• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still working on shaving seconds off my Venus times. I've seen better, but right now my best is 4:07 on Venus and I put the video up here

What sparrow are you using?

How do you maintain 130+ speed without boost or gate? The max I get is between 115-118kmph.

Your handling is very good, I can never get the sparrow to respond as quickly as you can..

Ghazi

What sparrow are you using?

How do you maintain 130+ speed without boost or gate? The max I get is between 115-118kmph.

I'm using the Momentum sparrow, but all the SRL sparrows are the same. I hit most of the gates, and the ones I missed I took the speed hit, so there wasn't any trick there.

Missing the gates reduces your top speed, if you didn't know that.

I know that. but you are maintaining a speed of 130+ normally, missing a gate takes it down to 115 or so.

My normal speed is 115 and missing a gate takes me down to under 100. That's what I don't understand.

daedalius

I need to check that out next time Banshee has it for ordering.

Thats a reason why i dont like the Down and Doubt but Reinforced Barrel helps on the Kumakatok I got.

Im just happy HCs overall are somewhat usable now.

Somewhat usable?

TLW is a murder machine again. It's incredible.

So it looks like my moaning about Crucible connections wasn't just moaning (for a change) :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...ible_matchmaking_is_broken_after_patch_proof/

I know the matchmaking pool has probably shrunk a lot with SRL and other games but, its ridiculous the distance of the players I get matched with

Somewhat usable?

TLW is a murder machine again. It's incredible.

Did you use it pre patch? I did for about two weeks and whilst ADS range has improved it seems like the hip fire range has been nerfed

daedalius

So it looks like my moaning about Crucible connections wasn't just moaning (for a change) :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...ible_matchmaking_is_broken_after_patch_proof/

I know the matchmaking pool has probably shrunk a lot with SRL and other games but, its ridiculous the distance of the players I get matched with

Did you use it pre patch? I did for about two weeks and whilst ADS range has improved it seems like the hip fire range has been nerfed

Pre patch I couldn't hit shit with it while ADSing, now it seems reasonably accurate for the most part. Hip fire seems totally fine, but I'll admit I didn't use it a ton pre patch either, because I just didn't feel like it was useful enough.

Skidd

I know that. but you are maintaining a speed of 130+ normally, missing a gate takes it down to 115 or so.

My normal speed is 115 and missing a gate takes me down to under 100. That's what I don't understand.
Never brake unless necessary. Using the right stick to steer is critical to maintaining your speed, notice how Ghazi's camera shifts agressively during tight turns. Using the left stick to shift your weight/yaw is also pretty important. Side dodges should only be used to quickly correct yourself or dodge obstacles because they slowly kill your momentum. Or in junction with a quick turn to make it even sharper.

bitsurugi

I think there are a few different levels to the communication problems. The first is there's a general uneasiness about the future of the game we're all invested in. Destiny is a 10 year journey, and one year in Bungie initiated a major change to how the game will be supported and funded - and barely communicated their intentions to the community. They pivoted to micro transactions without ever stating what their line in the sand regarding what can go the MTX route, so people are uneasy with each update and the subtle ways the line has shifted. We have no expectations about what kind of scope the Live team will develop, what their planned cadence is, etc. We don't really know where the game is going. I think the community is still on edge about MTX and are waiting for the other shoe to drop. Bungie doesn't seem to recognize this unease. Deej and company have said they want to keep releasing surprises like SRL, with little to no warning. That's fine, but I think they are making a big mistake in providing no compass whatsoever about Destiny's near or long term future.

The other is in how they do bring out information. Deej is needlessly, relentlessly opaque in the BWU's, obfuscating information when there's often no reason to do so. Why was the release of the challenge modes a surprise? Why was the date of the patch saved for PSX? Why does he say things like "in one rotation of the earth" instead of "tomorrow"? Why are so many changes made to the game without context or explanation (the Great Weapons Parts Famine of 2015)?

The moment to moment communication is really quite poor and seems totally detached from what the community, who are clearly very invested in the game, want to hear. I understand there's a lot they can't talk about. They're not going to announce the next expansion / Destiny 2 plans this early. Their long term roadmaps for the game may still be in flux. But it just feels like there's a fundamental disconnect with what the community is interested in and what ends up in the BWU's and other communication channels.

Well written. Agree, 100%.

I am really a disappointed customer right now.

Bungie has in mind a 10 year plan, yet it fails, where it should be the strongest: support loyal customers/gamers - they have no content for such a big time gate to keep the game ''live''.

I can tell you right now: if we weren't so addicted and if DGAF didn't exist, we wouldn't even notice if we quit Destiny until Fall2016. All our time from now, up to D2 will be worthless, since Y3 items will come and all Y2 will be obsolete (which is ok, but ... c'mon, there is still 9 months to Fall2016!).

And i also fear, that the ''big'' content-event willl be the ''revamp'' of old raids and adding old strikes to the playlist (which should have been done since day1 of TTK!!!!). Oh and also, let's not forget the addition of ''new'' old exotics and the one we still miss (those titan boots etc.), which are already in the Armory.

Meh, i am REALLY pissed and bitter atm. A wannabe MMO (kind of) with no content. This sux.

Here, Bungie, take my $$$, hell, i will give you $$$ on a monthly subsciption base, ...
... just give me a RAID, STRIKE, PVP maps, new gear (not restyled existant gear), new perks (boy we need those, esp on armor) etc.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yay Monte Carlo finally. Does it not drop from engrams or something?

It does, I got a Monte Carlo 310 just yesterday from a Sparrow racing 3oC engram :lol
LEGACY PRIMARY WOO I WANT TLW FINALLY DAMNIT

also so many 3oC to buy now that they work for crucible

shit I need more coins

edit: oh damn I also need to buy a drive to upgrade the sparrow to 170 don't I... damnit

also, random question: What's the best non-exotic pulse rifle? I realized I only use NTTE and Red Death and they're both exotics, which is a bit of a bummer sometimes for crucible bounties.

maomaoIYP

Tempted to buy radiant dance machines and manacles, but dat 280 light.

also, random question: What's the best non-exotic pulse rifle? I realized I only use NTTE and Red Death and they're both exotics, which is a bit of a bummer sometimes for crucible bounties.

Nirwen's mercy. The first IB in year 2 sold a perfect roll.

Jinjo

Yeah. Chlamydia-D is dead. Twenty percent-ish damage nerf. Four bursts to kill consistently. Slowest TTK of all PRs by a big margin now.

I don't get this. DIdn't the graph in the update show that all PR's would not need a whole extra burst to kill? You just had to hit 8/8 bullets out of your burst instead of 6/8 (example, too lazy to look up actual values for high-impact PR's). Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Bought Dragon's Breath yesterday. It's basically an "add-Gjallarhorn" if you aim properly. A lot of fun. Taikonaut helmet is so good with it too. You don't really need Ruin Wings because of Surplus and those two don't stack iirc, right?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Tempted to buy radiant dance machines and manacles, but dat 280 light.

Nirwen's mercy. The first IB in year 2 sold a perfect roll.

I still hate myself for not getting that one :( What else? Or how can I get a Nirwen's Mercy aside from RNG....

Jinjo

Oh wait I forgot Revenant is the shader I want. Oh well I got my first ever dead Orbit shader so that's cool

I like Bittersteel more than Revenant. Looks so cool with Helm of Inmost Light. I really want The Hanged Man most of all the DO shaders.

maomaoIYP

Are you up for an hr or so of grasp farming in a bit?
I'm still on the way home, will be back in about 60 minutes. I can help out if you're still on then!

I still hate myself for not getting that one :( What else? Or how can I get a Nirwen's Mercy aside from RNG....
I bought 3 LOL. Your next best bet is a perfect rolled PDX-45. The gunsmith is selling it this week. He still has not sold the PDX-41, which is what I would actually recommend.

Ken

Is there a hidden cooldown on using 3oC in crucible or in general? Is it affected by if you get or don't get an exotic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom