• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know, just saying i'm here to help out if you need.

Hop into party chat after the movie so we can discuss how badawesome it was.

How's the weather, hope you're not having shitstorms like NSW. Those baseball sized hails in Sydney are something..

Holy shit, that's pretty crazy. Weathers pretty fine here typical Brisbane.

Maybe :p have to start work at 7 though so I might be a bit dead.

LTWood12

Happy I got the challenge done once. Would've it done twice but I somehow only detonated 2/4 of my bombs. It was such a perfect run too:(

320 Smite of Merain w/Glass Half full (I have a 318 w/ firefly)
310 Zhouli's Bane w/ Firefly
312 Gauntlets (only my 2nd ever gauntlet drop)

I'm still having fun playing with you guys. I'll miss those of you that are taking a break.

Dammit, didn't manage to finish the challenge yesterday. ;_;
I'll try again over the weekend.

I assume starting next week the challenges will rotate? Missed both previous ones. :/

Also started work on my 34 alt Titan with a friend. ^_^

maomaoIYP

We had a teleporting blight, somehow it made its way to the top of the map :d As I said yesterday I like the idea behind the 16 blights its just that the fight is so tedious. Still i feel fully released from Destiny's shackles now so will just raid when I fancy it and do the occasional trials

There's no other MP shooter that I'm into at the moment, I'll probably stick to crucible indefinitely. Bought quite a few games from the PSN sales recently (looking to buy Divinity in this week's sale) but even those have not been able to fully tear me away from the instant gratification of an online shooter.

I took your spot after you rage quit. I pulled a Gong and went into the shadow bubble like a complete moron, Akai had the same thing happen to him again, one of the bombs from the left Oryx side teleported to the other side of the platform near the knight spawn and people got one shotted by the shade so I ended up just running up to it and baiting the slam.

It was a complete clusterfuck of fail.

Sounds like you guys had fun! :p

There's no other MP shooter that I'm into at the moment, I'll probably stick to crucible indefinitely. Bought quite a few games from the PSN sales recently (looking to buy Divinity in this week's sale) but even those have not been able to fully tear me away from the instant gratification of an online shooter.

I'm in a weird place where I want to play an online shooter but I don't like any. Destiny PvP is in a weird place. I don't like CoD, ttk is too fast and twitchy. Battlefront has shit gunplay. I also don't have an Xbox to play Halo. I have an itch that isn't properly being scratched.

maomaoIYP

I'm in a weird place where I want to play an online shooter but I don't like any. Destiny PvP is in a weird place. I don't like CoD, ttk is too fast and twitchy. Battlefront has shit gunplay. I also don't have an Xbox to play Halo. I have an itch that isn't properly being scratched.

Trials still scratches that itch for me. I wouldn't mind 6v6 but those have turned into lag filled shit fests.
Actually if Bloodborne's PvP wasn't so limited I would go back to that, I spent months playing PvP in Dark Souls 2 on the 360.

Yeah I know, just saying i'm here to help out if you need.

Hop into party chat after the movie so we can discuss how badawesome it was.

How's the weather, hope you're not having shitstorms like NSW. Those baseball sized hails in Sydney are something..

ecNzbTF.png

BTaIU43.jpg

wA8oXjh.jpg

That's some day after tomorrow shit

deadduck

Feel the same, but like Mao I like the challenge of Trials.

I dont know if its the communication level required, the way maps need to be relearnt and adapted to, adapting to other teams tactics or trying out different kit (no backup plans with invective was a laugh on Drifter) or what, but I just enjoy it.

Feel the same, but like Mao I like the challenge of Trials.

I dont know if its the communication level required, the way maps need to be relearnt and adapted to, adapting to other teams tactics or trying out different kit (no backup plans with invective was a laugh on Drifter) or what, but I just enjoy it.

Same nothing beats the feeling of it and getting maps/tactics down but, I just can't be dealing with the bullshit of normal crucible anymore to get back to a decent level

bitsurugi

It's the holidays, plus with oryx challenge mode, all end game content has been exhausted....truly.

Some may return for iron banner on the 29th, but having IB on the new year week is kind of stupid imo.

Let's all just hope Bungie does not put Rift as this month's IB mode. That would be the nail in the coffin for most people.

I agree trials is still good but something about this meta feels so stale aside from glaring issues like lag ridiculous auto aim on snipes.

I think its mainly people have been ground into submission from the pulse era and now we're all gravitating back to TLW (praise the lord) the funky hit detection and lag is coming to the fore so its hard to enjoy

Let's all just hope Bungie does not put Rift as this month's IB mode. That would be the nail in the coffin for most people.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they did

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i just finally got TTK. i have a lvl 29 titan but i really want to play as a hunter. i just don't want to have to play through all off the base game/expansions again and level up. if i use the lvl 25 boost what happens? do i get issued new weapons/gear and can i just start playing TTK quests?

i'm talking about the boost you get when you buy TKK not the class boost microtransaction.

i just finally got TTK. i have a lvl 29 titan but i really want to play as a hunter. i just don't want to have to play through all off the base game/expansions again and level up. if i use the lvl 25 boost what happens? do i get issued new weapons/gear and can i just start playing TTK quests?

Yep, gives you a set of gear and unlocks the TK story to play.

Ken

Bleh, randoms joined my Exotic Sword strike and I thought they'd know what to do since they had swords too but just killed all the knights as they spawned.

deadduck

I agree trials is still good but something about this meta feels so stale aside from glaring issues like lag ridiculous auto aim on snipes.

I don't quite get this 'stale' tag or more precisely I don't get what they can do about it. Unless they have these wild swings of weapon generations (which aren't the most popular) or modify subclasses I don't see alot of movement to stop this criticism.

I kinda feel the problem is two part:

1) HoW, VoG and PoE are despite being in the game completely irrelevant. This gives a false perspective of content more more needs to be done on day 1 of new updates to keep old stuff relevent.

2) We are playing an 18month old game but with our hours clocked the equivilent of a life stealing mmo. It takes large content dumps and gear resets in order to make things fresh and we're not gonna get it for at least 8 months.

Both kinda make me sad.

I don't quite get this 'stale' tag or more precisely I don't get what they can do about it. Unless they have these wild swings of weapon generations (which aren't the most popular) or modify subclasses I don't see alot of movement to stop this criticism.

1) HoW, VoG and PoE are despite being in the game completely irrelevant. This gives a false perspective of content more more needs to be done on day 1 of new updates to keep old stuff relevent.

2) We are playing an 18month old game but with our hours clocked the equivilent of a life stealing mmo. It takes large content dumps and gear resets in order to make things fresh and we're not gonna get it for at least 8 months.

Both kinda make me sad.

The stale thing is just a personal opinion of mine. It might have less to do with the game and more my mood in general. Balance is not too far off from where it should be. Certain things just feel off to me. Handcannons still feel a little wonky. Pulses are boring as always. ARs are a little weak. Scouts aren't really necessary for most maps. I don't like that 80% of players are sniping. That's very uninteresting. I have no reason to use anything other than sniper or shotgun. The subclasses need a bit of a rebalance but it's not a big issue. The biggest thing I keep feeling is that when I win a battle it isn't due to skill or decision making, it's just how things happened. Not sure how I came to feel this way, it's probably just me starting to burn out.

On the PvE side you're completely right. Unfortunately we had more relevant content before the Taken King than we do now. TTK was a great step in the right direction in lots of ways except for the way it trivialized old content. The fact that all strikes aren't in the heroic playlist is appalling. I'd love to have a reason to kill sepiks prime again instead of the Darkblade. We had 2 raids one great and one bad replaced with a middling one. PoE was such a waste of potential but it shouldn't have been fixed not killed. It's definitely hard to keep going without knowing what's ahead and with so little to go on.

Both kinda make me sad.
As a PvE-focused player this is what bummes me the most with TTK. :(
They deliberately made a LARGE chunk of the game totally irrelevant.
Why.jpg

E92 M3

I think one of the core issues right now is that we're chasing numbers not lot. Year 1 was all about getting OP weapons. Year 2 (thus far) is about 320. There is nothing inherently interesting about chasing 320. I miss the crazy Gjallarhorn videos and perfectly rolled weapons. Bungie nerfed the sandbox.

Don't you guys miss having guns that weren't all average?

Number45

Has there been confirmation yet of just what the booster contains? Specifically does it unlock and max all three subclasses?

Asking for a friend.

Bleh, randoms joined my Exotic Sword strike and I thought they'd know what to do since they had swords too but just killed all the knights as they spawned.
Joins ramdoms for the chaperone. They are already at brothers. I kill one of the brothers with shotgun. 2nd one was almost gone. I get killed by cabal. One of the ramdoms kills 2nd brother with telesto. I coulnd, i almost cried. Happened a few days ago. Still salty about it

noomi

Well.... Oryx challenges are done, bunch of infusion fuel.

Nice to have a 320 touch of malice now though, everything else went into TLW and other exotic armor.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Happy I got the challenge done once. Would've it done twice but I somehow only detonated 2/4 of my bombs. It was such a perfect run too:(

320 Smite of Merain w/Glass Half full (I have a 318 w/ firefly)
310 Zhouli's Bane w/ Firefly
312 Gauntlets (only my 2nd ever gauntlet drop)

I'm still having fun playing with you guys. I'll miss those of you that are taking a break.

Late to respond, I know, but those Oryx runs last night were the best time I've had with Oryx since TTK launched. When it clicks, it feels good. Still have never played any game that feels as good as Destiny when you have a fun raid team and few technical issues.

Star Wars time! At the theatre!

No wonder Perth sucks :p

It has it moments.

Melbourne has USAFoods store though so it instantly wins. Shipping to Perth is crazy high.

I am looking at going to Melb early Feb, what's the weather like at that time, hot as hell like Perth?

But how. Its still 11 am on wednesday where i live. Are premieres really starting that soon now? Im only watching it on saturday.

11:56pm wednesday in Melbourne, Australia right now. So only a few minutes till the midnight screening.

Finally rank 3 SRL. First race after rank 3 I got a 314 helm, not too bad. Going to try get all my exotic helms to 315ish dependong on RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom