• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
at rank 3 what?

I think they are talking about the SRL ranks
Sparrow racing league
Yeah, SRL rank 3.

CVzyrIaUkAA_iV1.jpg:orig

SnakeEyes

Banned
Nothing feels good.

We've gone from a few exotic HCs being overpowered in year one to all guns feeling like crap in year two. Progress!
So PvP is pretty much a writeoff in it's entirety now? That's great, that means all we have left is the raid and SRL. Not feeling good about this at all :-/

Frenden

Banned
So PvP is pretty much a writeoff in it's entirety now? That's great, that means all we have left is the raid and SRL. Not feeling good about this at all :-/
Me neither, man. PvP is all I got. SRL will be dead to me as soon as I finish off the book and quest (which is close coming). It's not bad, but I'm not having a blast doing it either.

With Rank S are all drops 320 now? This will be a great way to level up all your helmets and class items.
I'm pretty sure it's tied to rank not license level.

You would need to have done A LOT of races to hit rank 3 already (~100). It should get easier as more daily bounties become available.

daedalius

Nothing feels good.

We've gone from a few exotic HCs being overpowered in year one to all guns feeling like crap in year two. Progress!

I dunno, HCs feel pretty solid right now.

Especially in inferno, as usual.

I was having fun anyway. Definitely a lot more variety right now, obviously because people think changes are live.

Frenden

Banned
I dunno, HCs feel pretty solid right now.

Especially in inferno, as usual.
HCs feel like dogshit to me. Shrug.

They don't feel consistent. Buffed or not, slightly less bad or not, not being able to reliably predict behavior makes for frustrating encounters.

Guns felt fine to me in PvP. HC's in particular felt more reliable. Played around with my First Curse, Ace of Spades, Uffern HC4, and Kumakatok HC4. Still have to try out my Water Star (Adept) and Finnala's Peril.

Mindlog

Three challenge mode completions. I'm actually pretty happy with Golgy. Sure it's very easy for some groups, but it's a solid challenge.

Got a 320 chest, but I believe it's my 3rd Disc/Str drop this week. Really hope they revisit the loot system again.

My Titan looks proper now. Head to toe harrowed armor.

Still want to here some of DGAFs opinion on my 2016 game list. I need to be ready and I trust you guys with recommendations

Darryl M R said:
I believe I'm not even going to be worried about Destiny's lackluster free DLC in 2016 here is my gaming list for 2016:

• The Witcher's Season Pass on PS4 (Q1, 2016)
  • Fallout 4's Season Pass on PS4 (Q1, 2016)
  • Star War's Battlefront's Season Pass on PS4 (Q1, 2016)
  • Journey on PS4 (Q1, 2016)
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 on PS4 (02/09/16)
  • Tom Clancy's The Division on PS4 (03/08/16)
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End on PS4 (03/18/16)
  • Quantum Break for Xbox One (04/05/16)
  • Dark Soul 3 on PS4 (04/12/16)
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst on PS4 (05/24/16)
  • No Man's Sky on PS4/PC (06/30/15)
  • Deus Ex Mankind Divided on PS4 (08/23/16)
  • Destiny 2 on PS4 (TBD 2016)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 (TBD 2016)
  • Gears of War 4 on Xbox One (TBD 2016)
  • Paragon on PS4/PC (TBD 2016)
  • Hyper Light Drifter on PS4/PC/Mac (TBD 2016)
  • Final Fantasy XV on PS4 (TBD 2016)
  • Overwatch on PS4/PC (TBD 2016)
  • Crackdown 3 on Xbox One (TBD 2016)
  • Furi on PS4 (TBD 2016)
  • Ashen on Xbox One/PC (TBD 2016)
  • Friday the 13th on PS4 (TBD 2016)
  • Nioh on PS4 (TBD 2016)
  • Lawbreaker on PC (TBD 2016)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands on PS4/PC (TBD 2016)
  • Mass Effect Andromeda on PS4 (TBD 2016. . haha)

for racers who forgot to pop a 3oC before the race, you have until the last racer is in to do so. this should give a few forgetful first placers a chance for an exotic.

SRL is a complete joke, sigh, it's so boring and repetitive put on hyper drive (no pun intended). I had this feeling at PSX after just one race lol.

I think I'm going to just walk away from the game for awhile or hell I may actually quit. Because there's nothing in the future with this game to be excited about, and after 1500 hours of game time. I think I officially burnt myself out with it.

I would stay for the competitive multiplayer but the lag was the worse I've ever seen this past weekend for Trials. So yeah, I'll see you guys around.

Just been reading what the hell went down today and I was mad at first, but this is so fucking stupid it's funny. Good fucking grief, Bungie.

I actually feel sorry for Deej.

Can you only get an exotic if you are in first place?

I never played Persona and it doesn't look like something I can get into :(. I wish I could feel the hype for it but it feels so foreign to me.

You listed Final Fantasy XV so I figured you might like some JRPGs. What about it doesn't speak to you? Persona 3/4 are some of the best modern RPGs out there.

Dreez

Still want to here some of DGAFs opinion on my 2016 game list. I need to be ready and I trust you guys with recommendations

I think that's already plenty of games and a good amount of those aren't just play once and done. My 2016 list is probably just a fraction of yours ;D

You listed Final Fantasy XV so I figured you might like some JRPGs. What about it doesn't speak to you? Persona 3/4 are some of the best modern RPGs out there.

Besides Pokemon I don't like turn based games anymore. Just lost the charm for me. If I can play an old Persona game I will just to see before I write it off completely.

I think that's already plenty of games and a good amount of those aren't just play once and done. My 2016 list is probably just a fraction of yours ;D

Ha it is filled with stuff that might get delayed and indies

Magik

Well I just read the "updated" BWU regarding the "balance" changes to the ARs and PRs and all I have to say is "LOL".

I honestly don't know what to think. I think this has to be a landmark moment for Destiny that will be remembered for quite some time. It ranges from mindboggling to just utter bewilderment as to what this company has become with this game.

Seeing nonsense like this makes me really worried about the future of this game and what is to come.

At the of the day... what on Earth is going on with Bungie!?

todd360

I never played Persona and it doesn't look like something I can get into :(. I wish I could feel the hype for it but it feels so foreign to me.

No. Your not allowed to feel that way. Persona 5 speaks to us all.

Gameinformer:
Persona is known for confronting difficult topics. What different issues did you want to tackle with this cast?

Each of the characters, including the protagonist, has the mindset that – for one reason or another – they no longer have a place where they belong in society.

Play persona 4 golden and tell me you don't like it with a straight face. I quadruple jump dare you.

Besides Pokemon I don't like turn based games anymore. Just lost the charm for me. If I can play an old Persona game I will just to see before I write it off completely.

Ha it is filled with stuff that might get delayed and indies

Gotcha, although I would say that Persona is very similar to Pokemon as far as collecting and training up your various personas.

Another game you might want to look at is Firewatch. 2016 is gonna be such a good year for all types of games.

Namikaze1

You know, I was happy yesterday when I learned that getting off your sparrow is instant death since that would mean no teabagging.

Then I came across people who chose to teabag another way: by running their sparrow back and forth on you.

I will admit, I admire their tenacity. they'll keep finding ways to teabag just as we find ways to cheese shit.

SnakeEyes

Banned
You know, I was happy yesterday when I learned that getting off your sparrow is instant death since that would mean no teabagging.

Then I came across people who chose to teabag another way: by running their sparrow back and forth on you.

I will admit, I admire their tenacity. they'll keep finding ways to teabag just as we find ways to cheese shit.
200_s.gif

todd360

The true spirit of teabagging is alive and well.

SRL is a complete joke, sigh, it's so boring and repetitive put on hyper drive (no pun intended). I had this feeling at PSX after just one race lol.

I think I'm going to just walk away from the game for awhile or hell I may actually quit. Because there's nothing in the future with this game to be excited about, and after 1500 hours of game time. I think I officially burnt myself out with it.

I would stay for the competitive multiplayer but the lag was the worse I've ever seen this past weekend for Trials. So yeah, I'll see you guys around.

No Vaal! Wait till next week's Oryx challenge mode at least. I suspect a lot more players will take a break after that...

neoism

Did the nerf to shotgun range impact PvE as well? If so are they as bad sounding on paper as they sound? They looked like good updates to PvP but I fear it will nerf them into oblivion in PvE. Been doing missions that warranted snipers since the update and haven't tested them.

theyre pretty useless now in pvp lol... just gonna use snips from now on.... :/

Falifax

WideBaggyBettong.gif

Also I was surprised that I already acquired all the SRL shaders when I visited the kiosk, didn't even play too much of it and I'm just rank 1.

tariniel

I just tried the races and personally feel like they are too long. I don't know I just feel like 2 laps would be better or make the laps themselves shorter somehow. I played each map once and feel like I don't need to play it any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom