• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same.

I apparently still need 1 more fragment, which is bullshit but I'll get it next week or the week after.

But yeah, I'm done with Destiny as well. I'm not mad like I was when I left the first time, but atm I kinda want to put the game behind me since Bungie is going the route it's heading in now.

DGAF is fun! I think it got bitter the closer we got toward December but eh.

Figs, Nami, Breezy, Todd, and Inapplicable are good folks :)

Dunno if you're reading this Twilight, but I hope things get better for you dude.

What, no, stop it you're lying. You just promised today that you would keep raiding with us forever and ever and ever even if you hit 320! You can't give up on the dream of Oryxing the Oryx! The rainbow is just right over the hill, Afro, and goddammit I'm not going to let you give up just because the incline is steep! And you know what'll happen when we reach the foremost peak of that Hill? We'll find Oryx's secret pot of gold. You don't want to miss that, do you Afro? Riches beyond your wildest dreams, a sparrow thats...a creepy bone flesh thing like a wanna-be Bloodborne vehicle, and then we can sing the praises of Bungie back here, on DGaf. Everyone will be waiting! Deku with his serene, majestic leer, Hawkian and his carrel of youngin's learning how to use their first guns and supers, Twilight and his room covered in The Last Word posters, you don't want to miss that do you!? The roars of hatred whenever Bungie fumbles and refuses to admit their faults, will you not be a part of that? Nay, we must continue this cycle of raiding until the next big update, we have to show Bungie that we want to play their game before they make it f2p and it becomes a freemium! That would be disastrous! As paying customers you and I should buy extra copies of the game and give it to our friends! They'll understand, they will! But I can't do it without you! They need to be shown how much fun Destiny is or else we can hold it against them at the next Christmas bash and throw eggnog at their face! You want to throw eggnog at people, don't you!? Do it afro! Throw the eggnog! I believe in you! I know you have it in you to nog all those nonbelievers!

Ok today was probably my last raid as well, I beat Destiny, I won the game.

Deku Tree

Yeah, thanks for the run guys. Frustrating that even with a good group glitches still find a way some how to ruin a good run lol

Since every one is getting sappy, thanks to team WIPE too for taking me in during the dark Crota days 'cause honestly if it wasn't for playing with you guys every week i'd probably had quit this game a long time ago.

gg team WIPE

Same.

I apparently still need 1 more fragment, which is bullshit but I'll get it next week or the week after.

But yeah, I'm done with Destiny as well. I'm not mad like I was when I left the first time, but atm I kinda want to put the game behind me since Bungie is going the route it's heading in now.

DGAF is fun! I think it got bitter the closer we got toward December but eh.

Figs, Nami, Breezy, Todd, and Inapplicable are good folks :)

Dunno if you're reading this Twilight, but I hope things get better for you dude.

I wouldn't say I'm a good person.

Ahh today was extremely frustrating, from wiping at Oryx for 2 hours without getting the kill, the game deciding 'fuck you you're dead' and killing me whilst I was in the invincibility aura and me doing some extra stupid shit, lets just say Breezy wasn't the only person to walk staright into the darkness dimension bubble and get instakilled.

I hate the PvP state of this game so much that I'm not playing it again so all I'm left with is SRL really, the only thing I'm actually good at in this game. Maybe I should play Bloodborne and just get rekt over and over again on that.

Rehsa

Finally able to log on n for a bit, try to finish Taken Wars and can't kill the boss so f that move on to races. Do shitty then finally start placing 3rd and 2nd after I hit rank A license. Still won't be able to get 15 without boosting or tons of time which I don't have. Really wish I could have joined in the challenges too but I'm still 301 :/ No time to grind fragments or anything

You got that right DJ, Star Wars hype!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We had an ogre teleport right into the middle where the bubbles are. It was funny seeing people freak out and hell broke loose.

This is weird. Got the new weekly SRL bounty and the thing completed right away.

Wait, is everyone quitting again? ;_; Afro didn't even say goodbye
again

Year 2 started off so well. Oh well. Breaks are for the best.

It's the holidays, plus with oryx challenge mode, all end game content has been exhausted....truly.

Some may return for iron banner on the 29th, but having IB on the new year week is kind of stupid imo.

I'll be on for reset stuff and helping around, and a bit of SRL when people are looking to form a train, but will mainly focus on finishing my backlog for now. Not expecting anything from Destiny till February.

Finally able to log on n for a bit, try to finish Taken Wars and can't kill the boss so f that move on to races. Do shitty then finally start placing 3rd and 2nd after I hit rank A license. Still won't be able to get 15 without boosting or tons of time which I don't have. Really wish I could have joined in the challenges too but I'm still 301 :/ No time to grind fragments or anything

I can help you with taken wars stuff, just send me a message when you're online. You only need 3 1st place wins for S-license.

Is anyone running HM Oryx challenge in next hour or so?

I've not got my first HM kill yet and just want at least 1 to finish the content off. I've never even attempted it as my usual group were burnt out on oryx before I was levelled up enough to join them.

For challenge mode I'm happy with the 16 orb strat as that is how we used to run normal mode all the time. All my characters are 314-316 depending on loadout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am just running little one to nursery then I am good to go whenever.

GhaleonEB

This is weird. Got the new weekly SRL bounty and the thing completed right away.

Mine started at 5/10 completed. My hypothesis is it somehow accounted for bounties I'd turned in after completing last week's weekly. I'd done around that many since finishing it.

Rehsa

It's the holidays, plus with oryx challenge mode, all end game content has been exhausted....truly.

Some may return for iron banner on the 29th, but having IB on the new year week is kind of stupid imo.

I'll be on for reset stuff and helping around, and a bit of SRL when people are looking to form a train, but will mainly focus on finishing my backlog for now. Not expecting anything from Destiny till February.

I can help you with taken wars stuff, just send me a message when you're online. You only need 3 1st place wins for S-license.
Thanks bud, maybe tomorrow. I need 5 top 3 for A not 15 lol, surprised I got 5 out of the way already. Was reading Kor's posts about side boost and turning the camera which helped a lot. And at least my crucible renown is going up for Chaperone :D

I should play back log as well

Really fun runs with LT, T-44, Kreepmode, Hawkian and dorssom. Perhaps the most fun I've ever had fighting Oryx.

My new favorite thing in the raid is baiting the Shade into a quick slam. It shaves time off the clock so you have more time for DPS before Doxology.

bulltrue.jpg

Just sprint right at him, then slide beneath him. Feels so good.

Ghaleon, Dhruv has been having issues logging into GAF since yesterday, sent you a PM, please have a look. Cheers.

Mine started at 5/10 completed. My hypothesis is it somehow accounted for bounties I'd turned in after completing last week's weekly. I'd done around that many since finishing it.

Yup, picked up the weekly and it auto-completed for me as well.

phen0m24

Wait, is everyone quitting again? ;_; Afro didn't even say goodbye
again

Year 2 started off so well. Oh well. Breaks are for the best.

:( Glad we got to raid
with his TV
last week :p

Moridhin I'd be glad to help with that too man!

Ghaleon, Dhruv has been having issues logging into GAF since yesterday, sent you a PM, please have a look. Cheers.

Did he have to change his password? Someone mentioned password changing...

Yup, picked up the weekly and it auto-completed for me as well.

Mindlog

Really fun runs with LT, T-44, Kreepmode, Hawkian and dorssom. Perhaps the most fun I've ever had fighting Oryx.

My new favorite thing in the raid is baiting the Shade into a quick slam. It shaves time off the clock so you have more time for DPS before Doxology.

Just sprint right at him, then slide beneath him. Feels so good.
I've been doing the same except I jump over him.
We had an ogre teleport right into the middle where the bubbles are. It was funny seeing people freak out and hell broke loose.
No lie or exaggeration.
I saw a bomb teleport to the center. Ogre was dead. I turned around to kill adds. I turned around again and there was a bomb in the center.

I'm still hoping to complete challenge mode tomorrow :[

riotfig

Neo Member
My raid team disbanded. I'm all that's left.

Time to ride solo again.

Or any DGAF living in the +8 GMT Singapore/Kuala lumpur timezone?

Whew finally, able to reset the password and log in. Thanks a ton Death and Ghaleon :)

Now it's time for the legend to come back to life! Your destiny awaits!!!

Yup, time to get back to Destiny Dhruv :p

Anyone wanna hop in for a nightfall real quick?

Yup, Siaynoqq and I can run.

My raid team disbanded. I'm all that's left.

Time to ride solo again.

Or any DGAF living in the +8 GMT Singapore/Kuala lumpur timezone?

I'm in Melbourne GMT +10 if that helps.

Man the servers been shit today whats this nonsense of not being able to log in.It says my profile may have been logged in somehwhere else after the character selection screen.

Edit nvm im in if anyone needs a partner for challenge or NF inv legendkilla3rd.

I wouldn't say I'm a good person.

Ahh today was extremely frustrating, from wiping at Oryx for 2 hours without getting the kill, the game deciding 'fuck you you're dead' and killing me whilst I was in the invincibility aura and me doing some extra stupid shit, lets just say Breezy wasn't the only person to walk staright into the darkness dimension bubble and get instakilled.

I hate the PvP state of this game so much that I'm not playing it again so all I'm left with is SRL really, the only thing I'm actually good at in this game. Maybe I should play Bloodborne and just get rekt over and over again on that.

We had some amazing deaths in our run as well. Akai punched a thrall standing next to me and I just dropped dead (I was at full health). Then, in a next run Akai got teleported to the shadow realm first and just dropped dead. The only thing we didn't have was teleporting ogres, luckily.

Bagged myself a 320 hunter helmet, so I'm good.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Man, so much struggle to complete this challenge.

Two groups so far tonight and both ended up disbanding in defeat. Too many dumb glitches so fatigue and sloppiness sets in rapidly.

We had some amazing deaths in our run as well. Akai punched a thrall standing next to me and I just dropped dead (I was at full health). Then, in a next run Akai got teleported to the shadow realm first and just dropped dead. The only thing we didn't have was teleporting ogres, luckily.

Bagged myself a 320 hunter helmet, so I'm good.

I took your spot after you rage quit. I pulled a Gong and went into the shadow bubble like a complete moron, Akai had the same thing happen to him again, one of the bombs from the left Oryx side teleported to the other side of the platform near the knight spawn and people got one shotted by the shade so I ended up just running up to it and baiting the slam.

It was a complete clusterfuck of fail.

I've been doing the same except I jump over him.

No lie or exaggeration.
I saw a bomb teleport to the center. Ogre was dead. I turned around to kill adds. I turned around again and there was a bomb in the center.

I'm still hoping to complete challenge mode tomorrow :[

We had a teleporting blight, somehow it made its way to the top of the map :d As I said yesterday I like the idea behind the 16 blights its just that the fight is so tedious. Still i feel fully released from Destiny's shackles now so will just raid when I fancy it and do the occasional trials

Ruth, I got you on my friend lists.

Yeah I know, just saying i'm here to help out if you need.

The hype is so real! Just finished work and it has finally sunk in that it is in 6 has. So very excited.

Hop into party chat after the movie so we can discuss how badawesome it was.

How's the weather, hope you're not having shitstorms like NSW. Those baseball sized hails in Sydney are something..

ecNzbTF.png

BTaIU43.jpg

wA8oXjh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom