• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

Yo Nami, Ape, and Todd, I MIGHT be able to do Trials later today. I'm hung over like a motherfucker though.

Like I feel like death or some shit right now.

I can't feel my feet

Did Bungie fuck up the glass needles too? I used about 30 of them on my Ram helmet and ALWAYS got strength on it. I'm pretty sure you were able to get discipline and intelligence instead, or just one stat.

Top of page randomness

tonvI6D.gif

not having 100 posts per page
latest

Namikaze1

That's the main reason I'm doing the racing, I had given up on getting the chaperone until now.

Side question: is there no raid specific exotic weapon for kings fall?
Touch of Malice is that weapon and unlike Mythoclast and Necrochasm, you don't need to do Hard mode and pray to RNGesus for the weapon/Crux of Oryx to drop. Just need to do a long quest (split into two quests) for it.

Love when someone messes up at the last second of a race and I come in first. so good.

I had someone over take me with less than 2 seconds on the track to go. And then they just blew up because they were using an Overdrive Sparrow.

It was the most satisfying first place I ever got.

Whats funny is they had to of known they were blowing up way before I did since your screen zooms out when thats going to happen. So he was probably screaming at the Sparrow to last just a little bit longer.

I picture this:

"Oh fuck..."

"Fuuuuuck..."

"Fuck fuck fuck no."

"FUCKING NOOOOOO!!!!! GOD DAMMIT!"

"MOTHER FUCKING GREAT!"

Did Bungie fuck up the glass needles too? I used about 30 of them on my Ram helmet and ALWAYS got strength on it. I'm pretty sure you were able to get discipline and intelligence instead, or just one stat.

Top of page randomness

tonvI6D.gif

The ram is all strength on the first bubble then disc/str/disc I managed after 10 rolls to get 16 Disc :d

GhaleonEB

SRL goes up SOOOOOO slow. Also, where do I find the piece to make a horn permanent? I dismantled one of my purchased horns but nothing happened. Really want to keep the King's horn.

Wait, the purchased horns don't drop the stuff to make one permanent?

That's shitty.

They do. Trance might've accidentally dismantled the Happy (free) one.
That's what I did, thinking it was going to be like FotL and I could transfer legendary status to my duck horn. Instead I deleted the only horn that would be left after this ends. :\

Namikaze1

Wait. Doing the SRL quest on the alts hands out horn kits at the end instead of sparrow kits?

And there were some folks here telling me I should do the quest on my alts after completing it on my Titan. Screw that!

DNAbro

Completed all the objectives for the Venus track in the record book.

Need 1 more race and 1 more win on the mars track. Also I'm on a 5 game winning streak.

They need to update the Active 3oC to also say PvP events.

Just played a daily rumble in burning shrine and I swear everyone was sniping Gods waiting for Trials to begin or something.

Also, this sweet Revelator for last place. I got 2nd by like 1 kill, sigh.

Hey, Ape

Trials...

Hell. Yeah. I will be on 7:30PM Todd Time tonight. I am up for as much trials as everyone can handle. It might be a busy weekend so if I can get runs and bounties on more than one toon that would be great.

Thats what I do, mainly to get on with the never ending grind of levelling armour

Good call. I burned a bunch of infusion fodder getting my Ram to 310 yesterday. No more of that.

Trials is 100% the most fun thing in Destiny atm. I'd play some later nami or todd or drizzay or whoever.

Rufus what is xur wares? You might as well post it so Destiny is a little bit less dad :p

I would love to play with you again Igor! That was a damn good run last week! I will be on in about 8-9 hours from this post.

Yo Nami, Ape, and Todd, I MIGHT be able to do Trials later today. I'm hung over like a motherfucker though.

Sounds good. Feel better man!

I need to end in the TOP3 10x OMG!!!

Yes boost gates matter but the two combinations that gives me first to third place always is Ravensteel sparrow and using sidedash.Use side dash to hit sharp turns without losing momentum and to line up yourself up with boost gates when your about to miss one.

Top of page randomness

tonvI6D.gif

They might have changed it? I'm pretty sure I tired this with the Impossible Machines and they always rolled with STR.

Afrocious

Damn I must be gone. Nobody wants to play crucible with me anymore, I just read that Fallout 4 is the perfect game, and someone thinks the PS2 might be the worst Playstation console.

whatttt

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I used to main Scouts in PVP during the Y1 TLW/Hawkmoon heyday and I never felt overwhelmed or at a disadvantage. In fact, with MIDA or Vision I sometimes felt OP.

Scouts have never received a nerf, and yet Doing PVP with MIDA and Jade Rabbit last night felt...odd. The pace of the game now is so different and I feel like the current meta still feels quite hostile to Scouts. I ended up switching back to my Hawksaw or Grasp out of frustration each match. This saddens me.

Y1 was so much more fun in Crucible IMO.

Afrocious

I used to main Scouts in PVP during the Y1 TLW/Hawkmoon heyday and I never felt overwhelmed or at a disadvantage. In fact, with MIDA or Vision I sometimes felt OP.

Scouts have never received a nerf, and yet Doing PVP with MIDA and Jade Rabbit last night felt...odd. The pace of the game now is so different and I feel like the current meta still feels quite hostile to Scouts. I ended up switching back to my Hawksaw or Grasp out of frustration each match. This saddens me.

Y1 was so much more fun in Crucible IMO.

I'm still trying to figure out what guns are the most effective in this 'new'/dead meta.

I kinda liked Red Death though it feels weaker. Tried the MIDA but I prefer it to PvE. Couldn't fucking stand Hawkmoon with its range nerf. TLW is better but still feels off.

I don't know if it's my monitor or what but I feel like I'm running around with glue stuck to moon shoes.

Also sniping is still godly, but my body shots aren't hitting, but that could possibly be me missing, which in these cases I kinda doubt.

I hear Nirwen's is fine somewhat. I dunno. What guns have folks been using?

lt519

Damn I must be gone. Nobody wants to play crucible with me anymore, I just read that Fallout 4 is the perfect game, and someone thinks the PS2 might be the worst Playstation console.

whatttt

Gaming side has been a hot mess for a while, not sure what is going on over there. It's why I keep coming back here despite not even playing Destiny.

ShdwDrake

Banned
I was sad because I thought you had to buy one of the cool sparrows! Glad to find out that after getting my class S they gave me one whoooo.

Navy Bean

I'm still trying to figure out what guns are the most effective in this 'new'/dead meta.

I kinda liked Red Death though it feels weaker. Tried the MIDA but I prefer it to PvE. Couldn't fucking stand Hawkmoon with its range nerf. TLW is better but still feels off.

I don't know if it's my monitor or what but I feel like I'm running around with glue stuck to moon shoes.

Also sniping is still godly, but my body shots aren't hitting, but that could possibly be me missing, which in these cases I kinda doubt.

I hear Nirwen's is fine somewhat. I dunno. What guns have folks been using?

I was using the trials AR (Doctrine of Passing) in Elimination last night and it seemed to work pretty well... Dat .04% yo! Mine has a really good roll and shoots like a laser, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom