• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see 320 helmets are dropping for people at rank 3. I hope it remains consistent. I am about 300 pts from Rank 3 now.

Edit: ALSO - How sad is it that Sparrow Racing drops 320 and Trials doesn't? Arguably the hardest content in the game and my drops have never gone to 320. Dumb. Really dumb.

Trials drops 320.

I got a 320 Young Ahamkhara's Spine from a Silver Reward. Not sure if bounty rewards = drops, but that is something. Praise RNGesus.

spyder_ur

Im wondering why green engrams randomly drop.

Like, on my hunter Im always getting green engrams. But they never, and I mean never, drop on my titan or warlock. Its so effing weird.

Are all of your subclasses fully leveled? I feel like I heard someone say that you get greens until your subclasses are fully leveled. I was getting them on my Warlock because I forgot to finish the Stormcaller tree.

Did Wicked burnout?

He still plays, just not on the same level as before. He hasn't been around on Fridays for the last 3(?) weeks. We don't really do the Trials-launch runs anymore. Honestly I haven't played w him much recently so you'd have to ask him or Rubenov.

You can't get weapons off SRL so Trials is still a better way to get max light, in theory.

The Trials time commitment for max rolls is also much shorter than SRL.

I wouldn't really say either part of this is accurate. You can get two prices of max light from racing (helmet and class armor) but only one from Trials (primary). Excluding the minuscule chance of max light exotics from silver tier.

I've done flawless every week on every character with 0 max light gear to show for it. Plus all the carries which give 260ish light gear at best whereas racing can give 320 gear from any race even if you lose. That's a lot of time spent for virtually no light progression.

GhaleonEB

Remember when someone this week didn't put their highest gear on and got a 290 Dragon's Breath instead of a 310?

I hope I'm not stepping on his toes posting this from his twitter stream, but Ghaleon's got that beat. He just completed a bounty with his racing gear on:

CV9dKMSU4AAZ5Fy.jpg:large

Year two, man. What a time to be alive.

I did a literal double take when that popped up. :lol

Turned into a 190.

Like, on my hunter Im always getting green engrams. But they never, and I mean never, drop on my titan or warlock. Its so effing weird.

I just realized I don't get green gear drops anymore either. I wonder if they stop at 300 light or something.

Are all of your subclasses fully leveled? I feel like I heard someone say that you get greens until your subclasses are fully leveled. I was getting them on my Warlock because I forgot to finish the Stormcaller tree.

That would make sense, my Hunters subclasses arent fully levelled.

What a weird ass rule for engrams.

they'll still be two more weeks of SRL so probably no Iron Banner

If that is true, I am going to be fucking livid.

That would make no sense. Forego a monthly activity that most players enjoyed last time around... for sparrow racing.

I hope you are wrong.

EDIT: Found a couple links quoting Bungie saying Iron Banner is coming back in December.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/finall...ower-matters-in-destiny-s-iron-banner-3430306
http://www.gamezone.com/news/destiny-s-iron-banner-returning-in-december-3430322

But then again... maybe it was a typo. They really meant December 2016, it will be back. Or Januaryember.

Remember when someone this week didn't put their highest gear on and got a 290 Dragon's Breath instead of a 310?

I hope I'm not stepping on his toes posting this from his twitter stream, but Ghaleon's got that beat. He just completed a bounty with his racing gear on:

GrandioseClearcutEsok.gif

This gif can't be shared enough. I died laughing in the party chat.

LTWood12

I did a literal double take when that popped up. :lol

Turned into a 190.

This is no different than it was in year one. You could put on all common/uncommon gear and be back at level 20. Then you'd start seeing a lot more greens.

I've noticed this with my alts as well. How far in the TTK story did you get with them? I have a theory they still dropped on my alts because I barely finished the story missions on them.

spyder_ur

Haha Drifter is the map

Fucking clueless

What's clueless?

Interesting choice. It's pretty much circular, right? I wonder where battles points will be. Snipers and shotguns both viable.

Don't love the map, but interested to see how it plays out, especially sorting out the weapons after the patch.

It's rotating maps guys.

Really? YES. I loved when they did rotating maps before.

I was figuring they were gonna do it again, but I thought it would be a weekend when they needed to bring some traffic back to the game and there wasn't much going on, which is definitely not this week.

I've noticed this with my alts as well. How far in the TTK story did you get with them? I have a theory they still dropped on my alts because I barely finished the story missions on them.

On my hunter, whos well over 300 light, Ive gotten them on the raid. Like Ill be doing HM oryx and see green engrams drop from enemies.

LTWood12

I was figuring they were gonna do it again, but I thought it would be a weekend when they needed to bring some traffic back to the game and there wasn't much going on, which is definitely not this week.

Actually i'm not 100% sure.

On my hunter, whos well over 300 light, Ive gotten them on the raid. Like Ill be doing HM oryx and see green engrams drop from enemies.

Same thing here. Happened recently too at Oryx. Both my alts are over 300, even 310 now, and I still get green engrams dropping. But I barely finished the TTK story missions on them, I'm not sure that could be the reason.

It's rotating maps guys.

It's not

What's clueless?

Interesting choice. It's pretty much circular, right? I wonder where battles points will be. Snipers and shotguns both viable.

Don't love the map, but interested to see how it plays out, especially sorting out the weapons after the patch.

Its a shit map

What's rotating maps? Different map each day?

Drifter eh. It's shotgunnin' time!

One week in HoW each match could randomly be one of the 6 available Trials maps that they used in Year 1. So it would rotate every game, although you could get the same map multiple games in a row.

Future

After messing around in crucible last night in 3v3 modes it seems that 90% of kills are shotgun or sniper. I know this was always the case to a degree but now it is way more pronounced with the various nerfs and non-buffs.

What's funny about snipers and shotties is that the easiest way to nerf them in crucible is to nerf the ammo supply. They can be strong as fuck, but you don't need to spawn with ammo and they can reduce the amount of ammo per box.

Haybro

Drifter being the trials map makes me more angry than any of the other BS that happened this week...

Like, this game could really use some positive vibes this week and they drop drifter? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom