• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Does anyone know how many shaders there are to collect through the sparrow racing? I've had 7 different shaders drop for me so far lol. I'm only rank 1!

Could try pooling all the ones we have in a list?

Kronos
Midnight Lumos
Bright Laurel
Phosphors
Azura
Shimmer
Hallow

Well I had it exactly backward. I assumed the patch notes were right originally, the update was wrong, then the notes were updated accordingly.

I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt so I'm not going to assert they messed up in the patch and are now burying it. But a 0.04% damage change is really odd. How do you even identify the need for that, much less measure the impact? The stated goals in the patch preview is out of step with a change that small.

Edit: also note he mentioned the changes to the patch notes over an hour ago.

I understand wanting to give them the benefit of the doubt, but believing that they intended to buff a weapon's damage by 0.04% is a huge stretch. 0.04% is not just really odd, it is imperceptible.

I would rather believe that they messed up the patch and are trying to cover it than believe they know so little about their game that they think 0.04% means anything. I'd find more comfort knowing they had intended to make an actual change to the game. If they REALLY meant to buff a weapon by 0.04%, it is actually really terrifying to me.

And to wait until tomorrow to say anything about it? Why, time and time again, do they seem to feel the need to make people wait for a weekly update? Beetleheaded.

So, the assault rifles getting 0.04% change is incomprehensible. No way for people to actually notice that. Why change it. BUT. That's what people are reporting.

Lyudmilla went from a 31 crit to 25. In what world is that 0.9% change?! That's 19%!

rs_500x209-140606093912-tumblr_n4aelvB9Pb1rizu9io3_500.gif

Listen. I don't begrudge them waiting a day to investigate, come up with a plan and get their ducks in a row. That's reasonable.

What's unreasonable is if this is the intended change not communicating that to players. Because it's not a patch notes typo. It's not. It's a dramatic change from the Balance Update he himself wrote last month. Not communicating a massive departure from the plans you told the whole community is ridiculous.

I played one match of Crucible and had the uncomfortable feeling that nothing had changed. Based on newly-edited patch notes, that uncomfortable feeling was bang-on.

todd360

Yeah, about that shelter...

Um, you see, there was this thing that happened. A lot of folks ended up dying. Like a lot. I tried to get inside but someone followed me. He had a large group with him. the fallout shelter no longer belongs to us.

I will call vault-tec and see if we can get a good deal on a new one.

Does anyone know how many shaders there are to collect through the sparrow racing? I've had 7 different shaders drop for me so far lol. I'm only rank 1!

ZERO.

I have zero. I thought losing would get me all the loot, it did not. Something is broken, pls fix bungie

Seriously, I think there are about 8 new shaders, but i'm not sure.

Raven117

Am I wrong to enjoy stuff like this?

Part of being a Destiny player is putting up with B.S..This is just one more thing to add to the list and brings the community together...

Am I wrong to enjoy stuff like this?

Part of being a Destiny player is putting up with B.S..This is just one more thing to add to the list and brings the community together...

It would be fun except that Reddit will eventually start suckling bungies teat soon enough whilst exclaiming 'Oh great changes Bungie!'

Reddit literally ruins everything.

GhaleonEB

I understand wanting to give them the benefit of the doubt, but believing that they intended to buff a weapon's damage by 0.04% is a huge stretch. 0.04% is not just really odd, it is imperceptible.

I would rather believe that they messed up the patch and are trying to cover it than believe they know so little about their game that they think 0.04% means anything. I'd find more comfort knowing they had intended to make an actual change to the game. If they REALLY meant to buff a weapon by 0.04%, it is actually really terrifying to me.

And to wait until tomorrow to say anything about it? Why, time and time again, do they seem to feel the need to make people wait for a weekly update? Beetleheaded.

Right. The whole thing is baffling, from the change to the way the communication is happening.

My long take hypothesis is we're seeing a combination of 1) simply bad communication but also 2) too many cooks in the kitchen. I think Deej's communication with the community (that is too many M's) is really frustrating, but there's been a downward trajectory on Bungie's communication as they grew in size. With this patch it feels like they tripped over themselves a bit due to the complexity of the update, but also in the communication of the problems found.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You guys do realize there's a Shader kiosk right

There's either 10 or 12 new SLR ones, I dont remember but I checked. Someone can drop by there to confirm.

I said the same before all this blew up, I don't even think HCs have changed
I don't get it. They acknowledge all the problems, announce fixes, and then don't follow through. What's the point?
Although I did just murder a Sunbreaker... that 3 sec delay to Cauterize is a huge change.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Okay I checked, there are 8 new ones

Shimmer
Phosphore
Bright Laurel
Krokos
Midnight Lumos
Azura
Momentum's Pride
Hallow

5/8 for me!

GhaleonEB

Did the nerf to shotgun range impact PvE as well? If so are they as bad sounding on paper as they sound? They looked like good updates to PvP but I fear it will nerf them into oblivion in PvE. Been doing missions that warranted snipers since the update and haven't tested them.

lt519

Alright thanks DJ

I'll share the checkpoint for the next 20-30 minutes, psn: rarbusto

Just shoot the orb down to start golgi and wipe me, i'll be making dinner.

Edit: that won't work you'll be dead...i'll keep an eye on it :)

You guys do realize there's a Shader kiosk right

There's either 10 or 12 new SLR ones, I dont remember but I checked. Someone can drop by there to confirm.

8, including 1 from the book.

Alright thanks DJ

I'll share the checkpoint for the next 20-30 minutes, psn: rarbusto

Just shoot the orb down to start golgi and wipe me, i'll be making dinner.

Edit: that won't work you'll be dead...i'll keep an eye on it :)

no, run back and jump in the hole like a pro

Sushi, "Just got an exotic heavy engram. DRAGON'S BREATH!"

Me, "Did you decrypt it with your highlest level gear equipped?"

Sushi, "NOOOOOOOOO! 290!"

shermas

D-pad, but it seems like emote tricks are restricted to trick sparrows.

Side boost is literally what it sounds like. You have a limited stock of them recharged by doing tricks and passing through gates. You can use them to take corners, make quick lateral changes, or change your angle going into or out of gates, among other things.

Thanks for answering! Internet karma points for you.

The racing is pretty good, but they could use a couple more tracks... I didn't touch Destiny for like 3 weeks (I had to cold turkey), but the racing brought me back in.... then I did 3 nightfalls.... then I did a couple strikes.... then I started looking for a group on LFG for the raid....

Sushi, "Just got an exotic heavy engram. DRAGON'S BREATH!"

Me, "Did you decrypt it with your highlest level gear equipped?"

Sushi, "NOOOOOOOOO! 290!"

Year 2 end game, folks. Working as intended.

tumblr_inline_nrfre6huFa1ttynqk_500.gif

Mydah, mydah is everywhere.

0.4% isn't patchnote worthy. I don't get it.

That's the killer! It's not 0.4%! It's 0.04%!

Zero point zero four percent.

Not even half of a tenth of a percent.

For every 1,000,000 you do, you now do an extra 400. 148 crit shots to get an extra point of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom