• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
12322413_10153119725432680_7723608067641301555_o.jpg

I suddenly have an urge to open a Destiny-themed Bar and have such drinks as the Thorn, Hawkmoon, and No Land Beyond.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That feeling when as you're flying towards a match in progress you hear "they've got them all, they have total control"

NOPE

Frenden

Banned
That feeling when as you're flying towards a match in progress you hear "they've got them all, they have total control"

NOPE

Second only to, "HEAVY AMMO INBOUND." That's my nightmare. Match in progress, they all have heavy and supers. And it happens constantly.

Zocano

So much this.

I think it's a weird situation to fix because they feel bad to shoot because all the enemies end up being super tanky but making all the enemies die quick is equally bad. They had a fine balance before but now they're screwing things all around without also modifying health on enemies in PvE.

shingi70

Banned
Anyway to cheese the Sword kills for Exotics.

Trying to kill the taken champion in the rocketyard and it seems harder then the others.

Smiley90

Anyway to cheese the Sword kills for Exotics.

Trying to kill the taken champion in the rocketyard and it seems harder then the others.

Hilt kills in rumble count. No ammo, just punch people with the sword equipped

GhaleonEB

Fyre helped me run a bunch of Court of Oryx, and then Fear's Embrace last night for the SRL bounty. Turns out the fragment I got from CoO tripped the next step in the ToM bounty: Run Fear's Embrace again, this time with the wizard showing up at the end.

Half hour of failing was enough for one night. It's the worst encounter in the game and I wish it was adjusted before it appears on any more quests. :(

Afrocious

Fyre helped me run a bunch of Court of Oryx, and then Fear's Embrace last night for the SRL bounty. Turns out the fragment I got from CoO tripped the next step in the ToM bounty: Run Fear's Embrace again, this time with the wizard showing up at the end.

Half hour of failing was enough for one night. It's the worst encounter in the game and I wish it was adjusted before it appears on any more quests. :(

Keep it. It's arguably the best part of TTK because it's infinite bullshit

Smiley90

Arguably the hardest quest

You only have to kill the wizard though, not the boss. Bring two defender titans, you can constantly keep the bubble up and it becomes MUCH easier

Mindlog

If you'd like to knock it out right now let me know.
My favorite mission in the game :]

I thought you were doing the sparrow mission, could have just asked for help. You just have to kill the wizard, it's not that hard.

GhaleonEB

A few thoughts on the BWU.

I said before - many times - that what I have been hoping to see from Bungie was some expectation setting about the support for year 2, at least in the near term. I think Urk did that and I'm really happy about it.

Urk said:
Events, activities, content, and features designed to keep you happy, entertained, and rewarded throughout the year to come: some events and some activities that will become additions to your Director.

The first of these early 2016 experiences will be on a scale close to Festival of the Lost. The second will be far larger than anything you’ve seen since the release of The Taken King. There’s also another significant update to the world and sandbox planned in this same window.

It’s true that we’ve updated the playbook based on what we've learned to date, and to better tap into what makes Destiny unique. Last year, we all waited five months and ten days between content drops after December. This year, the plan is to deliver new experiences at a faster clip. To that end, the updates described above are all currently slated to hit across Winter and Spring of 2016, with more to come, as well.

Two events, one small scale, one very large, with additional feature/sandbox/world updates in the mix between now and spring. That sounds pretty good to me, and it's a much faster cadence than we had in year 1. Obviously specifics would be nice - are we talking core experience, PvE, PvP, experimental stuff, endgame? But personally this is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for: just some markers in the ground to look ahead to and a sense for the scope to expect.

I don't know how anyone can read Weisnewski's update and not have a lot of empathy. That horrible sinking feeling when you realize you dun goofed up is a thing, and I can only imagine how hard it hit after the update went out. I think his illustration could have been a lot more clear - I still don't understand the interplay between the various systems that result in the number that pops up when I shoot something - but I think he otherwise handled this about as well as he could have. Anyone thinking there's some effort to cover things up at this point is just being stubborn.

I still don't understand how changes that small can matter, though. For all intents and purposes, auto rifles are the same as they were, is what I took away from it.

I really don't understand the backlash to this BWU that came in the pages that came after it was posted. It was more clarity and straight talk than we've seen from one in a long time and hit most of the topics we wanted to know about (0.04%gate, future support plans).

I thought you were doing the sparrow mission, could have just asked for help. You just have to kill the wizard, it's not that hard.

Gee, thanks. I just got my ass utterly thrashed for half an hour straight. :p

The speed with which you go from staying on top of things to dead is crazy on that fight. I got to the wizard spawning in several times but could never so much as get a shot off at it before getting overrun.

Smiley90

A few thoughts on the BWU.

I said before - many times - that what I have been hoping to see from Bungie was some expectation setting about the support for year 2, at least in the near term. I think Urk did that and I'm really happy about it.

Two events, one small scale, one very large, with additional feature/sandbox/world updates in the mix between now and spring. That sounds pretty good to me, and it's a much faster cadence than we had in year 1. Obviously specifics would be nice - are we talking core experience, PvE, PvP, experimental stuff, endgame? But personally this is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for: just some markers in the ground to look ahead to and a sense for the scope to expect.

I don't know how anyone can read Weisnewski's update and not have a lot of empathy. That horrible sinking feeling when you realize you dun goofed up is a thing, and I can only imagine how hard it hit after the update went out. I think his illustration could have been a lot more clear - I still don't understand the interplay between the various systems that result in the number that pops up when I shoot something - but I think he otherwise handled this about as well as he could have. Anyone thinking there's some effort to cover things up at this point is just being stubborn.

I still don't understand how changes that small can matter, though. For all intents and purposes, auto rifles are the same as they were, is what I took away from it.

I really don't understand the backlash to this BWU that came in the pages that came after it was posted. It was more clarity and straight talk than we've seen from one in a long time and hit most of the topics we wanted to know about (0.04%gate, future support plans).

Gee, thanks. I just got my ass utterly thrashed for half an hour straight. :p

The speed with which you go from staying on top of things to dead is crazy on that fight. I got to the wizard spawning in several times but could never so much as get a shot off at it before getting overrun.

Haha sorry I didnt mean "just" as in "it's so simple", but as in "only" lol.

I can help you run it if ya want, I'll bring my bubble. We two-manned it with two defender titans so it's definitely possible.

Rehsa

Finally able to login after weeks! Cleaned out my vault of most year 1 shit finally lol.

Question on my old armsday order for Tuonela SR4:

Roll 1 with Life Support/Rifled Barrel/Zen Moment
Or
Roll 2 with Triple Tap/Extended Mag or Hand-Laid Stock/Zen Moment

GhaleonEB

Haha sorry I didnt mean "just" as in "it's so simple", but as in "only" lol.

I can help you run it if ya want, I'll bring my bubble. We two-manned it with two defender titans so it's definitely possible.

Maybe tomorrow, going to call it a night early today, it was a rough one. Thanks though.

Finally able to login after weeks! Cleaned out my vault of most year 1 shit finally lol.

Question on my old armsday order for Tuonela SR4:

Roll 1 with Life Support/Rifled Barrel/Zen Moment
Or
Roll 2 with Triple Tap/Extended Mag or Hand-Laid Stock/Zen Moment

Neither, wait for some better rolls.

Smiley90

Okay a few things I gotta run still:

HM Oryx
Nightfall
NM/HM Challenge on my second char - not sure 301 will be high enough for Golg HM, but if I grab first gaze it might. Otherwise just NM, my gear's still lacking.
Timed Fear's Embrace

Anyone doing any of those tonight still?

HM Oryx
Nightfall
NM/HM Challenge on my second char - not sure 301 will be high enough for Golg HM, but if I grab first gaze it might. Otherwise just NM, my gear's still lacking.
Timed Fear's Embrace

I'll run a nightfall with you,
PSN: HidingMyThunder

Rainmaker

Banned

HM Oryx
Nightfall
Timed Fear's Embrace

I can do a nightfall. No mic right now though if that matters. Just have to boot up the game.
PSN: The_Sacred

the_id

Just got back from work and I haven't touched this game for a few days now haven't really checked out the new update.

It's Friday evening in NZ and I'm going to be Oncall for the next 48 hours and dreading it.

So anyone up for a raid?Anybody want to do a HM raid with me tonight?

Smiley90

Just got back from work and I haven't touched this game for a few days now haven't really checked out the new update.

It's Friday evening in NZ and I'm going to be Oncall for the next 48 hours and dreading it.

So anyone up for a raid?Anybody want to do a HM raid with me tonight?

I MIGHT have some time in like 2h

GhaleonEB

Is this your voice

holy shit

first Zoba is 12 and now kadey speaks

I realize you are joking, but not everyone likes getting teased like this (I certainly wouldn't). I've seen a few people give Kadey crap for not using a mic now and then and while I'm sure it's meant in good fun, please drop it.

The Kumakatok is solid but I prefer the Uffern. I have one with LitC, Rifled Barrel, and Outlaw that does some good work.

I need to check that out next time Banshee has it for ordering.

Range is quite bad, you'll notice shots missing a lot.

Thats a reason why i dont like the Down and Doubt but Reinforced Barrel helps on the Kumakatok I got.

Im just happy HCs overall are somewhat usable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom