• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Live

We already got the best loot at 45 fragments.

We don't get anything from finding dead ghosts, except grimiore.

Who knows, there may be a time gated quest after getting 50 fragments, like kill oryx on heroic regicide after collecting 50 frags to unlock something something...

You make a good point about the ghosts, I didn't think of it that way.

As much as people hate them I wouldn't say no to time gated quest after getting all the fragments.

It's really ordinary looking too. Nothing special about it.
I'm assuming that Bungie is just trolling everyone.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Ty

Because of the shaders i will be forced to do sparrow racing. Oh well.

Shaders are worth it, Hallow, Krokos and Shimmer are really good.

You make a good point about the ghosts, I didn't think of it that way.

As much as people hate them I wouldn't say no to time gated quest after getting all the fragments.

Unlocks an upgrade node on the ToM that requires 200 hadium flakes and you can only level up the node by killing 500 taken phalanx without dying.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Hawkmoon Jr and my Grasp at 320. If I get one more primary drop, it's probably going into my Smite.

Hey Kadey forgive me for not joining you... : /
had to step out for dinner with a neighbor. and yes i left my ps4 on...

SpecX

Haven't played this game for a month and started up the SRL yesterday. Fun so far, but I see it being another grind. I'm off work till after new years, are there any normal Oryx raids still being ran? I have yet to do it and want to squeeze it in before the year is over. I reached light level 307 on my titan, is that maybe high enough for HM?

Deku Tree

Wow, that's weird. When you kill ogres the bombs will stack if ogres die in the exact same spot, so it may look like 1 bomb but actually be more? Can't think of anything else except glitches.

Usually you either have all the bombs in the spot or none of them. The Knights will eat all of them at once. All the bombs were gone in back right.

I'm embarrassed how scrubby I was at the start of that challenge mode but we pulled through despite a few glitches popping up (teleporting ogres, bombs disappearing). I have 50 fragments on my hunter now. . I'm not doing challenge mode oryx ever again screw this. Still do not have a raid helmet. . classy.

Usually you either have all the bombs in the spot or none of them. The Knights will eat all of them at once. All the bombs were gone in back right.

Knight got them, that's what happened. The back ones are easy to miss, especially if one of them is the last one to spawn.

I've see the knight get stuck behind the platform and when everyone's attention is on staggering oryx, he'll sneak out and get the bombs.

Welp, what a fitting send off to Destiny. Lag Central and Ogre Teleporting...

I can comfortably say that I am done with this game for the time being, the new meta is boring and just feels weird, the raid's drops are horrific, and SRL (lol).

Ryck

Can someone upload a video of the teleporting ogre? A few people have complained about and I'd like to see what's going on, cause we didn't encounter this issue on our runs.
I only saved a video of the successful run. Also I was running relic so I never actually saw it. The party was mostly Gaffers so hopefully one of them saved it.

Based on their reactions it wasn't the first time they had seen it.

Deku Tree

Can someone upload a video of the teleporting ogre? A few people have complained about and I'd like to see what's going on, cause we didn't encounter this issue on our runs.

I've never saved or uploaded video on my PS4. I know I should teach myself how to do it.

What happens is that the fourth Ogre on the fourth round simply teleports from the bombs area to right next to the Titan bubble. Then you get rekt.

We had a lot of weird Ogre stuff happening on our run besides the teleporting Ogre. Like after the second round just before the third round of Ogres spawned you would see the Ogre with it's hands in the air leaning back blink in and out once or twice, and then the Ogre would spawn normally.

Knight got them, that's what happened. The back ones are easy to miss, especially if one of them is the last one to spawn.

I've see the knight get stuck behind the platform and when everyone's attention is on staggering oryx, he'll sneak out and get the bombs.

I can't say for sure, but my team was saying that they know that they killed all the knights and Vaal said that he checked that all the bombs were there just before the shade.

Lima

Shit I just got a 320 Ghost from Oryx. I could be 320 now if I wanted. Roughly a week and a half after I started playing TTK. Aw yiss.

I've never saved or uploaded video on my PS4. I know I should teach myself how to do it.

We had a lot of weird Ogre stuff happening on our run besides the teleporting Ogre. Like after the second round just before the third round of Ogres spawned you would see the Ogre with it's hands in the air leaning back blink in and out once or twice, and then the Ogre would spawn normally.

Long press share button, press square to save video.

I've see that ogre hands blink plenty of times, that's just animation lag. Happens with Shrine of Oryx boss as well when you activate the panel at the end, you'll see him appear in front of the door for a split second before the door is even open.

Wouldn't be surprised to know that ogres teleporting and bombs disappearing is an actual glitch and not some random lag bs.

Shit I just got a 320 Ghost from Oryx. I could be 320 now if I wanted. Roughly a week and a half after I started playing TTK. Aw yiss.

*deletes destiny*

that is some crazy RNG luck dude

only on xbox

Afrocious

I can comfortably say that I am done with this game for the time being, the new meta is boring and just feels weird, the raid's drops are horrific, and SRL (lol).

Same.

I apparently still need 1 more fragment, which is bullshit but I'll get it next week or the week after.

But yeah, I'm done with Destiny as well. I'm not mad like I was when I left the first time, but atm I kinda want to put the game behind me since Bungie is going the route it's heading in now.

DGAF is fun! I think it got bitter the closer we got toward December but eh.

Figs, Nami, Breezy, Todd, and Inapplicable are good folks :)

Dunno if you're reading this Twilight, but I hope things get better for you dude.

Thanks Deku and crew for the CM run!

Bugs aside, it was good not dealing with crappy Reddit LFGers. Seriously, who asks for 'experienced HM Oryx players' and then doesn't know where to go with the relic or dies during the first wave of thralls/nights. :Sigh:

And the 'no knight' strat really made it even harder to find solid players to complete this challenge. I wish they would have patched it out a long time ago. It did more harm then good.

Deku Tree

I'm embarrassed how scrubby I was at the start of that challenge mode but we pulled through despite a few glitches popping up (teleporting ogres, bombs disappearing). I have 50 fragments on my hunter now. . I'm not doing challenge mode oryx ever again screw this. Still do not have a raid helmet. . classy.

My ghost is 320 8]

Thanks Deku and crew for the CM run!

Bugs aside, it was good not dealing with crappy Reddit LFGers. Seriously, who asks for 'experienced HM Oryx players' and then doesn't know where to go with the relic or dies during the first wave of thralls/nights. :Sigh:

And the 'no knight' strat really made it even harder to find solid players to complete this challenge. I wish they would have patched it out a long time ago. It did more harm then good.

Yup. Thanks Darknyss, Vaal, Lnkn, Soss, and Darryl! It was a good run!

Ryck

Uhhh destinycalcifiedfragments.com says I have 50/50 which means I must have picked it up on an alt. Is there anyway for me to know which one I need to get?

MildSoss

Yup. Thanks Darknyss, Vaal, Lnkn, Soss, and Darryl! It was a good run!

Yeah, thanks for the run guys. Frustrating that even with a good group glitches still find a way some how to ruin a good run lol

Since every one is getting sappy, thanks to team WIPE too for taking me in during the dark Crota days 'cause honestly if it wasn't for playing with you guys every week i'd probably had quit this game a long time ago.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So I'm guessing next week it's back to Warpriest again which means just heavy or special.

What if Bungie changes the challenges every time?

Also, would it be too much to ask for the exotics that drop during the CM to be 311-320? I mean you can get them from a stupid silver trials package so why not have a chance in the raid too?

Lnkn52

So Bungie succeeded in removing the chase to reach max level but unfortunately didn't find a replacement to keep people playing.

GGs to all those in the raid party and also those taking a break.

Uhhh destinycalcifiedfragments.com says I have 50/50 which means I must have picked it up on an alt. Is there anyway for me to know which one I need to get?

No, that's what sucks.

Your best bet is to do all the secret chests on the dreadnaught and court of oryx, you're likely missing one of them.

CoO tier 2 boss combinations, any one of the tier 3 bosses or completing the CoO bounty seems to be the most common ones, I'd start there.

Raven117

Is anyone handing out oryx hm challenge mode cps? I will be eternally grateful and will be trying to set up a gaf group tomorrow evening. :)

Psn is tex117

Ryck

No, that's what sucks.

Your best bet is to do all the secret chests on the dreadnaught and court of oryx, you're likely missing one of them.

CoO tier 2 boss combinations, any one of the tier 3 bosses or completing the CoO bounty seems to be the most common ones, I'd start there.
Thanks Death, guess it gives me something to do for a few days!!

-_-

Same.

I apparently still need 1 more fragment, which is bullshit but I'll get it next week or the week after.

But yeah, I'm done with Destiny as well. I'm not mad like I was when I left the first time, but atm I kinda want to put the game behind me since Bungie is going the route it's heading in now.

DGAF is fun! I think it got bitter the closer we got toward December but eh.

Figs, Nami, Breezy, Todd, and Inapplicable are good folks :)

Dunno if you're reading this Twilight, but I hope things get better for you dude.

Yeah, you seriously needed a break after that Trials run we did lol.

I have put almost 1600 hours into this game, and I've just hit that inevitable wall, the Events filled with micro-transactions, the meta is just so lackluster, the raid drops have made me feel like I have accomplished nothing, the lag in the matches have been worse and the raid lag has been worse as well.

I just don't have faith in this game anymore. This community is still hands down this best group I have ever game with. It was the only reason I kept around for so long, but I am done with this game for the time being.

exYle

Yeah, you seriously needed a break after that Trials run we did lol.

I have put almost 1600 hours into this game, and I've just hit that inevitable wall, the Events filled with micro-transactions, the meta is just so lackluster, the raid drops have made me feel like I have accomplished nothing, the lag in the matches have been worse and the raid lag has been worse as well.

I just don't have faith in this game anymore. This community is still hands down this best group I have ever game with. It was the only reason I kept around for so long, but I am done with this game for the time being.

Did you end up getting CM done?

Howdy all. 4 cool friends looking for 2 people to do Oryx challenge with on PS4.

Anyone down?

Hit me up in game, Gamer_at_Heart

Side note, we are also looking for a checkpoint if possible. Only have totems atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom