• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of MMO speak, that is, boss fights with phases, a cycle would be doing the adherent mechanics to that boss in line and then repeating upon them.

So for Templar, a cycle is-
Charging up the Relic
Killing the 2 oracles
Taking out the Templars Shield
Detain Shields
Damaging Templar
Repeat

That is one cycle. With the templar you can stall the cycle if you block his teleport, but it will be repeated after a while.

Confluxes have 3 phases, but it's all one package so to speak.

Same with the Oracles. It's 7 phases of the fight. Since you do not have to go through those 7 phases again, it's contained in one cycle.

Sisters is a bit confusing because they're 2 entities within the boss fight, but it's 2 phases to the cycle of the boss fight, cycling through if you have to repeat from the first witch again. Even if the mechanics are the same for each sister, they are treated as separate phases because you are always forced to start on the Left sister and then proceed to the right-Therefore in order to start another cycle within the fight you'd have to return back to the left sister.

guess that makes sense. would explain ogres in crota then

In terms of MMO speak, that is, boss fights with phases, a cycle would be doing the adherent mechanics to that boss in line and then repeating upon them.

So for Templar, a cycle is-
Charging up the Relic
Killing the 2 oracles
Taking out the Templars Shield
Detain Shields
Damaging Templar
Repeat

That is one cycle. With the templar you can stall the cycle if you block his teleport, but it will be repeated after a while.

Confluxes have 3 phases, but it's all one package so to speak.

Same with the Oracles. It's 7 phases of the fight. Since you do not have to go through those 7 phases again, it's contained in one cycle.

Sisters is a bit confusing because they're 2 entities within the boss fight, but it's 2 phases to the cycle of the boss fight, cycling through if you have to repeat from the first witch again. Even if the mechanics are the same for each sister, they are treated as separate phases because you are always forced to start on the Left sister and then proceed to the right-Therefore in order to start another cycle within the fight you'd have to return back to the left sister.

38a.jpg

Where oryx spawns is front. This room is an arena; where the action happens is the front. The closest example would be a concert hall. The stage is the front; people want front row seats.

The majority of the action in the oryx fight takes place on the open end. Players are facing that direction the most. That end of the arena is in front of the players.

Now, you can call that end the back. That's fine. However, your directions have to be consistent. Is that end is the back, where is back left platform, for example? Is you answer to the left when facing Saturn, your directions are not consistent. The left side of the room in this case is to your left when facing the door. There was a gif posted last page I think that demonstrates this visually. Directions are defined based on the vector pointing from back to front.

If we faced the door for most of the fight, I'd agree with you guys. But we don't.

So.... That December update can't come soon enough. I farmed 3 exotic engrams this evening. All came out at 290 and all were repeats.

I guess if 3oC's worked effectively they'd be too generous and it'd break the exotic hunt.

XenoRaven

I feel like it's too easy to misinterpret Shoot First Kiss Later as being pro-necrophilia.

This may have been one of those thoughts better kept to myself.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're only pro Necrochasm.

Play me in Ultra.

Loaded up KF. Thought I was crazy I didn't get check. Turns out it was normal mode. Duuuuuuuuurrr.

I just assumed the ogres in crota were like an interlude, or a song bridge, just something To throw off your perfectly balanced routine, but then its back to the cycles.

Yeah it's weird. I mentioned this yesterday during my raid yesterday, but I found it weird that Oryx only has 2 distinct phases-That is, the explosion running one until you do 50%, but then it just proceeds to the shadow realm phase and repeats that 2 more times. Oryx for example looks like this-

Phase 1-
Jump on Platforms
Kill Ogres
Kill Knights
Stagger Oryx
Detonate Bombs
Run around like an idiot dodging explosions

Phase 2-
Repeat the majority of phase 1 Except for the last part-
Kill Knights on platforms
Players are slowly teleported into the shadow realm
(Outside)Kill adds walking into shadow realm
(Inside) Shoot at Oryx

However at this point the cycle ends and restarts from phase 2. There are no more added mechanics as he gets closer to death. It's lame. It's weird that the bombing section isn't repeated.

I'm GUESSING That Bungie intended for the first phase to be repeated multiple times(That is, the running phase) and giving the boss a 50% layover split for his mechanics. However, because people can do 4 bombs easily per phase, that means you only see this part once, and the shadow realm part twice.

For Crota like you mentioned, I don't remember when the ogre interlude happens but it's just haphazardly thrown in as well, and after you finish that part you just go back to repeating the same cycle until you kill the boss. It's like they wanted to add deeper mechanics to it but at the last second pulled back from it and kept it simple.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You watch too many vampire movies. I wish they made a sequel to the one where Aaliyah was Queen of the Vampires.

We might need a sixth for hard raid in a few.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
You watch too many vampire movies. I wish they made a sequel to the one where Aaliyah was Queen of the Vampires.

We might need a sixth for hard raid in a few.

me. Send me an invite kadey if you need a sixth
PSN Godless_Pagan

Don't Ogres come out after you've killed two Gatekeepers/used two swords? I guess that would be the end of the cycle....

Too bad Crota just gets the one sword these days. Chump.

And then there's the whole Crota rushes you and you stand behind a window staring at him for a good minute doing nothing but counting your shards.

What a bad fight that was.

I still have never crossed the totems bridge in the Crota raid. We always cheesed it by climbing the tower and sniping across instead.
I should do it legit one day.

Naw.

UMGAWA

Stupid question: These refer a friend emotes, can they be used with anyone or must they be used only with emote holders?

GhaleonEB

Sorry to not join your raid, Kady, I'm down with a cold and doped up on meds - not feeling up to it.

I just sniped my way through the Nightfall and am at the Darkblade's pit. Anyone around to help finish him off?

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Sorry to not join your raid, Kady, I'm down with a cold and doped up on meds - not feeling up to it.

I just sniped my way through the Nightfall and am at the Darkblade's pit. Anyone around to help finish him off?

Invite doobge and myself please

I still have never crossed the totems bridge in the Crota raid. We always cheesed it by climbing the tower and sniping across instead.
I should do it legit one day.

Naw.

It's really not that bad. In HM it was always a bitch specifically because of that one respawning boomer. But we're not underleveled anymore and an exotic sword will take his ass out.

It's really not that bad. In HM it was always a bitch specifically because of that one respawning boomer. But we're not underleveled anymore and an exotic sword will take his ass out.

Ive never even tried to do it. I've never even seen a video of how it's normally done. I'm assuming it's like the totems in the Oryx raid.
Crota raid seemed really broken, which was kind of fun in its own way.

phen0m24

in a PvP round but can help when it's over

Can sympathize as I've been chicken noodle souping today as well

ughhh

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's okay Gally. Always next time.

Hard for me to get sick. Even though it's 40 out I've taken ice cold showers last two days.

Ive never even tried to do it. I've never even seen a video of how it's normally done. I'm assuming it's like the totems in the Oryx raid.
Crota raid seemed really broken, which was kind of fun in its own way.

It's genuinely the only challenging part of the raid. The Totems work the same. Someone has to be standing under one, but only if someone is standing on the middle platform, or you wipe. Both sides are the same. You have to get 3 across to form the bridge from the other side and then all 6 can get across. Ogres will spawn. Bam.

phen0m24

I deleted my warlock to start a fresh one before i ever really used it. Now its sitting in my vault and well be until i can get him back to 40

You raiding tonight?

Supposed to finish Oryx off. Not sure what the plan is though. Hoping to see if Dawn is playing because I just want to hear her go crazy. SOO fun.

:)

My ex decided she would pick up the boys tomorrow instead of tonight so... Time is weird

Supposed to finish Oryx off. Not sure what the plan is though. Hoping to see if Dawn is playing because I just want to hear her go crazy. SOO fun.

:)

My ex decided she would pick up the boys tomorrow instead of tonight so... Time is weird

Whats the twitch user name?

I'm down if there's room.

X_Magik_ox

There's room, but I doubt we'll be able to fill up all the spots. Vincent said something about doing it quickly. Let's give it a go anyway.
3 spots open for King's Fall - Heroic Mode from Totems:

1. XchildofhateX
2. Vincentgrey
3. X_magik_ox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom