON'S BREATH!"

Me, "Did you decrypt it with your highlest level gear equipped?"

Sushi, "NOOOOOOOOO! 290!"
;__;

GrandioseClearcutEsok.gif

My friend logged in after 7 weeks of being away from Destiny to do a nightfall with me.
Got a 289 legendary fusion rifle as a reward.
Thanks, Destiny.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Also has anyone found that being 310+ does absolutely nothing for heroic strikes? I tried to help two 260light players do some last night and we were doing almost no damage despite me using 315 snipers and rocket launchers etc. One strike took over 30 minutes.

I've been saying this since the 3rd week.

You still die just as fast as being 250 light level. It's stupid.

Why is that surprising though? I'm confused. You're saying that doing a strike with 315, 260 and 260 doesnt have enough DPS for a Heroic Strike? That sounds like working as intended to me?

I wanna see how Bungie justifies .04% being a change. Like in what world are they going to defend .04% being a significant change.
Why is that surprising though? I'm confused. You're saying that doing a strike with 315, 260 and 260 doesnt have enough DPS for a Heroic Strike? That sounds like working as intended to me?

The point is that you takethe same amount of damage at 315 light level as you would beong 260 light level.

In a nutshell: light level is meaningless when doing heroic strikes.

lt519

I wanna see how Bungie justifies .04% being a change. Like in what world are they going to defend .04% being a significant change.

Programmers backspace and delete keys are broken and he already typed 4 so they just had to make it work. Limited budget due to everyone glitching a free $10, obviously can't afford a new keyboard and mouse.

Namikaze1

Been getting helmets above 300 for a long while now. I wonder how long before a 320 helmet drops. Highest so far has been a 309 helmet.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I also think this scenario is much more likely:

Gametesting team: 4% patch!
Coders: Mistakenly do 0.04% Patch
Marketing: Oh shit we fucked up change the patch notes to 0.04% Quick
Gametesting team: wtf guys it was supposed to be 4%!!!
Marketing: but we only did 0.04% so we made it accurate
Coders: wait what was it supposed to be now
Testing: FOUR PERCENT
coding/marketing: 4/100 percent? So 0.04?
Testing: NO. 4. FOUR. 4 PERCENT. NO FRACTIONS
marketing: but we already changed the patch notes
Coding: you didnt bother asking?
Marketing: well it WAS 0.04!
Coding/testing: you're idiots
Testing: coding, make it 4% stat
Coding: okayokay
Marketing; so should we change the patchotes back?
Coding/testing: NO WRITE NEW NOTES AND APOLOGIZE YOU TOOLS
marketing: fine fine... I'll do it... Tomorrow. I need a nap now.

Jinjo

Hol up... Emotes (that I possibly paid for) are drops now?! Sry if I'm late.

Yes they are. The fall emotes are now possible Nightfall rewards. What is even more disgusting is that Bungie in last week's update ENCOURAGED people to buy the old emotes with a message of: "they might not be around anymore soon".

Which in my opinion, is far fucking more shady, disgusting and misleading than changing a percentage number change on a fictional gun.

Edit: the actual fucking quote:

Before we go, here’s a final shopping tip: If you see something you like on the Eververse store – something you’ve been meaning to pick up any day now – this is a good time to grab it. The December Update will refresh the inventory available from Tess. She’ll put the stuff you see now in some bags you can still acquire with some Silver, but their contents will be less direct and predictable.

blamite

Yes they are. The fall emotes are now possible Nightfall rewards. What is even more disgusting is that Bungie in last week's update ENCOURAGED people to buy the old emotes with a message of: "they might not be around anymore soon".

Which in my opinion, is far fucking more shady, disgusting and misleading than changing a percentage number change on a fictional gun.

That's not a quote.

V8xuwdJ.png

Just to be clear, did you actually get a emote bag as a drop, and then open it and get something you've already bought?

I haven't been paying super close attention, so I may have missed something, but as far as I'm aware I haven't seen confirmation that this happens.

I do find it really strange that the Sparrow mystery bags say "Will contain a Sparrow not currently owned," while the emote bags just say "Highly likely to contain an emote not currently owned," but if they have the ability to limit bags to only drop unowned items, I don't know why they wouldn't apply that to both bags, so I want to avoid jumping to the conclusion that emote bags are giving out dupes.

Has anybody actually confirmed that those bags can contain emotes you already own?

They can only contain the pre-patch emotes.

If you already have all the pre-patch emotes, what else are you going to get?

Though, if you don't have some of the emotes, then it's likely you will get those from the package.

Frenden

Banned
The auto rifle damage debacle is entertaining. There's no way 0.04% is right. Why even advertise a damage buff if that's all you're doing?

Jinjo

That's not a quote.

V8xuwdJ.png

I'm paraphrasing a bit, I added the actual quote to my message already but the intent of that bit on the update remains the same. Nowhere does it say: these emotes will now be available for free in our game after this week. You can fill in the obvious answer why that sentence is not in the actual quote.

Jinjo

The auto rifle damage debacle is entertaining. There's no way 0.04% is right. Why even advertise a damage buff if that's all you're doing?

It's funny as fuck when you start doing some actual math. The actual change is 0,02 (I even rounded up to be nice, it's actually 0,016) damage points per shot on a gun that does 40 damage per shot. So on a five shot kill that's a 1 damage point difference, if the game even counts decimals that far.

Frenden

Banned
I guess HCs feel better. More than balanced, guns just feel like a frankensteinian mishmash of altered values. I don't know how anything is going to behave anymore.

phen0m24

Went to first page of thread.

Realized while I've run with Wicked and Unstable

I've never actually played with Wicked and Rubenov at the same time

blamite

They can only contain the pre-patch emotes.

If you already have all the pre-patch emotes, what else are you going to get?

Though, if you don't have some of the emotes, then it's likely you will get those from the package.

Right, if mystery bags aren't 100% guaranteed to give you an emote you dot have, there's a problem, whether you bought the bag or got it from a drop. And if you have all the fall 2015 emotes, the fall 2015 bag should be removed from your loot pool, the same way already owned emblems and shaders are. If either of these things isn't the case, then yeah, there's an obvious problem. If those aren't the case though, I'd have a hard time getting upset over the situation. The problem is (afaik) we just don't know, because Bungie isn't saying anything.

I'm paraphrasing a bit, I added the actual quote to my message already but the intent of that bit on the update remains the same. Nowhere does it say: these emotes will now be available for free in our game after this week. You can fill in the obvious answer why that sentence is not in the actual quote.

Eh, I have a hard time finding it "shady." Deej is bad at communicting information, but the intent of the line from the update seems pretty obviously to be "if you want a specific thing, buy it now, because we're putting it into a mystery bag next week," hich is pretty different from "they might not be around anymore soon."

edit: Oh and the eapon balance thing is obviously a massive fucking disaster. I'd be super pissed about that if I had any intent of playing the Crucible in the next three weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom