• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
gFT1RgH.jpg

Hype!

Stratn

I think one of the core issues right now is that we're chasing numbers not lot. Year 1 was all about getting OP weapons. Year 2 (thus far) is about 320. There is nothing inherently interesting about chasing 320. I miss the crazy Gjallarhorn videos and perfectly rolled weapons. Bungie nerfed the sandbox.

Don't you guys miss having guns that weren't all average?

Completely agree with this comment. Chasing a number beside my name isn't all the interesting or fun.... Chasing the Ghorn or Hawmoon or any other exotic was way more fun, and this kept me coming back every week.

I get that they wanted to avoid the power creep, but now I feel all the exotics are bland (ok, the new Dragons Breath is cool, but very situational.)

Ill keep playing because I love this game, and I have yet to beat Oryx HM

Gammacide

Spent 4 hours on Oryx cm yesterday morning and came up with nothing but befuddlement. Joined an even more random team of Gaffers last night and got it in like a half hour. When it clicks it is easy and fun. When it doesn't it is tedium and frustration defined. Now to focus all my effort on SRL. I really miss Iron Banner. :-(

GunnerZ

Well now that challenge mode is over what else is there to do. I'm going to have to resort to sparrow racing :,(.

If they're continuing the challenge mode next week im hoping that there will actually be some sort of a challenge because it was a joke these 3 weeks, hell they could even through in some nightfall modifiers in it would be better then what they did.

Warpreist-Berserk
-Small arms
-After first gliff he he gains all
his abilities

Golgoroth-Trickle
-Grounded
-Every failed gaze the Tablet lights up

Oryx-Fress troops
-Switch relic holder

It's a Personal opinion it may seem a little extreme but that's what I'd like to see.

E92 M3

Well now that challenge mode is over what else is there to do. I'm going to have to resort to sparrow racing :,(.

If they're continuing the challenge mode next week im hoping that there will actually be some sort of a challenge because it was a joke these 3 weeks, hell they could even through in some nightfall modifiers in it would be better then what they did.

Warpreist-Berserk
-Small arms
-After first gliff he he gains all
his abilities

Golgoroth-Trickle
-Grounded
-Every failed gaze the Tablet lights up

Oryx-Fress troops
-Switch relic holder

It's a Personal opinion it may seem a little extreme but that's what I'd like to see.

It's only easy for people that know what they're doing. The majority will have problems with these challenges. Bungie can't balance the game for us.

StMeph

315 Light now thanks to Kadey letting me join in on one of their group's Oryx CMs last night.

If I can get a 320 class item from SRL, that should at least push me up to 316. After that, the real grind begins. I probably need to farm at least 6 320 helms from SRL too.

Sorry for missing two of the four detonations on that 2nd run guys :( feels bad

giphy.gif

J/k.

Yeah, No way you didn't detonate all 4 orbs. The game was just being the game.
Teleporting Ogres is just Year 2's version of Health-replenishing Minotaurs and Disappearing Swords.

What's so crazy about that is that on our mains/1st toons it took us like 2 hours to get really going, then once we swapped we did it in 30 minutes. All with different roles!

tumblr_mbszqlgazu1qkf9ito1_250.gif

LT, T, Kreep, Dorssom, Hawk, are y'all still gonna raid even now that challenge modes are over? Because, man, y'all are fun to play with.

Finally had a chance to play on the Mars track enough to work on my time. I made quite a few mistakes, but I at least made some improvements elsewhere.

Managed to get myself down to 4:19. (69th on the leaderboards), which I feel a little better about compared to my Venus time of 4:01 (27th on the leaderboards).

You can see a few mistakes, and obviously the beginning was a little messy due to other racers, but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVh_eT4YGzs

The thing about Mars is that it is very demanding for side boosts, so you have to ration them out. Meanwhile on Venus I barely do tricks anymore off the big jumps because I just don't need to.

Happy I got the challenge done once. Would've it done twice but I somehow only detonated 2/4 of my bombs. It was such a perfect run too:(

320 Smite of Merain w/Glass Half full (I have a 318 w/ firefly)
310 Zhouli's Bane w/ Firefly
312 Gauntlets (only my 2nd ever gauntlet drop)

I'm still having fun playing with you guys. I'll miss those of you that are taking a break.

Good times last night everyone. I'm wondering if on that last run we somehow missed a knight or two and you only had two bombs to detonate anyway?

GunnerZ

It's only easy for people that know what they're doing. The majority will have problems with these challenges. Bungie can't balance the game for us.
Well if that's the case then they could keep their challenge mode that they released and put in a very hard difficulty for the raid with a harder setting utilizing those ideas are something else.

LTWood12

giphy.gif

J/k.

Yeah, No way you didn't detonate all 4 orbs. The game was just being the game.
Teleporting Ogres is just Year 2's version of Health-replenishing Minotaurs and Disappearing Swords.

What's so crazy about that is that on our mains/1st toons it took us like 2 hours to get really going, then once we swapped we did it in 30 minutes. All with different roles!

tumblr_mbszqlgazu1qkf9ito1_250.gif

LT, T, Kreep, Dorssom, Hawk, are y'all still gonna raid even now that challenge modes are over? Because, man, y'all are fun to play with.

I definitely think it was my mistake. I ALWAYS wait to run back to the middle until I see my name pop up. I did the same last night, but I didn't wait to see my name four times. I assumed once one went off they'd all go off, but I guess it doesn't work that way.

I'm not going anywhere for the time being. I may play a bit less, but I'm still having a lot of fun playing with friends. I'd like to get CM done a couple more times this week if I'm able to carve out the time.

Good times last night everyone. I'm wondering if on that last run we somehow missed a knight or two and you only had two bombs to detonate anyway?

We didn't miss a Knight. It was all me.

I think this game is as "challenging" as it should be in the state it's in. I found the challenges refreshing in that they werent really more difficult than what we were already doing, but just different. While a lot of us do 3x hard raid on reset and solo nightfalls or whatever, that's not most people. This raid on hard mode isn't necessarily hard because it tests out your skills, but because it's unforgiving and glitchy. It asks for perfection and then fucks up on you randomly. That's not fun and that's not a "challenge."

If they make the game harder, I hope there's no loot attached to it. People who want harder challenges should just do it because they want to challenge themselves, not for loot.
I suggest self imposed restrictions.

I think one of the core issues right now is that we're chasing numbers not loot. Year 1 was all about getting OP weapons. Year 2 (thus far) is about 320. There is nothing inherently interesting about chasing 320. I miss the crazy Gjallarhorn videos and perfectly rolled weapons. Bungie nerfed the sandbox.

Don't you guys miss having guns that weren't all average?

Really insightful comment here. Somebody on the subreddit posted a glib comment that's fairly accurate.

Year 1 was a grind because the loot was there, but the content wasn't. Year 2 is a grind because the content is there but the loot isn't.​

I miss my Fatebringer, my Vision, my Swordbreaker. I miss the CE Auto that was a mini-SUROS. I miss the Oversoul Edict. Theses guns had character. None of King's Fall weapons do.

But honestly, I'm kinda thankful they're not, because I don't enjoy King's Fall very much. And having to grind to just get a harrowed helmet is grind enough.

LTWood12

Really insightful comment here. Somebody on the subreddit posted a glib comment that's fairly accurate.

Year 1 was a grind because the loot was there, but the content wasn't. Year 2 is a grind because the content is there but the loot isn't.​

I miss my Fatebringer, my Vision, my Swordbreaker. I miss the CE Auto that was a mini-SUROS. I miss the Oversoul Edict. Theses guns had character. None of King's Fall weapons do.

But honestly, I'm kinda thankful they're not, because I don't enjoy King's Fall very much. And having to grind to just get a harrowed helmet is grind enough.

What did you end up getting last night?

HM Oryx was fun. Our crew knocked it out a total of 4 times. Two of our main reset guys were MIA so we enlisted some awesome DGAFers to help.

We saw an Ogre teleport once. I guess we got lucky!

My Warlock is sitting at 319. I decided to not infuse stuff from my Hunter and Titan to make him 320.

I also snagged two new shaders last night. The last one from DO, the Nowhere, and another NM one. I got the Fermi Solution too. Finally.

I just need the Symbiote Hunter helmet, new Hunter chest, and I have all the exotics again too.

LTWood12

HM Oryx was fun. Our crew knocked it out a total of 4 times. Two of our main reset guys were MIA so we enlisted some awesome DGAFers to help.

We saw an Ogre teleport once. I guess we got lucky!

My Warlock is sitting at 319. I decided to not infuse stuff from my Hunter and Titan to make him 320.

I also snagged two new shaders last night. The last one from DO, the Nowhere, and another NM one. I got the Fermi Solution too. Finally.

I just need the Symbiote Hunter helmet, new Hunter chest, and I have all the exotics again too.

Damn Ape you cleaned up.

Raven117

Would anyone be interested in some Oryx HM Challenge Mode tonight at 7:30 p.m. Central?

I may be posting a bit too much today...I just need one..ONE Oryx HM Challenge kill so I can say I "beat" the game.

Edit: I'm rather new to posting on Dgaf, but I have been following these threads since "Lock me like one of your French Girls" (OT7)

Would anyone be interested in some Oryx HM Challenge Mode tonight at 7:30 p.m. Central?

I may be posting a bit too much today...I just need one..ONE Oryx HM Challenge kill so I can say I "beat" the game.

Edit: I'm rather new to posting on Dgaf, but I have been following these threads since "Lock me like one of your French Girls" (OT7)

Note that Bungie is doing their Sparrow Racing stuff tonight from 8-10 Central.

E92 M3

That seems like a century ago lol

What did you end up getting last night?

320 Scout that I infused into my 315 full auto raid scout
310 Harrowed Hand Cannon w/ Firefly
310 Normal Hand Cannon
310 Normal Heavy Machine Gun
307 Rock launcher
304 Helmet
313 Gloves (already have 317 gloves)

Basically a bunch of infusion fuel.

All I want is the Harrowed Helmet so I can get the shader.

Edit: oh yeah, and I had 20 shards for giggles.

I got 2 shards back.

Fuck you, too, Oryx.

CBTech

So I'm just getting into this game with a couple of friends. I'm sure this doesn't matter too much for now, but how important are party compositions? None of us are really feeling the Titan. Is party composition only really important for end game raids? What are typical party setups?

E92 M3

It just makes me sad that everything comes down to light number and infusion fuel. We need some spectacular weapons to revitalize the game, in my opinion. Honestly, I've always thought balance is boring especially when it comes to PVE.

Just look at what happened to shotguns in PVE: they are essentially useless now. Fusion rifles suck now as well. Sniper is the only smart choice for PVE at this point.

So I'm just getting into this game with a couple of friends. I'm sure this doesn't matter too much for now, but how important are party compositions? None of us are really feeling the Titan. Is party composition only really important for end game raids? What are typical party setups?

A defender titan is one of the most fundamental classes for end game activities. A bubble is so flexible and has tons of utility.

Lima

Not really important. For raids you only want Titans and Hunters with Titan Defender being the best class by a country mile. Just don't play a Warlock please. They are for scrubs who like to get a free card out of jail and a very filthy characters in general. They are useless in Raids and the true lone wolves of this game.

Damn Ape you cleaned up.

It was a good night until the very end...

Shaxx was like, "Here's that 294 Ghost Shell you've been chasing dawg"

I went to bed after that.

I am also shelving my shotguns and strictly going with snipers in this new meta. I loathe sniping. I find it so boring.

I snagged a 1K Stare that has:

ShortGaze

Last Resort

Perfect Balance
Injection Mold
Disciplinarian(Taken Dmg)

Mulligan (this should help as I tend to miss a lot of shots with snipers lol)

TLW still feels inconsistent to me. Suros PDX and Hawksaw still get it done for me. I need to play a bit more with my Grasp still.

shenze

Banned
Spent 4 hours on Oryx cm yesterday morning and came up with nothing but befuddlement. Joined an even more random team of Gaffers last night and got it in like a half hour. When it clicks it is easy and fun. When it doesn't it is tedium and frustration defined. Now to focus all my effort on SRL. I really miss Iron Banner. :-(
Yep, felt good to get that done pretty fast. That was even with a run where a bomb teleported. We still managed to detonate all the bombs, but Oryx didn't take any damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom