• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy Bean

Yeah, I hate what the nerfs have done to the game. A slow TTK is not fun for Destiny. Sniping still has a lot of satisfaction, though.

After messing around in crucible last night in 3v3 modes it seems that 90% of kills are shotgun or sniper. I know this was always the case to a degree but now it is way more pronounced with the various nerfs and non-buffs.

Hit Rank 3 earlier this morning, first five races afterwards I received a 320, 313 cloak and a 314, 311 Helmet. Looking good for infusion fodder.

Rank 4 is 8500 XP.

Good to see 320 helmets are dropping for people at rank 3. I hope it remains consistent. I am about 300 pts from Rank 3 now.

Edit: ALSO - How sad is it that Sparrow Racing drops 320 and Trials doesn't? Arguably the hardest content in the game and my drops have never gone to 320. Dumb. Really dumb.

WipedOut

Weird shit going on with destiny. Went to tower, bought my 3oC, bought needles and changed my bones to have machine gun ammo, got a perfect roll. Booted to orbit when trying to go see Holliday. Look at stuff, reverted to everything before I went to the tower. WTF. Coins back and Bones back to original perks.

when PvP is laggy as shit, it's so fucking rage inducing.
especially when your team is green/yellow, and the other team is orange/red.

Lol, I was on the verge of tears last night trying to get the crucible bounties finished. Win a match with randoms, hope randoms know how to play game mode, pray for no red bars

Honestly the most rage inducing thing ever

Navy Bean

They need a Trials of SRL. Teams of 3 in a best of 3 with weighted points for finishing 1 through 6. All other trials rules and awards apply.

Edit: ALSO - How sad is it that Sparrow Racing drops 320 and Trials doesn't? Arguably the hardest content in the game and my drops have never gone to 320. Dumb. Really dumb.

Its fucking bullshit. Clear the hardest thing in the game get 2 shards, play mario kart for 5 minutes and get the hardest thing to get in the game

Xplicit I don't know if you saw this earlier but they've done something with match making https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...ible_matchmaking_is_broken_after_patch_proof/

omg im about to uninstall this shit. fuck your laggy ass shit. The game shouldnt be this fucking laggy and be allowed.

I think a lot less people are playing Destiny everyday. So now people are getting matched with folks further and further away. I entered Rumble today and everyone was red bar at the start but me. All the clan names were EU stuff.

Now, I ain't no mathmatologist nor nuthin, but it seems like my Finnala's Peril has benefited quite a bit from the update. My ADS shots are hitting pretty consistently. The explosive rounds appear to frighten people a little too. I'll probably run it in trials over the weekend and report back with my findings.

E92 M3

Weird shit going on with destiny. Went to tower, bought my 3oC, bought needles and changed my bones to have machine gun ammo, got a perfect roll. Booted to orbit when trying to go see Holliday. Look at stuff, reverted to everything before I went to the tower. WTF. Coins back and Bones back to original perks.

That's some funky stuff.

Good to see 320 helmets are dropping for people at rank 3. I hope it remains consistent. I am about 300 pts from Rank 3 now.

Are SRL drops guaranteed to drop 320 at Rank 3 or is it just a chance to drop up to 320? I know Trials stuff from the Lighthouse has a chance to drop 320 (Got my 317 HC from it).

Or is the objection with the possibility to drop-post match in SRL while you have to go Flawless in Trials?

Edit: Also, it's a free MP weekend on PS4 guys, so expect performance to drop across the board. It might not but it has in the past.

Now, I ain't no mathmatologist nor nuthin, but it seems like my Finnala's Peril has benefited quite a bit from the update. My ADS shots are hitting pretty consistently. The explosive rounds appear to frighten people a little too. I'll probably run it in trials over the weekend and report back with my findings.

Vendor IB roll on that?

I have two. The one sold. And another with:

Triple Tap

Lightweight
Casket Mag
Rifled Barrel

Mulligan

A thought just occurred to me:

Is Destiny dying? I know we talk about Destiny is dad and all, but for real, is the game dying? Shoddy updates with F2P things not explicitly being called F2P...
IMO yes. You expect a game to survive without actual game content in a year? Sorry I really don't care about reaching 320 light level, having every single exotics since I prob won't even use most of them or maxing out Grimoire score.

Namikaze1

Are SRL drops guaranteed to drop 320 at Rank 3 or is it just a chance to drop up to 320? I know Trials stuff from the Lighthouse has a chance to drop 320 (Got my 317 HC from it).

Or is the objection with the possibility to drop-post match in SRL while you have to go Flawless in Trials?
Just a chance. But they seem to be dropping a lot.

FyreWulff

You can't get weapons off SRL so Trials is still a better way to get max light, in theory.

The Trials time commitment for max rolls is also much shorter than SRL.

Shiv47

Are the SRL 320 drops reliant on being S license or rank 3? If it's rank 3 I'm not bothering beyond what it takes to finish my chaperone quest. Too boring and frustrating to bother.

Wall of text incoming, but there is a tl;dr at the bottom. [snip awesome post below]

Great post! I wanted to dig into all the old numbers and illustrate the ludicrous coincidental x100 and x10 change in numbers between preview and actual patch but I have been only able to post from my phone the last few days and it was proving too difficult. I am glad someone laid it all out. Decisions I don't agree with are fine. If Bungie listened to all of us all of the time, I have no doubt the game would be a complete mess. However, as a grown adult who has had to stick my neck out for my own decisions, no matter how poorly they went in my career.... own up to your shit. It is ok to be wrong. Pretending you weren't wrong and then bending space and time to make it look like your mistake was intended all along is an other level of obnoxiousness that I don't tolerate well in real life, work, or my hobbies. You are too big of a company to pull this petty shit Bungie. It is ok to make mistakes, we just don't like being treated like children.

Vendor IB roll on that?

I have two. The one sold. And another with:

Triple Tap

Lightweight
Casket Mag
Rifled Barrel

Mulligan

If I remember correctly it was a drop as I only had enough glimmer at rank 5 to buy one weapon and went with Nirwen's instead. I have:

Partial Refund
Hammer Forged/Explosive Rounds/Injection Mold
Grenadier

12 round mag and currently have it sitting at 304. Played 2 nightfalls with it and I was impressed with it's performance. I was an OG Hawkmoon main for the longest time until Bungie took a dump on it repeatedly and this seem to be the first HC I've felt comfortable with since. Tried TLW, Water Star, Thorn and some others but never really felt right with any of them. This feels good.

The highest helmet I've gotten in all of TTK came from HM Oryx last night and it was 317.

Just got a 317 from SRL and finished last in the race. All players within 1 second of one another but still last.

That is the highest LL helmet I have received in the game and have 17 HM Oryx kills as well. So, I don't feel bad in the slightest.

I take it then you're not too keen on the RaF thing?

Tbh I totally forgot about it. Thanks a lot for thinking of me, but feel free to pass it off to someone who actually wants it. I know RaF is a popular thing for many people around here. Thanks again though dude.

There's only one way to cheers us all up Drizzay, Your community needs it nay demands you make it happen

This could only be the TLord post or carrying Taiste again, but coming from you I think I know which one...

Drizz, you want to do some trials this weekend? I'm probably rusty by now, been playing too much Tomb Raider + Uncharted

Sure, I'll be around as per usual. Just gonna depend on how much other folks are around. I'm assuming I won't see/hear anything from wicked again today, rube is probably still working and TG is still banned so who knows there.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Completed the entire FACTIONS Crucible questline of 14 steps. Thanks for that Crucible commendation!

lol

It gets you strange coins per week from bounties at least lol

Also I realized I'm flying away for two weeks on Monday and will miss Oryx challenge, meeeh

Anyone doing Golg challenge or HM Oryx anytime soon?

It gets you strange coins per week from bounties at least lol

Also I realized I'm flying away for two weeks on Monday and will miss Oryx challenge, meeeh

Anyone doing Golg challenge or HM Oryx anytime soon?

That was the beginning of the weekly. Do i have to wait until next week to start the actual Weekly Crucible?

I just got rep and that commendation and nothing unlocked afterwards.

Just got a 317 from SRL and finished last in the race. All players within 1 second of one another but still last.

That is the highest LL helmet I have received in the game and have 17 HM Oryx kills as well. So, I don't feel bad in the slightest.

Its a joke. I know its my fault for not doing it and i have zero intention to do so but i've received one helmet above 310 light from god knows how many Oryx clears, flawless, gold/silver packages etc etc

Bungie...com'on...it's great that people have a way to get 320 helmets, but seriously...they should drop more consistently from the Raid and Trials...not sparrow racing. How sad is it that my only 320 helmet, is on my Hunter, and came from last IB? Silly.

Archon473

It's a strategy thing, take the speed gate and deal with the tougher route or take the easier route and miss the speed gate or in some cases attempt to take the speed gate and correct course to the easier route which is also obviously difficult. These decisions affect the racing in meaningful ways and give the player options which makes for more interesting racing in the end.

I love the SRL and hope they expand upon it with the obvious need for more tracks and racing gametypes.

This makes sense in a game like WipeOut HD where there are multiple boost pads and the racer is obliged to find the best line. Believe me, the first time I fought to hit the gate on Mars after the drop steps, I flew inside the turn and skipped it on the next lap. This does not apply to SRL, however, because missing a gate forces a speed penalty on the racer. Hit a gate at 95mph and boost to 120mph. Miss a gate at 95mph and your craft is forced down to 80.

Anyway, other than that, I'll say that the only change I think SRL needs is for enemies on the track to me more aggressive with First place. It's funny to me that Ghost makes the comment about first place means more enemies shooting at me, but because all enemies have terrible aim, they're shooting at me, but hitting anyone behind me. Thus, first place actually catching less flak from enemies.

I'm not sure if it's possible to change the way enemies aim for specific targets, but I feel like that change would really help keep 1st place from breaking away from the pack for a guaranteed win so much.

Listening to the Planet Destiny podcast at PSX with some of the devs, it sounds like enemies on the track are there only for authenticity's sake. I prefer this as the only thing I want impacting my placement is my racing performance.

They really need to fix some of the geometry on these race tracks. Holy shit.

Make it as complex visually as you want bungie, but the terrain hitboxes should be super simple.

Amen, brother.

Shiv47

Its a joke. I know its my fault for not doing it and i have zero intention to do so but i've received one helmet above 310 light from god knows how many Oryx clears, flawless, gold/silver packages etc etc

If it weren't such a grind, I'd keep playing SRL for a helmet, as I can't get a better one any other way. But it's like...ugh. I guess I could catch up on podcasts. Best/only helmet drop from Oryx I've had is a 307 otherwise. Not messing with trials again.

A thought just occurred to me:

Is Destiny dying? I know we talk about Destiny is dad and all, but for real, is the game dying? Shoddy updates with F2P things not explicitly being called F2P...
Destiny 1 will continue to lose players. Destiny 2 will probably be bigger than Destiny 1. It seems to have moved into a sort of CoD cycle where the concurrents are basically half by April but then everyone comes back again for the next major release. I think people will just check in less and less regularly until the Activision D2 hype starts middle of next year.

Deku Tree

You can't get weapons off SRL so Trials is still a better way to get max light, in theory.

The Trials time commitment for max rolls is also much shorter than SRL.

Trials requires skill. So you could play all the time and if you don't have people to carry you, then you may never get to Mercury.

Trials can be done a max of 3x per week too.

SRL can get you high light helmets and class items, and yeah there is substantial time commitment to get to Rank 3 to start getting the 310-320 power rolls. But once you get to Rank 3 you can play over and over again for the same chance at rewards until you get a decent rolled helmet.

Remember when someone this week didn't put their highest gear on and got a 290 Dragon's Breath instead of a 310?

I hope I'm not stepping on his toes posting this from his twitter stream, but Ghaleon's got that beat. He just completed a bounty with his racing gear on:

CV9dKMSU4AAZ5Fy.jpg:large

Year two, man. What a time to be alive.

Remember when someone this week didn't put their highest gear on and got a 290 Dragon's Breath instead of a 310?

Ghaleon's got that beat. He just completed a bounty with his racing gear on:

CV9dKMSU4AAZ5Fy.jpg:large

Year two, man. What a time to be alive.

Im wondering why green engrams randomly drop.

Like, on my hunter Im always getting green engrams. But they never, and I mean never, drop on my titan or warlock. Its so effing weird.

I have gotten exotic helmets at 310 but nothing legendary over 309. HM Oryx has not come through for me. Probably going to be what keeps me hovering at 315-17 light for a while.

Guess I need to get on some SLR then.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Im wondering why green engrams randomly drop.

Like, on my hunter Im always getting green engrams. But they never, and I mean never, drop on my titan or warlock. Its so effing weird.

Green engrams ONLY drop on my alt too. Even though it's lvl40 now too. Never on my main. I dont understand it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom